Week Two: Longview vs Marshall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-1) vs Marshall Mavericks (0-1)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2021 at 12:30 AM

Saw some improvement from Week 1, especially from the defense. The o-line looked better, especially with Norman moved to tackle. Still a lot to work on, but keep in mind this is still non-district. Not surprised by the vanilla playbook, no reason to tip your hand to Highland Park or any of your district opponents. Again, this is a young team, and they'll get better. 

Good effort from Marshall, best of luck the rest of the way! 

14 minutes ago, LOL said:

Saw some improvement from Week 1, especially from the defense. The o-line looked better, especially with Norman moved to tackle. Still a lot to work on, but keep in mind this is still non-district. Not surprised by the vanilla playbook, no reason to tip your hand to Highland Park or any of your district opponents. Again, this is a young team, and they'll get better. 

I agree.. we are going to only get better each week. Thought the second half energy was better than the first. Most of these kids have only played 96 minutes of varsity football and still trying to get comfortable out there. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

7 last and only 14 this week?? What’s going on LV I thought y’all all these D1 athletes on that side of the ball? Or is it coaching? 

Last week it was several turnovers in DR territory. 

This week it was a super vanilla offense. 

That said, I feel like we should always be able to line up and run at Marshall and win. So no real excuse tonight other than that the offensive line isn’t gelling yet. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I just disagree.  The defense was facing a less than average offense so they played the way I would expect them to. The oline did not look better to me.  The stunk it up...just were not facing a solid defense.  

I do think we have 2-3 teams in our district that can beat us, so we have a lot of improving to do.

13 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Wouldn’t be an upset this year 

Completely agree with this one.  Legacy is clearly the better team after 2 weeks.  They should be at least 17 point favorites before we ever hit the field.  THIS Longview team has a huge task in front of them next week and not a lot of time to improve.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Last week it was several turnovers in DR territory. 

This week it was a super vanilla offense. 

That said, I feel like we should always be able to line up and run at Marshall and win. So no real excuse tonight other than that the offensive line isn’t gelling yet. 

the offense is what it is....its vanilla because that is all they can run...you can't get any more complex if you can't block, catch, or throw.

Longview doesn't look like a I- formation run it between the tackles team right now. The play calling doesn't make any of the Qb's look good. It's real basic, like King isn't trying to tip his hand before district or something. Thomas gives the offense a different dynamic IMO. Allen is a good game Mgr. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RecruitbEastTx said:

Longview doesn't look like a I- formation run it between the tackles team right now. The play calling doesn't make any of the Qb's look good. It's real basic, like King isn't trying to tip his hand before district or something. Thomas gives the offense a different dynamic IMO. Allen is a good game Mgr. 

What is a game manager?