Dark Jerseys with "dark" Numbers

BEARDEDGOAT

This year TASO is enforcing a rule that will deem dark jerseys with dark number illegal. This includes red on black/black on red, black on orange/orange on black, and blue/charcoal grey. There are some staple programs with this jersey color scheme.  Has anybody seen where they are enforcing this rule? 15 yard penalty each half.  

7 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

This year TASO is enforcing a rule that will deem dark jerseys with dark number illegal. This includes red on black/black on red, black on orange/orange on black, and blue/charcoal grey. There are some staple programs with this jersey color scheme.  Has anybody seen where they are enforcing this rule? 15 yard penalty each half.  

Totally worth it to look good!

• Thanks 1

Guest Tiger03lb
7 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Totally worth it to look good!

Agreed. Koff had some gold jerseys on Friday. I thought they looked really good. Gilmer had their black/orange on.

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Yeah, I highly doubt it will be enforced in Gilmer 

I really don't think it will get inforced, honestly. 

1 hour ago, StoneColdSteveAustin said:

Hendo's white jerseys, heck all their jerseys, were ridiculous a few years back.

Yep. I do not care for the silver helmets and uniforms when school colors are red and blue. Dont know what the kids like...but Im old...and I like a very clean, simple, traditional look. Hate to say it but Carthage has great unis imo.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

The classic looks are the best. I’m not a Oregon fan. 

I'm just messin with ya.  I agree with you.  I don't see an issue with some of the combinations mentioned above, but I am not a fan of a lot of the new things.  The shiny gold and silver helmets drive crazy.

16 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I'm just messin with ya.  I agree with you.  I don't see an issue with some of the combinations mentioned above, but I am not a fan of a lot of the new things.  The shiny gold and silver helmets drive crazy.

When told that Oregon has over 100 uniform combinations, Nick Saban replied “We have two. Red jerseys at home, white on the road. Our main concern is with who’s wearing them.” He’s had the #1 or #2 recruiting class for the last 12 years. So much for the idea that you have to let Phil Knight dictate your look to recruit well. 

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

When told that Oregon has over 100 uniform combinations, Nick Saban replied “We have two. Red jerseys at home, white on the road. Our main concern is with who’s wearing them.” He’s had the #1 or #2 recruiting class for the last 12 years. So much for the idea that you have to let Phil Knight dictate your look to recruit well. 

Right!  You want the guys who are coming to win, not the guys who are coming because the uniform looks good!

Although, those classic Bama unis are pretty sweet...

the rule says non contrasting but i guess taso went a step forward.....it also calls for a charged timeout each quarter not just a a 15 yd penalty each half.

Texas high has an orange jersey with black numbers and a black jersey with orange. I'm sure they will wear both. 

LE had a jersey a couple years ago that was either black with maroon numbers or maroon with black numbers, i could see it being an issue as it was pretty hard to see the difference.