Argyle vs Pleasant Grove

TCU44

38 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Argyle by 28+.  It is unrealistic to think a freshman QB making his first varsity start will be able to handle the pressure coming Fri.  PG has some great young talent but it will be neutralized Fri.

It is not gonna make a difference who the QB is they will not be able to play with Argyle! 

31 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Sad deal this game used to have hype. Hopefully PG makes it respectable. That schedule is absolutely ridiculous. Paris Argyle Carthage then have Gilmer in district oh my.

Just part of being very good for the past several years.   It’s going to be tough to schedule the next 2 years because of the strong group of underclass men coming.   Nobody is willing to play except for the Carthage’s and Argyles of the world.   With that said Argyle 44 PG 14

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Argyle by 28+.  It is unrealistic to think a freshman QB making his first varsity start will be able to handle the pressure coming Fri.  PG has some great young talent but it will be neutralized Fri.

Really too bad PG lost their young qb. He'll be in the NFL someday if he can just stay healthy.

He can play but it’s a little early....

anxious to see what they do with freshman qb after he returns. Although freshman he’s a great athlete as well he   ran 7-7 all summer so he somewhat of a feel for the game plan. In the long run I see him being a better qb imo

Akari is also the type of player that needs the ball in his hands so who knows. Maybe not next year but the year after pg should make another big run.

15 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Sad deal this game used to have hype. Hopefully PG makes it respectable. That schedule is absolutely ridiculous. Paris Argyle Carthage then have Gilmer in district oh my.

Same thing happen to Daingerfield a while back. So good for a sustained amount of time and no one but the other heavy weights will agree to play. Talent dropped. Went through a 1-9 year because of it. 

• Thanks 1

Argyle has lots of depth at just about every position......and it will be HOT!  It's the home-opener for Argyle.......they haven't lost a home game in this stadium since a home-opening loss to Abilene Wylie in 2012.  They haven't lost a regular season game in 53 straight games since a 46-36 loss to Celina in Celina on 9/11/15. 

Argyle is very strong on the lines this season......the defensive line is very strong and 2-deep.  The linebacking corps are also deep and strong.  The O-line this season for the Eagles may be as good as last season by the time it's all said and done......they have good depth also.  Too early to determine just how good the new skill players and QB's will be this season, but most got to see plenty of action last season as sophs and juniors.  Argyle will play #3 Jacob Robinson(6-1/180/Jr) and #9 Zach Ohlemeier(6-1/185/Sr) at QB.  Robinson played DB last season as a soph.   Ohlemeier played back-up QB and was an all-district safety for Flower Mound Marcus last season before transferring to Argyle before the spring semester.  Both are very athletic with good speed.  As can be expected, Argyle has plenty of talent at the receiver positions and multiple excellent TE's this season.

The kicking and kick-coverage teams for Argyle are in the excellent category as well.  Dodsen is a senior this season.....ambi-legsterous on punts.....and soph. Buxton hit a 35-yard field goal last week and a few extra points.  Both traded off with kick-off and PAT duties.

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Out argyling argyle with a young team is a rare feat,if it happens it bodes well for the pg future 👀

The main problem I see for PG in this game(besides the youth) will be the heat and their depth vs Argyle.  Both will play a role in this game even though PG does have some talented young athletes on the field.  The Hawks run the Wing-T as well as it can be run, and does an excellent job passing from this formation as well.  A finely-tuned Wing-T offense is tough for any team to defend against, but it will be a very valuable lesson for this Argyle Eagles defense to try to stop early in the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TCU44 said:

I bet Argyle‘s numbers now are already easily 5A.I imagine they will have an advantage and depth over any team they play this year. To me the only team that has any shot of beating them is probably Celina.

Stephenville.......don't forget Stephenville in the playoffs.  Don't know much about La Vega this season either.......they could be really good again.  Argyle's offense need some games and the consistency of one qb over the other as the starter.  When that finally happens, then we might see the complete package this season's team will be.

• Like 1