Argyle vs Pleasant Grove

TCU44

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Mallet was 6’5 and slinging it all over the field.   SMH

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

And nobody knew it then, but he was coached by arguably the best QB coach in the state.

I was about to say, I’m pretty sure everyone knew that guy was going to the NFL. Doesn’t make you Nostradamus to predict  6’5” guy with a cannon for an arm to go pro. 

46 minutes ago, micotrav said:

5A DII ?  If Argyle were in 5A, I would pay to see Argyle vs. Ennis.  I believe Argyle would hang in there pretty well.  5A DI would be a little more complicated.  Argyle vs. Highland Park, or Argyle vs. Longview?  

There will be plenty of competition for Argyle in 5A-D2 to deal with.......IF they jump up this realignment.  Then if they do, they may stay there for a looong time.  The school district borders and landmass available is pretty much already set.  Argyle just doesn't have much room to expand because of those borders with Northwest ISD, Denton ISD, and Flower Mound ISD. 

I guess you could put the enrollment of Argyle Liberty Christian into Argyle ISD and maybe get to 5A-D1......maybe.  But that's putting TAPPS with the UIL.......it ain't gonna happen in Texas.  And a certain percentage of those students attending Liberty Christian don't even live in AISD.

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I guess you could put the enrollment of Argyle Liberty Christian into Argyle ISD and maybe get to 5A-D1......maybe.  But that's putting TAPPS with the UIL.......it ain't gonna happen in Texas.  And a certain percentage of those students attending Liberty Christian don't even live in AISD.

I think Liberty Christian's total enrollment for all grades is somewhere around 1100-1200 K-12 this school year.  So that's not many at the high school level.......I don't know the number.......but maybe 400-450 at most?

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

What’s Argyle’s HS enrollment now? 1300 or 1400. Interested to see on snapshot day. I bet they are close to double the enrollment of schools like PG. 

• Like 1

There is a 99% chance Argyle will be 5A D2 next realignment. Nearly all the new development is in Flower Mound (Canyon Falls & Trailwood) . Argyle won’t stay in 5A D2 more than 4-6 years as an even much larger Furst Ranch development in Flower Mound at NE corner of 1171 & 377 is underway. The plans are 2,500+ single family homes & 4,000+ townhomes and apartments ALL zoned to Argyle ISD. 

5 minutes ago, Texski said:

There is a 99% chance Argyle will be 5A D2 next realignment. Nearly all the new development is in Flower Mound (Canyon Falls & Trailwood) . Argyle won’t stay in 5A D2 more than 4-6 years as an even much larger Furst Ranch development in Flower Mound at NE corner of 1171 & 377 is underway. The plans are 2,500+ single family homes & 4,000+ townhomes and apartments ALL zoned to Argyle ISD. 

So all of Furst Ranch goes to AISD even though it's in Flower Mound, Huh?  Well that will be alot of extra tax dollars and lots of extra students for sure.

13 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Argyle is a machine for sure but Pleasant Grove honestly is not good this year. I’m sure I’ll get a lot of kind of comments on this one!😂

No argument from anyone who knows football. Most of fans have said all along we arent goingto be good this year. I’ve only seen one guy saying differently and that’s only because he’s the dad of a first time varsity player 

3 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

No argument from anyone who knows football. Most of fans have said all along we arent goingto be good this year. I’ve only seen one guy saying differently and that’s only because he’s the dad of a first time varsity player 

So your sayin’ there’s a chance the Panthers can play with the Hawks this year?  😁