Constitutional Carry In Texas

Stoney

All jokes aside, I have my CHL. Girlfriend and her daughter want to get their CHL. Even with constitutional carry, would anybody still recommend getting the CHL? Would CHL give them any protections over constitutional carry?

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

All jokes aside, I have my CHL. Girlfriend and her daughter want to get their CHL. Even with constitutional carry, would anybody still recommend getting the CHL? Would CHL give them any protections over constitutional carry?

I might, if I decided to carry, if nothing else for the extra knowledge and training I might receive. But that would be my choice.

Of course, all that information is likely free online. So there's that.

I am making sure that both my daughters and wife go through the training, especially on handling a firearm. I have taught them the basics, but of course, they have a hard time listening to me--because, well because I expect everything to be done correct after the first demonstration. But I understand that I do NOT know all the rules and laws that come with CHL and handgun use. I consider myself an expert with a rifle, but even I could use some more education when it comes to hand guns. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

I am making sure that both my daughters and wife go through the training, especially on handling a firearm. I have taught them the basics, but of course, they have a hard time listening to me--because, well because I expect everything to be done correct after the first demonstration. But I understand that I do NOT know all the rules and laws that come with CHL and handgun use. I consider myself an expert with a rifle, but even I could use some more education when it comes to hand guns. 

We are the same way...I was raised shooting with rifles and can take one apart to clean it with no problem but I was never interested in pistols...mainly because my hands are to big for most of the handles and I just could never feel comfortable shooting them so I did the same thing...both daughters and son went through the training and are better with them than I am. I pray that none of my family ever be faced with situation that they have to make that choice but at least I know we have done everything we can to educate them and improve their chances to make the right choice and survive the situation. Sad they we live in such a world but we do.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

We are the same way...I was raised shooting with rifles and can take one apart to clean it with no problem but I was never interested in pistols...mainly because my hands are to big for most of the handles and I just could never feel comfortable shooting them so I did the same thing...both daughters and son went through the training and are better with them than I am. I pray that none of my family ever be faced with situation that they have to make that choice but at least I know we have done everything we can to educate them and improve their chances to make the right choice and survive the situation. Sad they we live in such a world but we do.

Girlfriend’s daughter started college. She’s running that Round Rock to Beeville route. All she has to protect herself is her phone. Same with her Mama. That scares the crap out of me. There’s a lot bad things that can happen on a 2 hour road trip. I’ve got Mama willing to take her CHL, Daughter is a little more iffy but I think it’s because she wasn’t raised around them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

Go big or go home baby and judging by your screen name I’d say you’d be going home. 

You are right I don't like penises at all, big or small but you do you Elton

On 9/2/2021 at 9:58 AM, RETIREDFAN1 said:

CHL just gives the government a data base to see who to send to the camps........I carried without asking the fascists permission BEFORE it became "legal" because it's always been legal.....SECOND AMENDMENT.....SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.....

I'm going to a camp !

Ralph_Wiggum.png

On 9/2/2021 at 9:48 AM, Stoney said:

My understanding is that any sign on a business prohibits someone without a LTC and only the proper 30.06 sign prohibits a LTC holder.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

My understanding is that any sign on a business prohibits someone without a LTC and only the proper 30.06 sign prohibits a LTC holder.

I think everyone should carry a 30.06  ....  good all around hunting caliber  ...  will take down anything on the North American continent in the hands of a competent operator ....

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1