Big 12 Expansion- BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston

Stoney

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Four best available gets in that Florida recruitment, get West Virginia some some partners assuming they stay, Houston strong program well about as much as Baylor/Tcu, Ohio area, Byu has a national following, and UCf one fastest growth. These are excellent choices. None will replace Ou and Texas but brings it to respectable. This is the move you have to take or get disbanded. The American will be hurt by this move. 

Excellent choices would’ve been poaching two p5’s not in the Big12 footprint.  Big12 commish sat on his #### and let it happen.  This is not and excellent choice, this is avoiding death of the conference, no more.  And when the TV contracts renew and they can’t get but $15M per team it’ll be his fault.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You don’t really have that option. No school dumb enough to leave a stable conference to the big 12. American is the best available plus Byu. You maybe had a better option if Texas and Ou stayed. Then again they ain’t miracle workers.

With Texas and ou the Big12 was stable.  Why do you think they’re upset?  They were stable enough to pick off some teams.  Commish proved to be lazy 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Excellent choices would’ve been poaching two p5’s not in the Big12 footprint.  Big12 commish sat on his #### and let it happen.  This is not and excellent choice, this is avoiding death of the conference, no more.  And when the TV contracts renew and they can’t get but $15M per team it’ll be his fault.

This is bringing 4 people onto the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. This might stabilize them as a new member of the Group of 6 conferences. Which of those 4 teams is going to bring eyeballs and move tv ratings? I’m not too sure I’d accept if I was them.

13 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

We will agree to disagree. They couldn’t care less now they will be in a bigger and better conference. Can’t beat em , join em.

What the heck are you talking about?  This is about the remaining 8 teams in the Big 12 and how those 4 teams are a reach at staying alive.  You understand that right?!

the Big12 commish did their teams no favors.  

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

This is bringing 4 people onto the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. This might stabilize them as a new member of the Group of 6 conferences. Which of those 4 teams is going to bring eyeballs and move tv ratings? I’m not too sure I’d accept if I was them.

It would give them more money until the Big12 folds or dissolved.  That’s it. Then they’ll be crawling back to the AAC begging to be let back in.  The last 8 big12 teams and those 4 won’t draw $15M per team for renegotiations when the current contract is up.  I think they’d be better off staying out.  Let the Big12 die, since that seems to be what Bowlsby had planned 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

But that didn’t happen now did it. You can say it all you want.

They don’t leave when they don’t know they’re wanted or needed.  That’s the problem the big 12 had/has.  The commish sat on his #### and didn’t do anything until his two money makers announced they were hitting the road

• LOL! 1

I think the only thing at this point that might make this palatable for those teams and halfway interesting now is that they have the "seat at the table" (a bid) still as a Big 5...that is meaningful whether in name somewhat only. 

Got a blurb saying SMU would be a Big 12 fit and would like in...really don't see why they wouldn't be.

43 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

I think the only thing at this point that might make this palatable for those teams and halfway interesting now is that they have the "seat at the table" (a bid) still as a Big 5...that is meaningful whether in name somewhat only. 

Got a blurb saying SMU would be a Big 12 fit and would like in...really don't see why they wouldn't be.

What is the point of allowing in SMU?  The 4-5 discussed have some appeal... IF YOU STILL HAD TEXAS AND OU, but I think it would be a disaster to try and glue this glass jar together with plastic pieces...

BYU- Not great, but some flashes in football.  However, you get some worldwide appeal, and the entire mormon church.
Cincinatti- Good at football, traditionally good at basketball.  Those are 2 revenue generating sports if they could hold that above average to good standing in those 2 sports.
Memphis- Same thing as Cincinnati...
Houston- Still regionally appropriate.  Has shown promise in football, baseball, and basketball.  Why not?
UCF- Largest student enrollment in the nation.  Good at Football.

SMU- not good at football, not good at basketball, not good at baseball, small enrollment...  SMU would be the absolute worst addition.... so the B12 Commish will probably allow it to happen.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

What is the point of allowing in SMU?  The 4-5 discussed have some appeal... IF YOU STILL HAD TEXAS AND OU, but I think it would be a disaster to try and glue this glass jar together with plastic pieces...

BYU- Not great, but some flashes in football.  However, you get some worldwide appeal, and the entire mormon church.
Cincinatti- Good at football, traditionally good at basketball.  Those are 2 revenue generating sports if they could hold that above average to good standing in those 2 sports.
Memphis- Same thing as Cincinnati...
Houston- Still regionally appropriate.  Has shown promise in football, baseball, and basketball.  Why not?
UCF- Largest student enrollment in the nation.  Good at Football.

SMU- not good at football, not good at basketball, not good at baseball, small enrollment...  SMU would be the absolute worst addition.... so the B12 Commish will probably allow it to happen.

All great points, plus you have to take TV audience into consideration. The Big XII needs a team that will help their viewership (and thus recruiting) footprint. Adding SMU adds nothing to their marketability. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LOL said:

All great points, plus you have to take TV audience into consideration. The Big XII needs a team that will help their viewership (and thus recruiting) footprint. Adding SMU adds nothing to their marketability. 

Adding SMU would make them a bigger joke than the Sun Belt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Adding SMU would make them a bigger joke than the Sun Belt.

Agreed, I don't get it. It's not like having SMU alum politicians matters anymore. It's all money and TV deals and recruiting now. Bill Clements is dead. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Hey y’all just chill. Whatever the conference realignment brings, it’s bound to be better than being a Kansas fan. Storming the field after beating a FCS team:

Could have been like Colorado State and got demolished by an FCS school.......South Dakota State hammered the Rams......lol

39 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

So who is begging?  The Big12 or the 4 schools to be invited?

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Obviously the Big 12. 

So, the context of the conversation at the moment you made that comment was the 4 teams walking on board a sinking ship.  Thank you for clarifying that.  I think those 4 make a bad decision to joint the Big12 if they do