Big 12 Expansion- BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston

Stoney

I like the part about Memphis being added also. But outside of SMU or Boise State, there is not another team in the western part of the country that would leave where they are to join the Big 12. 

And while some think that ESPN will drop out, I don't think so either. If there is money to be made showing their games on the U, ESPN 2/3/4/5/6/7//8 they will have them on. The Big 12 might just have to be "mandated" to be on during certain times of the day--not during primetime, unless someone turns out to be Really, Really, Really good. 

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

I like the part about Memphis being added also. But outside of SMU or Boise State, there is not another team in the western part of the country that would leave where they are to join the Big 12. 

And while some think that ESPN will drop out, I don't think so either. If there is money to be made showing their games on the U, ESPN 2/3/4/5/6/7//8 they will have them on. The Big 12 might just have to be "mandated" to be on during certain times of the day--not during primetime, unless someone turns out to be Really, Really, Really good. 

The Big XII leaked a story saying ESPN was behind OU and Texas bailing.  I can see them going with a FOX Sports Exclusive contract.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:24 AM, MavGrad99 said:

The Big XII leaked a story saying ESPN was behind OU and Texas bailing.  I can see them going with a FOX Sports Exclusive contract.

I think espn hopes the Big12 dies, creating 4 super conferences.  I don’t believe they will be on the Big12 contract.  

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Call it what you may but these four actually sparked my interest in the Big 12. I wouldn’t mind seeing a schedule alliance between these two conferences. Would make better non conference games. 

Silly question I assume Bedlam will still be played and I expect Texas to play Baylor/Tech ect. I expect Tcu to take a stop. I always would like too see Houston vs A&M /Texas. Seems like a no brainer regional matchup.

Bedlam will likely be a late season rivalry game, if the Big12 will agree to it.  Thanksgiving you’ll see Texas and aTm kickoff again.  

Texas is reportedly in talks with Tx Tech for a 10 year multiple sport contract once Texas enters the sec.

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

That is cool . Good seeing cooler heads prevail for a change.

Proof that a team can leave and not be butthurt.  They can also schedule games with the old conference.  Only hindrance I see is bedlam/Big12 scheduling.  Texas/Tech will be happy playing in September 

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Bedlam will likely be a late season rivalry game, if the Big12 will agree to it.  Thanksgiving you’ll see Texas and aTm kickoff again.  

Texas is reportedly in talks with Tx Tech for a 10 year multiple sport contract once Texas enters the sec.

SEC and Big XII Should just allow the OU/OSU game to take place on Thanksgiving week each year as well.  Huge $$$ and lots of 👀

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Huge $$$ and lots of 👀

Really? 

Oklahoma as a state is not even that big...3.957 million folks

Even for the other random fans of OU around the nation, I couldn't see it being giant enough $$$ to move to a holiday weekend...rather than an early season, out of conference event.

Houston metro population is 7.15 million now

D/FW metro population is 7.64 million now

heck, Austin metro is now 2.28 million (2020 census) 

Frankly, I'd like the Okie State game to be an early non-conference matchup. Despite the media hype, it's not really competitive rivalry. 90-18-7 all-time, 18-4 since 2000, and Gundy has never beaten a Lincoln Riley team. 

If OU is gonna take it to the next level, teams like Okie State need to be treated like D-II competition: tune up games for the real season. 

1 hour ago, PelvisPresley said:

Really? 

Oklahoma as a state is not even that big...3.957 million folks

Even for the other random fans of OU around the nation, I couldn't see it being giant enough $$$ to move to a holiday weekend...rather than an early season, out of conference event.

Houston metro population is 7.15 million now

D/FW metro population is 7.64 million now

heck, Austin metro is now 2.28 million (2020 census) 

Oklahoma St will be ranked every year in this new Big XII.  They will be the alpha in that conference most of the time.  Also consider it being a rivalry.  It's not just the state of Oklahoma that watches OU games.  Thinking seeing OU vs Missouri, Kentucky, or some other random SEC game on Thanksgiving would be boring.  You should want this on a day like this...  The NATION will watch, just like we watch those terrible Cowboys teams on Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Frankly, I'd like the Okie State game to be an early non-conference matchup. Despite the media hype, it's not really competitive rivalry. 90-18-7 all-time, 18-4 since 2000, and Gundy has never beaten a Lincoln Riley team. 

If OU is gonna take it to the next level, teams like Okie State need to be treated like D-II competition: tune up games for the real season. 

This is very true for OU.  Which is also why the B12 needs to prop up the school that is likely going to be their most likely champion.  Sure, a 6-3 OU (SEC) team would probably still be favored over a 9-0 OSU (B12) team, but games like that will be the chance(s) they need to try and prove they still deserve their spot on the big stage.  But this current B12 commissioner will screw this up to... no worries.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 11:27 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Oklahoma St will be ranked every year in this new Big XII.  They will be the alpha in that conference most of the time.  Also consider it being a rivalry.  It's not just the state of Oklahoma that watches OU games.  Thinking seeing OU vs Missouri, Kentucky, or some other random SEC game on Thanksgiving would be boring.  You should want this on a day like this...  The NATION will watch, just like we watch those terrible Cowboys teams on Thanksgiving.

no, but maybe the Texas vs A&M game and a Oklahoma vs Arkansas or Oklahoma vs LSU game now...on that Thanksgiving break