Week 1 scores and discussion

RETIREDFAN1

My thoughts on 2 games in particular, 

LSU-UCLA: I think this says more about LSU than UCLA. 2019 is in the rear view. LSU is not a good team. I won’t be surprised at all if Orgeron is not the coach next season.

Georgia-Clemson: I wasn’t impressed by either of these teams. Nor do I agree with anyone that says these were simply two dominating defenses going at it. I see most teams remaining on both of their schedules doing more offensively against both of these defenses than either of these two offenses did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

LSU-UCLA: I think this says more about LSU than UCLA. 2019 is in the rear view. LSU is not a good team. I won’t be surprised at all if Orgeron is not the coach next season.

Georgia-Clemson: I wasn’t impressed by either of these teams. Nor do I agree with anyone that says these were simply two dominating defenses going at it. I see most teams remaining on both of their schedules doing more offensively against both of these defenses than either of these two offenses did. 

While I agree that it says more about where LSU is, Kelly and UCLA are good on offense. He called a good game and his QB is playing well. I’ve watched both of their games and I really like their run game. They aren’t a playoff team but they’ll compete for the Pac12. 

23 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

LSU is not good, which is astounding considering they have Top 5 or Top 10 talent in the nation (in terms of recruiting rankings, anyway). 

Anyone with a brain knows that 2019 was a blip on the radar because of 3 good coordinators and Joe Burrow having a stellar year due to taking a few hours online and being able to focus on football. Those coordinators and Burrow are gone, and LSU hasn't looked the same since. The Florida win turned the temperature down on Ed O's hot seat, but it's got to be heating up pretty quickly after 2020 and the UCLA game. No reason LSU shouldn't be in the top 10 every year with the talent they get. They can still have a successful season... But something's got to change. They should never lose to a PAC school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

LSU is not good, which is astounding considering they have Top 5 or Top 10 talent in the nation (in terms of recruiting rankings, anyway). 

Anyone with a brain knows that 2019 was a blip on the radar because of 3 good coordinators and Joe Burrow having a stellar year due to taking a few hours online and being able to focus on football. Those coordinators and Burrow are gone, and LSU hasn't looked the same since. The Florida win turned the temperature down on Ed O's hot seat, but it's got to be heating up pretty quickly after 2020 and the UCLA game. No reason LSU shouldn't be in the top 10 every year with the talent they get. They can still have a successful season... But something's got to change. They should never lose to a PAC school. 

Agree on all points. What's funny too, is with all the points you made, take out LSU from your comment, and one could argue you were talking about Texas as well. Same issue (except they haven't had that 1 2019 season).