Biden's historic food-stamp increase could hurt long-term economic growth, wages

blesseddaily

They could care less...just gotta keep their base dependent on the government.

"The Biden administration's massive food-stamp expansion, the largest permanent increase to benefits in the program's history, could cut economic growth over the next decade, according to a new study published last week. "

Biden's historic food-stamp increase could hurt long-term economic growth, wages | Fox Business

The increase, which is projected to cost about $20 billion a year, does not need to be approved by Congress under a farm law — passed in 2018 and signed by former President Trump — which directed the Agriculture Department to reexamine the Thrifty Food Plan.

What, this president didn't cancel another plan done by the Trump Administration. Imagine my shock. I guess he is going to keep this one, so that he can implement a plan to keep people on the government rolls instead of getting them in the workforce. 

I'll imagine that this one will work just like the last one he used--the Afghanistan withdrawl--saying he couldn't change it because it was already an agreement. Maybe the Supreme Court will rule against his stopping the Keystone pipeline now, since it was an agreement that was already made. 

But then again, who knows what Walk Away Joe will do. 

7 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

The increase, which is projected to cost about $20 billion a year, does not need to be approved by Congress under a farm law — passed in 2018 and signed by former President Trump — which directed the Agriculture Department to reexamine the Thrifty Food Plan.

What, this president didn't cancel another plan done by the Trump Administration. Imagine my shock. I guess he is going to keep this one, so that he can implement a plan to keep people on the government rolls instead of getting them in the workforce. 

I'll imagine that this one will work just like the last one he used--the Afghanistan withdrawl--saying he couldn't change it because it was already an agreement. Maybe the Supreme Court will rule against his stopping the Keystone pipeline now, since it was an agreement that was already made. 

But then again, who knows what Walk Away Joe will do. 

What ever that is, you can wager any amount that it will be 180 degrees counter the correct thing.🙄

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Ah, another 'conservative' troll. Who did you used to be? 🤔

Again. Another nonsensical statement. Why do you not try and have a civil debate? Statements like “conservatives should go door to door slapping food from the hands of children” does nothing but widen the gap between Americans. The welfare system is a broken one. It’s taken 55 years to wreck it. It’s going to take decades to fix. One side wants to create a larger system and the other wants to chop it off cold. Neither makes sense. IMO there are two things that can be done right away to try and right the ship. 1) Stop penalizing people from marrying. Marriage is the bedrock of a society. A couple should not be penalized for doing the right thing. It’s a fact children do better in a two parent home. 2) Don’t cut benefits right away. If a person is in the system, more than likely, the job they get will not be great. I don’t know a time table, but say 18 months. Government should say “we are happy you’ve taken the initiative to work. We will continue these benefits and begin to phase them out over time. This will give you a chance of putting something back and move your way up the ladder. If these two things were implemented today, the tide would begin to shift. It won’t be easy. It may very well take a generation to break free of a viscous cycle. 

For decades following the end of World War II productivity, corporate profits, the stock market and wages all trended upward at roughly the same rate. Then in the 1980s productivity, corporate profits and the stock market sky rocketed while middle class (and lower) wages largely stagnated (or worse). Since that time $trillions that should have gone to workers in the form of wages and benefits have been funneled to investors instead. There would not be such a need for "aid" if the business community had not spent the last four decades cutting workers throats to enrich those that make money off of money. 

20 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

For decades following the end of World War II productivity, corporate profits, the stock market and wages all trended upward at roughly the same rate. Then in the 1980s productivity, corporate profits and the stock market sky rocketed while middle class (and lower) wages largely stagnated (or worse). Since that time $trillions that should have gone to workers in the form of wages and benefits have been funneled to investors instead. There would not be such a need for "aid" if the business community had not spent the last four decades cutting workers throats to enrich those that make money off of money. 

Wonder what happened in the 80s that stagnated the middle class?

525C3213-17B1-4C78-A356-0F0335471A69.png

2 hours ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

Again. Another nonsensical statement. Why do you not try and have a civil debate? Statements like “conservatives should go door to door slapping food from the hands of children” does nothing but widen the gap between Americans. The welfare system is a broken one. It’s taken 55 years to wreck it. It’s going to take decades to fix. One side wants to create a larger system and the other wants to chop it off cold. Neither makes sense. IMO there are two things that can be done right away to try and right the ship. 1) Stop penalizing people from marrying. Marriage is the bedrock of a society. A couple should not be penalized for doing the right thing. It’s a fact children do better in a two parent home. 2) Don’t cut benefits right away. If a person is in the system, more than likely, the job they get will not be great. I don’t know a time table, but say 18 months. Government should say “we are happy you’ve taken the initiative to work. We will continue these benefits and begin to phase them out over time. This will give you a chance of putting something back and move your way up the ladder. If these two things were implemented today, the tide would begin to shift. It won’t be easy. It may very well take a generation to break free of a viscous cycle. 

Common sense thinking...👌😊

4 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Wonder what happened in the 80s that stagnated the middle class?

525C3213-17B1-4C78-A356-0F0335471A69.png

I didn't see them stagnate.  I also never read a news article in the 80's or early 90's of them stagnating.  This must be the lefts new historical version of them doing so to blame Reagan for the greatest decade in my lifetime.  

6 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I didn't see them stagnate.  I also never read a news article in the 80's or early 90's of them stagnating.  This must be the lefts new historical version of them doing so to blame Reagan for the greatest decade in my lifetime.  

Wage growth charts are everywhere. Been stagnant for years. Find one that takes into account inflation and you’ll see Americans don’t make any more than they did in the 80s