PG/Paris

dillonpanthers

2 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Is there not a thread for this game? Where are all the PG posters?

I wondered the same thing myself. There's not a thread. I actually thought this would be a very interesting game. I know PG has been bit by injuries but I think they'll get it together. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I wondered the same thing myself. There's not a thread. I actually thought this would be a very interesting game. I know PG has been bit by injuries but I think they'll get it together. 

The PG faithful are not too thrilled with the Hawks at this point.  The QB arm injury set them back, but the dismantling by Argyle opened their eyes to reality.  That is why there is no thread.  This year is a building year for PG.  I think Paris will win by 10-14 points tonight.

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Booster and fan Mike Carpenter passed away this past week. It was a tough hit. Everyone loved Mike.

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

The PG faithful are not too thrilled with the Hawks at this point.  The QB arm injury set them back, but the dismantling by Argyle opened their eyes to reality.  That is why there is no thread.  This year is a building year for PG.  I think Paris will win by 10-14 points tonight.

Lol poor PG. I can't say much. There used to be more Atlanta posters. 

I saw some good stuff by the young men playing against Argyle.  A team this young will make leaps by the time district play gets here.  Playing at home will also help.  And the QB position is not absolutely key in the Wing T.  PG will win plenty of games this season......don't worry.  They have some very good young players that will mature as the season progresses.

1 minute ago, Texlov said:

Booster and fan Mike Carpenter passed away this past week. It was a tough hit. Everyone loved Mike.

That's unfortunate. Sorry to hear that. We recently lost one of our long time boosters and fans as well. 

I used to tease him because last year, the announcers apparently got some false information, because they announced him dead at one of our football games. He came into my store the next week and we had a good laugh about it. 

PG really could use a bounce-back performance after that shellacking last week. But this may not be the week to get it. Paris is very good. Athletes all over the field to match whatever PG has. A quick, athletic and strong offensive line, and a couple of ball carriers who can take it to the house any time they touch the ball. The Wildcats also have a hard-hitting defense. I expect Paris to come out on top of this one by a few scores, honestly.

After seeing what Argyle did to PG, I feel like it's safe to say there's no one remotely close to posing a threat to Gilmer in Region II.

• Like 3

They will have a couple of more years of being pretty good and then they will be back to being PG of old!  Because the pipeline of getting all them move ins has went to Texas High and everyone knows who he is! I hear some of the PG folks are upset about all the kids moving in from outside  of the district and taking their kids spots on the football  field!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

They will have a couple of more years of being pretty good and then they will be back to being PG of old!  Because the pipeline of getting all them move ins has went to Texas High and everyone knows who he is! I hear some of the PG folks are upset about all the kids moving in from outside  of the district and taking their kids spots on the football  field!

would you really say dk is a pipeline? I think the move ins has a lot to with success. kids in Texarkana move around and have for a long time...lamichael James and tra Carson both were at tisd until 9th grade..thigh has generally got a lot of those players in the past but pg has been winning for 4-5 years and not only winning but playing at at&t 3 out of those 5 years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Lol. Anyone that has kept up with the Hawks knew this year was going to be a down year. This team was looking at 3 to 5 loses with a healthy Johnson. A lot of youth on this team. PG will be fine because the talent is there, just needs to grow up quickly. The Hawks may surprise some people tonight. It is always a good game with Paris.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dillonpanthers said:

Definitely agree with that. He's put a lot of chips on this now sophomore class. His son is in that group. I think that's what makes the qb getting hurt that much more disappointing.

they are banking on this sophomore group combining with the current 8th grade group.  When these Sophomores are Seniors, and the 8th graders are sophomores.....that will look a lot like 2017.  The O line might even be bigger than 2017...lots of potential.  just gotta  grow up

• Like 1