PG/Paris

dillonpanthers

Naturally I'll be interested and pulling for my district mates the Paris Wildcats in this game today.  Nothing against PG, but a Paris win tonight coupled with an Argyle win tonight just makes our district look even that much stronger.  I'm waiting for a good Youtube game video to watch of one of the Paris games.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:09 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

I think PG losing their QB is definitely taking a toll. I didn't get to watch them, but I have some buddies that did and they said the kid is special. 

not being able to stop the run btw the tackles was the issue in this game...my two cents

3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Losing what the Hawks lost on D (4 dudes playing on Saturday) was sure gonna hurt and it is hurting.   Can’t replace guys like that.

But But they got the best coach in Texas!!  That is what all my PG fans tell me he invented the Wing-T offense.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:17 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea we’re pretty loaded as well especially with the younger tennison taking over. You can’t tell he’s a freshman when he runs the ball on varsity kid gonna be special 

I was just about to say...Pleasant Grove shouldn't be banking on knocking Gilmer off the the pedestal now that they've got back on there. They have kids and talent in a pipeline that's DEEP...going down way into the elementary grades and they don't have kids leaving, they have people that move in. 

Glad PG got to enjoy a good little 5 year stretch where Gilmer was down...(only winning 12 or so games a year) 

• Like 1

I watched parts of this game on Texarkana Gameday.   Wing T v. Wing T.    Several chop block penalties on both sides.    Without close up replays, I could not tell if the blocks were good solid calls, or if they were questionable.   That lead me to consider some coaching considerations for both OL and DL play.

Wing T offensive line play involves low blocks/cut blocks.    Chop blocks penalties are to be an emphasis this year in NCAA rules (which governs play in Texas high schools).    Whenever a DL slants and engages the OL adjacent to the one the DL lines up over isn't he setting up a possible chop block penalty everytime the guy he is head up on comes at him low?   Seems like a DL that slants a lot will be able to draw a chop block penalty almost every play.    

3 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Pg fans always have 2 things. Excuses and predictions of a 2017 team all over again. Pg isnt the only program with up and comers. Sorry but I think its over in pg.

I have not seen any excuses from posters on Smoaky. This team is getting beat. Are there factors that are contributing to the loses, absolutely. Every team has strengths and weaknesses.  This team is no different. As long as Gibson is coaching the PG program, the Hawks will never fall to where they were before he came.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, swaha said:

I have not seen any excuses from posters on Smoaky. This team is getting beat. Are there factors that are contributing to the loses, absolutely. Every team has strengths and weaknesses.  This team is no different. As long as Gibson is coaching the PG program, the Hawks will never fall to where they were before he came.

They will be decent but not what they have pretended to be without earning it. Had a few real good seasons and it ended. They could make a good gatekeeper to the top 5 over the next 3 or 4 years.

5 hours ago, Knuckles said:

They will be decent but not what they have pretended to be without earning it. Had a few real good seasons and it ended. They could make a good gatekeeper to the top 5 over the next 3 or 4 years.

With the run of players the last few years it’s really hard to keep up with the success they have had when those type of players are gone.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Knuckles said:

“Pretended to be without earning it”...not exactly sure what you mean by this comment. There is no pretending, you either win or lose. Plus, I would say that every team that wins a championship...has earned it. Lose the hate and join the rest of the misfits on the Friday Football App.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:09 PM, Hawk20 said:

they are banking on this sophomore group combining with the current 8th grade group.  When these Sophomores are Seniors, and the 8th graders are sophomores.....that will look a lot like 2017.  The O line might even be bigger than 2017...lots of potential.  just gotta  grow up

teams need depth or when injuries hit a good team-that team becomes average 

Another thing to remember about the hawks, they lost four varsity coaches this past hiring cycle...btw those four they prolly had over 70 yrs of experience(?)...takes time for the new guys to learn and as Hawk20 said kids gotta learn how to play...after what i saw in early scrimmages 2-3 in pre district was realistic...should be anywhere from 4th to 2nd in district