Week Four: Longview vs Bryant, AR

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Bryant Hornets (2-0)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Bryant in a close one
    • Bryant in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

The guy on their website confirmed that they don't get matched on team speed very often. 

I've been reading, and I am pretty confused as to why everyone keep referencing our lines as "small" compared to past teams. Especially the defensive line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I scared the #### outta my family because I practically screamed when Tatum caught that deep route.

Man, if we can get defenses worried about covering him downfield as a receiver it opens up a HUGE dimension to the offense. 

I keep telling people, part of the reason Tatum will go down as one of the greatest backs to come through....his hands out of the backfield. 

I have not seen one Lobo back with better hands and overall ability to catch the ball. Tatum can and will high point the ball and moss a DB....seen em do it in practices. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kingwolf said:

What are you talking about?  Where has any poster said this game will be easy or a blowout.  I am sure we have some extreme homers who think Lobos win easily but no one else.  Bryant is a very disciplined and solid team.  Longview has its work cut out for them.

I voted Lobo blowout...

14 hours ago, gtee2 said:

I voted Lobo blowout...

Hey, I'll go as far as this: we'll win by 20+ if we have zero penalties on offense, because that means they're locked in and focused. 

Once this team gets the mental/emotional aspect down, they're gonna be dangerous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LOL said:

Hey, I'll go as far as this: we'll win by 20+ if we have zero penalties on offense, because that means they're locked in and focused. 

Once this team gets the mental/emotional aspect down, they're gonna be dangerous. 

That is my main issue is the consistency.  We had one good game out of three against a team we aren't sure really how good they are.  This Bryant team is most likely better than anyone except DR but again we don't know much about them.

My thought is we have a team that at this point has had ups and downs.  Bryant has not.  WP4L said it best when it will be our defense that will carry us in this game.  In our history under King, these teams that are disciplined, run a sound system, and are dynamic have usually beat us based on our mistakes.  I won't make the mistake of underestimating them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LOL said:

My thoughts on this years team have not changed...I believe Longview is a last game participant with the right personnel in place. And next we should run the table. It will be completely unacceptable if #8 leaves high without a football state title.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LOL said:

I liked the wrinkle I saw at practice yesterday during the passing skeleton...  really hope we see that wrinkle more sooner than later. 

It was also pretty clear who was getting QB1 reps. 

Yeah...obviously you cant say too much on the boards but...they've added another wrinkle that you dont really see in Longview much. 

I'd be surprised if we saw it before HP week.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

JJ will play this week, he was back in school Monday.  

My man JJ.

Another dominant underclassman who can be a stand up rusher off the edge in the 3-4 like Von Miller, or can play with his hand in the dirt whenever we run even front.

He's part of what makes the defense so dynamic. There's some Thomas Jones (2009-2010) there.

• Mr. P locked this topic