Week Four: Longview vs Bryant, AR

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (2-1) vs Bryant Hornets (2-0)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Bryant in a close one
    • Bryant in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 12:30 AM

Yea I would imagine you would be fine. I can't imagine Bryant bringing a massive crowd, enough to sell out there section, or even the GA selling out.

Only thing I really wish the Lobos would do is would be to get with the times on the online tickets sales. But alas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

if you get there early enough I highly doubt it will be sold out.  too much COVID fears (rightly so) are out there.

36 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yea I would imagine you would be fine. I can't imagine Bryant bringing a massive crowd, enough to sell out there section, or even the GA selling out.

Only thing I really wish the Lobos would do is would be to get with the times on the online tickets sales. But alas.

I'm going to take yalls word for it and purchase tickets at the gate, however, if I'm denied yall owe me gas and dinner after game, I'll be in the parking lot waiting lol

• LOL! 4

On 9/13/2021 at 8:39 AM, kingwolf said:

The easy thing to see is that they don't play too many teams that have the overall team speed and athletes that Longview will put on the field.  The only exception to that is NLR and Trinity Christian (played last year)...and those games were close. They beat PA in the scrimmage but they are more like a HP than a GNPS or Desoto.  If our speed/athleticism is a major difference in this game, I hope it doesn't down play the type of team we are playing.

Their offense is very dynamic.  Watching some of their blocking schemes out of the pistol and one back sets is pretty awesome.  I said before it reminds me a lot of Carthage because they will line up 10 different ways to keep the defense off balance.  What honestly impresses me the most, if you go back and watch games from years past, is their ability to adjust to the blitz.  I am not sure if their QB this year has the experience to recognize and change the plays that quickly but if he does, we are going to have to tackle well.

This game is exactly what we need.  Definitely can't afford to fall behind early.

I think your comparison between Bryant and Carthage is pretty close. Personnel wise they look pretty close from watching games on YouTube and looking at their roster on MaxPreps (if it’s even close on MaxPreps). Bryant looks pretty multiple on both sides of the ball. I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch to compare the best 4a program in Texas to the best 7a program in Arkansas. They both have won multiple state titles in the last few years and both are on long won streaks. Bryant might be a little better with that much bigger of an enrollment. Bryant looks a little smaller up front this year than in years past, but that might just be the difference in the videos I have seen. Sometimes it’s hard to tell on a video without being able to compare them to a team that you know. With that said after seeing both on film I think athlete for athlete Longview will have a noticeable advantage, and I think Bryant will struggle with Longview’s speed. But, Bryant knows how to win and from watching games from this year and past years they don’t make many mistakes. Longview should win, but I wouldn’t go out there making a bunch of mistakes. Lobos need a somewhat clean performance. I think they can overcome a couple mistakes, but just nothing crazy. Give me Longview by a few of TD’s as long as it’s the same team that showed up to play at Legacy. 

(By the way before anybody starts losing their mind I’m not trying to get any of the nonsense Carthage vs Longview stuff started. Just commenting and agreeing with an opinion.)

Longview has a good stream on YouTube. Enjoyed watching the Longview at Legacy on Longview Gameday. So thanks to the people putting that online. I assume this one will be on YouTube as well? I’ll be watching if it is. Good luck Lobos. GATA. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Enjoyed watching the Longview at Legacy on Longview Gameday. So thanks to the people putting that online. I assume this one will be on YouTube as well? I’ll be watching if it is. Good luck Lobos.

Yes, All home games will for sure be broadcasted. I would imagine they'll be trying to broadcast all away as well. Until the playoffs when the schools don't own the broadcast rights at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yes, All home games will for sure be broadcasted. I would imagine they'll be trying to broadcast all away as well. Until the playoffs when the schools don't own the broadcast rights at least.

They're broadcasting away games as well, correct.

HP also has their own broadcast so when we play them, there should be plenty of ways to stream.

LongviewGameday is a damn good product. High quality stuff.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, JETT said:

I'm going to take yalls word for it and purchase tickets at the gate, however, if I'm denied yall owe me gas and dinner after game, I'll be in the parking lot waiting lol

If you can't get a ticket in general admission, there will be home side tickets available. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:38 PM, BulldogBacker12 said:

I think your comparison between Bryant and Carthage is pretty close. Personnel wise they look pretty close from watching games on YouTube and looking at their roster on MaxPreps (if it’s even close on MaxPreps). Bryant looks pretty multiple on both sides of the ball. I don’t think it’s that much of a stretch to compare the best 4a program in Texas to the best 7a program in Arkansas. They both have won multiple state titles in the last few years and both are on long won streaks. Bryant might be a little better with that much bigger of an enrollment. Bryant looks a little smaller up front this year than in years past, but that might just be the difference in the videos I have seen. Sometimes it’s hard to tell on a video without being able to compare them to a team that you know. With that said after seeing both on film I think athlete for athlete Longview will have a noticeable advantage, and I think Bryant will struggle with Longview’s speed. But, Bryant knows how to win and from watching games from this year and past years they don’t make many mistakes. Longview should win, but I wouldn’t go out there making a bunch of mistakes. Lobos need a somewhat clean performance. I think they can overcome a couple mistakes, but just nothing crazy. Give me Longview by a few of TD’s as long as it’s the same team that showed up to play at Legacy. 

(By the way before anybody starts losing their mind I’m not trying to get any of the nonsense Carthage vs Longview stuff started. Just commenting and agreeing with an opinion.)

Longview has a good stream on YouTube. Enjoyed watching the Longview at Legacy on Longview Gameday. So thanks to the people putting that online. I assume this one will be on YouTube as well? I’ll be watching if it is. Good luck Lobos. GATA. 

So you saying Carthage would beat Longview and Byrant combined...🤔😃😂😁😄

• LOL! 2

On 9/16/2021 at 12:24 AM, ANTI said:

They're broadcasting away games as well, correct.

HP also has their own broadcast so when we play them, there should be plenty of ways to stream.

LongviewGameday is a damn good product. High quality stuff.

Gameday really is a great product and do a lot for promoting high school athletes glad to see theyre in longview now.if its the guys i think it is doing the broadcast then they are pretty good. used to be teachers at pleasant grove and did their games for years until the local fox radio got rid of them. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic