Winnsboro @ Mineola 9/24

chevyman

35 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’m hearing some concerns that there are not enough seats on the home side.  Actually less than old stadium.  Are they relocating the band to an end zone?  Or adding more seats from old stadium later?

New home side has 2000. Old home side had 1800. 364 seat back chairs I believe. New visitor side is 1000. Old visitor side had 1300 since it used to be the home side before switching. New stadium both sided are built for expansion. Band possibly will get their own set of small stands in the future. Still working on some other big projects at school district as well. Exciting times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

All ya got to do is stop #22......or are you sure about dat??? LET'S GO JACKETS!!!!!!!

Sounds really good in theory right? He is far too talented to completely shut down but the key for the Raiders will be to not let him break off those 60-70 yard td runs. That creates big momentum and gets the crowd into the game even more. With Moreland playing, it creates a second dynamic of allowing Pendergrass to slide out to receiver. Redding has shown to be a tough runner especially for a freshman. Im certain the Jackets will open up the playbook even more as well to the extent they're able. Should be a good one.

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

Sounds really good in theory right? He is far too talented to completely shut down but the key for the Raiders will be to not let him break off those 60-70 yard td runs. That creates big momentum and gets the crowd into the game even more. With Moreland playing, it creates a second dynamic of allowing Pendergrass to slide out to receiver. Redding has shown to be a tough runner especially for a freshman. Im certain the Jackets will open up the playbook even more as well to the extent they're able. Should be a good one.

The Jackets do have some young players that I think can step up and make opposing defenses pay if they key in on #22.....ball security has been the issue in both loses so far...but that's all in the past...Friday starts a new challenge to see who can come out on top of D5....LET'S GO JACKETS!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Great half of football by both teams. 22 is a stud

Best half of football Winny has played all year...just a glimpse of how good they are going to be for the next three years!! Kyler is just beginning to learn the qb position. He is going to be special...and a lot of fun to watch!!

On 9/23/2021 at 7:23 AM, chevyman said:

Well pretty much summed it up

After getting a short nights sleep, i am still a little bummed this morning but woke up proud of our team. They never quit last night and played extremely hard. That one game doesnt define the rest of the season. Build on that momentum and use it moving forward. 

• Like 1

As for the game itself, it was such a good game. The raiders came out overwhelmingly in the spread and kyler finney used his legs and arm very effectively. It was fun to watch and really showed our capabilities. Theres not enough to be said about 22 for minny. He is a very special player and absolutely put the team on his back. That kid will have every major college lined up wanting him by this time next year. The first half was great and we took a 7 point lead into the break. I thought the second half adjustments by Blackwell were key when they started bumping 22 out to receiver. It didnt take long for him to hurt us on a 70+ yard td reception. We hung in there and made some big plays defensively and took the lead before giving up a prayer throw for a td late in the game. Minny made the absolute right decision by going for 2. That was a 100/100 decision when you have 22. We made an incredible play on 4th and 17 to complete a long pass but kudos to Minny defender by stripping the ball and that was it. Wonderful game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chevyman said:

As for the game itself, it was such a good game. The raiders came out overwhelmingly in the spread and kyler finney used his legs and arm very effectively. It was fun to watch and really showed our capabilities. Theres not enough to be said about 22 for minny. He is a very special player and absolutely put the team on his back. That kid will have every major college lined up wanting him by this time next year. The first half was great and we took a 7 point lead into the break. I thought the second half adjustments by Blackwell were key when they started bumping 22 out to receiver. It didnt take long for him to hurt us on a 70+ yard td reception. We hung in there and made some big plays defensively and took the lead before giving up a prayer throw for a td late in the game. Minny made the absolute right decision by going for 2. That was a 100/100 decision when you have 22. We made an incredible play on 4th and 17 to complete a long pass but kudos to Minny defender by stripping the ball and that was it. Wonderful game.

Everyone in the stands on Mineola's side was saying kick the XP...but I knew when coach Blackwell called time that he was going for it....reminded me of the game against Melissa in 2010 when it was tied 28-28 at the end of regulation. Melissa had the ball first and scored to make it 35-28. Mineola made a TD on a throw and the receiver was face-masked going into the endzone so they placed the ball at the 1 for the XP. Drennon called time and they went for it and won 36-35...Blackwell was the  DC back then if I remember right...