Gilmer 3-0 @ Lindale 1-2

SHillBuckeye

I’m gonna say Lindale in a battle. Lindale still has a very good team this year. A few things to work on but overall they are looking good. They are 1-2 right now but could very easily be 3-0. That being said it’s Gilmer and if Lindale wants to win they need a perfect game from everyone. Should be a fun one

46 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Yes he did. They have a lot this year. Not just one. They’ll have to control the rush to contain Tennison and slow down the screen game. 

Tennison isn’t the one u gotta worry about, we have so many players that can take it to the house at any given time I just don’t see y’all keeping up.

I remember what happened last year.  We were down 35-14 at the half.  We were getting donkey stomped.  We couldn't stop Lindale for nothing.  We played like we were capable of playing in the second half and pulled it out, albeit with a couple of breaks.  I don't want to see that happen again.  If our players don't come out and take it to Lindale early this will be a close game for sure.  I do think we are the better team.  Whether that will translate onto the field is yet to be seen.  You don't win games on a forum.

The Buckeyes will need a focused and crisp week of practice, and execute better than they have in the first three games.  I have yet to see this team play a totally focused and crisp game this season.  The schedule over the next couple of weeks will tell a lot about whether this team will be able to compete for a title, in my opinion.  You definitely can't overlook the teams that are capable of beating you, and Lindale is one of those teams I believe.

I think the Buckeyes will do whatever it takes and win this one.  Whether it's close or not depends on them more so, in my opinion, than Lindale or what they do.  I think the Buckeyes are just more talented, and if they are focused they win.  If not, Lindale "could" get the upset.

I really think this is closer than people expect. Lindale is a handful of plays from being 3-0. Although, they did not make those plays and now they are 1-2. I think there has been major improvement each week and I expect to see them take another step forward this week.

Regardless of the outcome, I feel confident that if the Eagles continue to make strides then they will have a decent shot at winning their district.

Gilmer is loaded with athletes. Their defensive line is big and plays hard. They have the ability to score at any moment from any part of the field. Lindale will have to play sound defensively to keep these guys out of the endzone.

I am not giving an official prediction on this one. Just want to see improvement and a close game from the Eagles.

After watching Lindale game vs Van. Eagles sure like to favor receivers in the flats. QB has the arm to go deep with several nice receivers to target and TE that gets a lot of touches. RB positions are decent just seem to lack the explosiveness. Defense really had a hard time with Van's QB scrambling abilities. With that being said BT could very well have a real nice night if turned loose. I think this will be a good game with the Bux coming out with a W. Friday can't get here fast enough.