Jump to content

***Week 4: Winona Wildcats (1-2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) - 9/17/2021***


Who wins?  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Winona
      4
    • Alto
      17

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/18/2021 at 12:30 AM

Recommended Posts

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Winona Wildcats this Friday at 7:30 in the first home game of the season. (I’m claiming it right now! Lol) The Jackets have not played since Week 1 vs. Troup and are anxious to get back under the Friday night lights. Winona has three games under their belts with a win over Lone Oak and losses to Frankston and Elysian Fields.

It’s homecoming in Alto with festivities beginning at 7:00 p.m. Fingers crossed that we are 100% and everything goes as scheduled.

UPDATE: District 11-2A play is now October 1st for all schools; bye week has been moved to November 5th per District 11-2A coaches meeting on Monday, 9/13/2021.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No sir, not yet but hopefully someday in the future. Some may forget because I know life goes on, but our students are still in portable buildings from the tornadoes of 2019. Rainy days and storms are

Unfortunately I won't get to make this game... hopefully the alto faithful will keep me posted, thanks in advance 

If we don't play better then we have been it'll be ugly quick... nothing is working at the moment, the whole puzzle needs to be reassembled.... hope for a injury free game, I always enjoy playing at M

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Winona Wildcats this Friday at 7:30 in the first home game of the season. (I’m claiming it right now! Lol) The Jackets have not played since Week 1 vs. Troup and are anxious to get back under the Friday night lights. Winona has three games under their belts with a win over Lone Oak and losses to Frankston and Elysian Fields.

It’s homecoming in Alto with festivities beginning at 7:00 p.m. Fingers crossed that we are 100% and everything goes as scheduled.

Also of note: To get one of our games back, Alto will now play at Garrison on our bye week (October 1). Glad the coaches set that up!

Luck to my brothers to the south..yall gon be rusty tho,jeez..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we don't play better then we have been it'll be ugly quick... nothing is working at the moment, the whole puzzle needs to be reassembled.... hope for a injury free game, I always enjoy playing at Mr. Cam'ron Matthew's field... good luck both squads 

  • Like 2
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think it was @SwarmingOnEm that said at this rate we might as well do two a days again. 😩

Man. Yeah I can envision some rust and some conditioning issues for a few guys. Hope to get back to where we were soon. But there’s no way that 2 weeks without games and or practice won’t affect us in some form or fashion. Just can’t see it. Would LOVE to be proven wrong here though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, wingtveer said:

Jetts cats regroup and get going !!

That'd be nice, we usually play them a tough game 

  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

We are definitely hoping and NEEDING the best out of you guys as well. 

I hope we get it together and bring our A game, alto will bring it no doubt 

  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JETT said:

I hope we get it together and bring our A game, alto will bring it no doubt 

I’m more eager to see what changes are made after the Troup game. I know there’s some coming. I just wanna see if what I think I saw (which means Jack since I’m just a fan btw) was also viewed the same by the coaching staff after the film was looked at and the game was played. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

Hi Jett, has anything changed from the first game? Y’all put up 28 points that week. 

We scrimmaged Mineola and looked good, had good couple quarters against LO to squeak out a dub, after that we've been shut out against Frankston and EF... Thursday game against EF was ugly all the way around, I saw nothing to get hyped on

  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JETT said:

We scrimmaged Mineola and looked good, had good couple quarters against LO to squeak out a dub, after that we've been shut out against Frankston and EF... Thursday game against EF was ugly all the way around, I saw nothing to get hyped on

Well then there’s promise if y’all started out making some things happen. Glad it’s not kids out with injuries. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I’m more eager to see what changes are made after the Troup game. I know there’s some coming. I just wanna see if what I think I saw (which means Jack since I’m just a fan btw) was also viewed the same by the coaching staff after the film was looked at and the game was played. 

I think what you thought you saw was viewed by EVERYBODY! Lol You learn a lot in a game and it will be fun to see how we progress over the course of the next few games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think what you thought you saw was viewed by EVERYBODY! Lol You learn a lot in a game and it will be fun to see how we progress over the course of the next few games. 

Lol. I believe there’s a formula already there to make us more successful. We just have to plug some numbers into the right places to make that formula work. That’s on both sides of the ball AND SPECIAL TEAMS. Again though, I’m just a fan with my own opinions (everybody has one). Lol. I got opinions about my NFL team as well 😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Lol. I believe there’s a formula already there to make us more successful. We just have to plug some numbers into the right places to make that formula work. That’s on both sides of the ball AND SPECIAL TEAMS. Again though, I’m just a fan with my own opinions (everybody has one). Lol. I got opinions about my NFL team as well 😂😂😂

I do feel like our district is wide open at this point. Of course we’ll know so much more over the next few weeks. I think Normangee and Centerville are the teams to beat but I’m also surprised by how badly Normangee lost last night. Everyone in the district has a loss. I’m just anxious for us to get back out there and compete and really see what we have. I believe in us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Well then there’s promise if y’all started out making some things happen. Glad it’s not kids out with injuries. 

At the moment we don't have the injury bug, lack of depth but that's normal for small ball

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...