***Week 4: Winona Wildcats (1-2) @ Alto Yellowjackets (0-1) - 9/17/2021***

StingEmALTO

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Winona
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2021 at 12:30 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Winona Wildcats this Friday at 7:30 in the first home game of the season. (I’m claiming it right now! Lol) The Jackets have not played since Week 1 vs. Troup and are anxious to get back under the Friday night lights. Winona has three games under their belts with a win over Lone Oak and losses to Frankston and Elysian Fields.

It’s homecoming in Alto with festivities beginning at 7:00 p.m. Fingers crossed that we are 100% and everything goes as scheduled.

UPDATE: District 11-2A play is now October 1st for all schools; bye week has been moved to November 5th per District 11-2A coaches meeting on Monday, 9/13/2021.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

The Alto Yellowjackets will host the Winona Wildcats this Friday at 7:30 in the first home game of the season. (I’m claiming it right now! Lol) The Jackets have not played since Week 1 vs. Troup and are anxious to get back under the Friday night lights. Winona has three games under their belts with a win over Lone Oak and losses to Frankston and Elysian Fields.

It’s homecoming in Alto with festivities beginning at 7:00 p.m. Fingers crossed that we are 100% and everything goes as scheduled.

Also of note: To get one of our games back, Alto will now play at Garrison on our bye week (October 1). Glad the coaches set that up!

Luck to my brothers to the south..yall gon be rusty tho,jeez..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we don't play better then we have been it'll be ugly quick... nothing is working at the moment, the whole puzzle needs to be reassembled.... hope for a injury free game, I always enjoy playing at Mr. Cam'ron Matthew's field... good luck both squads 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think it was @SwarmingOnEm that said at this rate we might as well do two a days again. 😩

Man. Yeah I can envision some rust and some conditioning issues for a few guys. Hope to get back to where we were soon. But there’s no way that 2 weeks without games and or practice won’t affect us in some form or fashion. Just can’t see it. Would LOVE to be proven wrong here though. 

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

I hope we get it together and bring our A game, alto will bring it no doubt 

I’m more eager to see what changes are made after the Troup game. I know there’s some coming. I just wanna see if what I think I saw (which means Jack since I’m just a fan btw) was also viewed the same by the coaching staff after the film was looked at and the game was played. 

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

Hi Jett, has anything changed from the first game? Y’all put up 28 points that week. 

We scrimmaged Mineola and looked good, had good couple quarters against LO to squeak out a dub, after that we've been shut out against Frankston and EF... Thursday game against EF was ugly all the way around, I saw nothing to get hyped on

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

We scrimmaged Mineola and looked good, had good couple quarters against LO to squeak out a dub, after that we've been shut out against Frankston and EF... Thursday game against EF was ugly all the way around, I saw nothing to get hyped on

Well then there’s promise if y’all started out making some things happen. Glad it’s not kids out with injuries. 

7 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I’m more eager to see what changes are made after the Troup game. I know there’s some coming. I just wanna see if what I think I saw (which means Jack since I’m just a fan btw) was also viewed the same by the coaching staff after the film was looked at and the game was played. 

I think what you thought you saw was viewed by EVERYBODY! Lol You learn a lot in a game and it will be fun to see how we progress over the course of the next few games. 

5 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think what you thought you saw was viewed by EVERYBODY! Lol You learn a lot in a game and it will be fun to see how we progress over the course of the next few games. 

Lol. I believe there’s a formula already there to make us more successful. We just have to plug some numbers into the right places to make that formula work. That’s on both sides of the ball AND SPECIAL TEAMS. Again though, I’m just a fan with my own opinions (everybody has one). Lol. I got opinions about my NFL team as well 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Lol. I believe there’s a formula already there to make us more successful. We just have to plug some numbers into the right places to make that formula work. That’s on both sides of the ball AND SPECIAL TEAMS. Again though, I’m just a fan with my own opinions (everybody has one). Lol. I got opinions about my NFL team as well 😂😂😂

I do feel like our district is wide open at this point. Of course we’ll know so much more over the next few weeks. I think Normangee and Centerville are the teams to beat but I’m also surprised by how badly Normangee lost last night. Everyone in the district has a loss. I’m just anxious for us to get back out there and compete and really see what we have. I believe in us.