22. Marion - W 35-6 over Comfort 
23. Llano - W 37-7 over Austin Crockett 
24. East Chambers - L 26-14 to Hamshire-Fannett 
T25. Woodville - W 19-13 over Corrigan-Camden 
T25. Shallowater - W 49-7 over Levelland 
T25. Early - W 58-14 over Comanche 

Others: Breckenridge, Bushland, Rockdale, Whitesboro, Winnsboro 

22 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Bumped pretty hard for a team coming off Covid break. We had 500 yards of offense to their 180 just weird circumstances kept us from scoring EVERY TIME.  Guess we will have to play our way back into the discussion. 

We got bumped pretty good after losing to the #2 team in state in 4A DII. That surprised me more than dropping after beating Center (another  4A) by only 1. That being said, not being in top 10 now is better than not being there at end of year. 

5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

We got bumped pretty good after losing to the #2 team in state in 4A DII. That surprised me more than dropping after beating Center (another  4A) by only 1. That being said, not being in top 10 now is better than not being there at end of year. 

We’ve got some work to do no doubt but I expect we will get it together. Some talent to work with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:
1. Jim Ned - W 48-20 over Eastland 
2. Brock - OFF 
3. Grandview - W 37-14 over Godley 
4. Tatum - W 46-21 over Pittsburg 
5. Lorena - W 54-0 over Gatesville 
6. Hallettsville - W 45-7 over Ganado 
7. Malakoff - L 35-9 to Parish Episcopal 
8. Yoakum - L 28-12 to Cuero 
9. Industrial - W 49-8 over Van Vleck 
10. Mt. Vernon - W 42-16 over Pewitt 
11. West - W 47-30 over Orange Grove 
12. Gladewater - W 15-14 over Center 
13. Columbus - W 49-14 over Altair Rice 
14. Lago Vista - OFF
15. Edna - L 55-38 to Refugio 
16. Pilot Point - L 29-28 to DeKalb 
17. Wall - NO GAME
18. Cameron Yoe - L 41-21 to Franklin 
19. Poteet - L 28-20 to Lake Belton 
20. Little River Academy - W 41-20 over Groesbeck
21. Mineola - L 24-17 to West Rusk  
22. Marion - W 35-6 over Comfort 
23. Llano - W 37-7 over Austin Crockett 
24. East Chambers - L 26-14 to Hamshire-Fannett 
T25. Woodville - W 19-13 over Corrigan-Camden 
T25. Shallowater - W 49-7 over Levelland 
T25. Early - W 58-14 over Comanche 

Others: Breckenridge, Bushland, Rockdale, Whitesboro, Winnsboro 

09 give me something solid so I can be optimistic about the Yoemen against Lake Belton. 
I was really thinking that the Yoemen could be turning the corner after the Bellville game. 
This week was a set back offensively and once again in the secondary on the defensive side. 

33 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

09 give me something solid so I can be optimistic about the Yoemen against Lake Belton. 
I was really thinking that the Yoemen could be turning the corner after the Bellville game. 
This week was a set back offensively and once again in the secondary on the defensive side. 

Right now, Cameron looks like a top 15-20 type of team.  You certainly left the Franklin game feeling disappointed after what have occurred the week before.   Defensively, you just can't continue to give up the explosives.  The offense is clearly still a work in progress, but I feel it's the defense that's going to be the reason you start winning bigger games.  They are the more experienced and seasoned group.  Obviously getting into district is probably going to help as the competition level is going to go down a few notches.  Lake Belton SHOULD be a more winnable game.  From what I've heard, there is some legit talent on that roster and they are 3-0 right now for a reason.  It might come down to how healthy the Yoemen are this week.  

As far as the state rankings go, I do feel pretty good on my top 13 teams right now.  After that, 14-25 could be interchangeable and we could see a lot of movement there as the season progresses.  Right now, I do feel the division may be down as a whole.  

12 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Glad you got something to look forwards to this season. Nothing else looks very good right now. 

I like how we are being written off. I honestly believe Tatum has the upper hand in district but don’t think we can’t improve and make things interesting. This is not a bad football team. 

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

I like how we are being written off. I honestly believe Tatum has the upper hand in district but don’t think we can’t improve and make things interesting. This is not a bad football team. 

I don’t think anyone is writing you guys off yet. Not in our district at least. 

1 minute ago, Bclove05 said:

I don’t think anyone is writing you guys off yet. Not in our district at least. 

This may be a late bloomer of a team. It may literally take all of district to get the offense right. Unfortunately for Sabine we play y’all last in district so if we are going to get it together it will be by then. 

Just now, GWBears01 said:

This may be a late bloomer of a team. It may literally take all of district to get the offense right. Unfortunately for Sabine we play y’all last in district so if we are going to get it together it will be by then. 

I ain’t worried about y’all or Tatum. We need to have a playoff spot locked up before then or we will be on the outside looking in. 

15 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Don’t think Tatum can’t improve either. Theee games in and haven’t played a good game yet, IMO.