Newton vs WOS

Purpleforever

Who wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

4 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

Gatson is going USC also.

No kidding. That’s terrific. Maybe Barlow transferring there helped him make a decision. It helps a young person to have a familiar face, when they make such a drastic transition. It makes the whole thing a head scratcher though. If Barlow transferred because he was behind a high caliber back, why would he go to a school that is even more stacked. It’s been said, Coach Johnston (God rest his soul) touted Gatson as being the best player that ever came out of Newton. That was when he was just a junior high kid. 

11 hours ago, ConservativeCitizen said:

Outstanding. 3 young man from East Texas at USC. Not a USC fan, but that is a high profile program, nonetheless. 

Marshall, Carthage and Newton, I saw the guys from Marshall and Carthage play alot, if I miss it, did the guy from Newton play, Barlow?

8 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Marshall, Carthage and Newton, I saw the guys from Marshall and Carthage play alot, if I miss it, did the guy from Newton play, Barlow?

It definitely appears USC is taking a running back by committee approach. And yes Barlow did get PT in the most recent game against Stanford, scoring a TD along with Ingram. Washington from Marshall scored in the first game against San Jose State.

97059019-0B68-433E-BA38-DDB7EF0F3E6F.jpeg

E2ADA7BB-2964-4EF5-9291-D1ECAC065965.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

It definitely appears USC is taking a running back by committee approach. And yes Barlow did get PT in the most recent game against Stanford, scoring a TD along with Ingram. Washington from Marshall scored in the first game against San Jose State.

And now they have a "new" head coach....

4 hours ago, JBizzle said:

And now they have a "new" head coach....

you are correct. which makes me wonder if Gatson gonna stick with going there or go elsewhere.

ncaa would warrant him going to another school because of coaching change.

the young man only has like 21 more schools that offered to him. I feel bad for him 😉😂

On 9/15/2021 at 1:27 PM, JasperDawg said:

you are correct. which makes me wonder if Gatson gonna stick with going there or go elsewhere.

ncaa would warrant him going to another school because of coaching change.

the young man only has like 21 more schools that offered to him. I feel bad for him 😉😂

Harrell is really the connection to USC for Newton……

On 9/13/2021 at 7:51 PM, JasperDawg said:

I hate it but he may not get alot of time at USC either. Keontay Ingram who was Carthage star running back a few years ago has been at University of Texas but he also transferred to USC this season.

Getting crowded ain't it. Boy, I remember that kid.

On 9/15/2021 at 5:37 AM, mikehoncho said:

Wow, small sample, but 7.3 yds per carry, not bad. Best avg. of the bunch.