Arkansas High @ Mount Pleasant (Homecoming)

budmanmpfan

Arkansas High @ Mount Pleasant (Homecoming)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Mount Pleasant in a blowout
    • Mount Pleasant in a close game
    • Arkansas High in a blowout
    • Arkansas High in a close game

Its Homecoming for Mt. Pleasant as the Hogs of Arkansas High come to town. 

The Tigers were off last week and able to get some much needed rest for their players after a heartbreaking defeat to the Bearcats of Sherman. They should be getting All-District DT Trey Emory back. If he comes back this week, he will be back with a vengeance. 

Arkansas High will be coming into the game after canceling 2 weeks ago on Texas High. The cancelation of the game according to HC Barry Norton was a mutual decision. The week before they got blasted by Paris in Paris. Last week they defeated Dollarway 35-0. 

This game has the feel of a competitive game for the most part. But I think the speed of the Tigers will rear its ugly head about midway thru the 2nd quarter. They will be running the ball down the Hogs throat will Tyson Minter and company. Minter has over 350 yards rushing thru 2 games thus far. He leads the Tigers in the rushing category. Passing the ball has been the big issue for the Tigers. The biggest and mosg frustrating issue may be all the turnovers they have thru 2 games. I think they are at 11 thru 2.

So whos gonna take this one? Can the Tigers run it all over the Hogs or will the Hogs cage the Tigers?

4 hours ago, budmanmpfan said:

Its Homecoming for Mt. Pleasant as the Hogs of Arkansas High come to town. 

The Tigers were off last week and able to get some much needed rest for their players after a heartbreaking defeat to the Bearcats of Sherman. They should be getting All-District DT Trey Emory back. If he comes back this week, he will be back with a vengeance. 

Arkansas High will be coming into the game after canceling 2 weeks ago on Texas High. The cancelation of the game according to HC Barry Norton was a mutual decision. The week before they got blasted by Paris in Paris. Last week they defeated Dollarway 35-0. 

This game has the feel of a competitive game for the most part. But I think the speed of the Tigers will rear its ugly head about midway thru the 2nd quarter. They will be running the ball down the Hogs throat will Tyson Minter and company. Minter has over 350 yards rushing thru 2 games thus far. He leads the Tigers in the rushing category. Passing the ball has been the big issue for the Tigers. The biggest and mosg frustrating issue may be all the turnovers they have thru 2 games. I think they are at 11 thru 2.

So whos gonna take this one? Can the Tigers run it all over the Hogs or will the Hogs cage the Tigers?

Is the Minter kid any kin to Barry Minter, that played for the Chicago Bears?

14 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yes Carthage ain’t afraid of playing a 5a . Marshall , Nac , whitehouse are a few that they recently played  . The dawgs will go two weeks without an opponent.

I dont think they looked into it very much. I knew Carthage hasnt played in 2 weeks and this will make 3.