Governor vetoes bill ending school mask mandate, lawmakers instantly override him and pass it

RETIREDFAN1

4 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Crown just posted an old video about a town passing a ordinance that was overwhelmingly not supported. They can not work with the people also. Why make a rule for the majority when you can let the people decide. Then absolutely no one is put out. Why must someone come out on the losing end. I don’t understand people who want mandates. Enough of the **** already. Let the people live how they choose. 

And yet, every state has mandated seat belt laws now. Do they save lives, yes. Should someone over 18 be forced to where one, NO. 

I've got my share of seatbelt tickets--and have yet to pay a single fine on them--they will lock me up before I take their rear ends to court. I have already got my case ready to go, 20 years of planning. LOL. 

But did you listen to the news story--"Hardly anyone attends these meetings outside of the town council"-That is the problem, people in their local communities NEED to be involved or things like this happen. That's why I try to be involved. But that's me, I want my local community and schools to succeed. 

26 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That's just dumb and irresponsible and not a good example for anyone who has children. Seat belts save lives, and those who don't wear them and suffer injuries and don't have insurance cost us all, when their emergency care has to be provided. 

Exactly. This whole thing is a contradiction to me. One woman who was very anti vaccination, was on her death bed for COVID and literally said, my dogs need a good home and are FULLY VACCINATED. She used it as a selling point and don't get me going on all these gofundme's for anti-vacers dying from Covid. 

3 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

And yet, every state has mandated seat belt laws now. Do they save lives, yes. Should someone over 18 be forced to where one, NO. 

I've got my share of seatbelt tickets--and have yet to pay a single fine on them--they will lock me up before I take their rear ends to court. I have already got my case ready to go, 20 years of planning. LOL. 

But did you listen to the news story--"Hardly anyone attends these meetings outside of the town council"-That is the problem, people in their local communities NEED to be involved or things like this happen. That's why I try to be involved. But that's me, I want my local community and schools to succeed. 

So because that’s the problem it’s ok for council to mandate it? Lol

to the broader point, if the gov says something, you are all in. I wholly disagree with that and we can just leave it at that.

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

That's just dumb and irresponsible and not a good example for anyone who has children. Seat belts save lives, and those who don't wear them and suffer injuries and don't have insurance cost us all, when their emergency care has to be provided. 

But that’s not the point. The point is should the gov mandate it through penalty of imprisonment? No, they shouldn’t. People should wear there seat belt because it’s good for them in case of a wreck. Not because you could end up in jail. Complete over step of government. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

So because that’s the problem it’s ok for council to mandate it? Lol

to the broader point, if the gov says something, you are all in. I wholly disagree with that and we can just leave it at that.

Dude, you sure don't read my posts very often then, unless it is about you mistaken ability to figure out that people have all the choice in where to send their kids to school, or pay property taxes to their city or counties. 

But in the meantime, I am not on here crying about "my body, my right" and then telling women they don't have that same right. 

I believe in some laws, I think that is natural. But I hate high taxes--we fought a revolution over that once, and will probably do so again. Just because you don't my point of view on certain things, I'm a big government guy. Then that makes you nothing more than an Antifa member--totally anarchist. SMFH. 

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Dude, you sure don't read my posts very often then, unless it is about you mistaken ability to figure out that people have all the choice in where to send their kids to school, or pay property taxes to their city or counties. 

But in the meantime, I am not on here crying about "my body, my right" and then telling women they don't have that same right. 

I believe in some laws, I think that is natural. But I hate high taxes--we fought a revolution over that once, and will probably do so again. Just because you don't my point of view on certain things, I'm a big government guy. Then that makes you nothing more than an Antifa member--totally anarchist. SMFH. 

Antifa isn’t anarchy. You want people to make choices for the individual, that’s a big government guy to me. Sorry you don’t like that. Tough ****

8 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

No it’s freedom! 
you all for outlawing blue bell, and mandating that everyone eat their veggies? Cuz last i checked diabetes and cardiac disease kill and cost more than auto accidents. 

8 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Exactly. This whole thing is a contradiction to me. One woman who was very anti vaccination, was on her death bed for COVID and literally said, my dogs need a good home and are FULLY VACCINATED. She used it as a selling point and don't get me going on all these gofundme's for anti-vacers dying from Covid. 

And that’s her right! Correct?

20 hours ago, trashyhound said:

No it’s freedom! 
you all for outlawing blue bell, and mandating that everyone eat their veggies? Cuz last i checked diabetes and cardiac disease kill and cost more than auto accidents. 

Someone not wearing there seatbelt does not hurt just them, others can get hurt also. Imagine going 60mph on a frwy and having to slam your breaks and swerve. What happens if as soon as you slam your breaks you go through the windshield and now there is zero control for the car. I can understand why it became a law. It's like being upset about DWI's infringing on your freedoms. JMO. 

• LOL! 1