Players in Daingerfield

BEARDEDGOAT

• BEARDEDGOAT changed the title to Players in Daingerfield
On 9/16/2021 at 9:33 AM, BEARDEDGOAT said:

There have been MANY greats in Daingerfield history. Who was the best?

The Tigers have had so many good ones that it makes it hard to say best. Best or most successful? 

Thomas Everett was great I'm High School, College and Pros. On a Super Bowls team. How bout them Cowboys 92&93. 

David Whitmore made it to the NFL.

Eric Everett played at Texas Tech and later the NFL

Steve Edmond, Chris Jones played at UT.

Shavion Hatten scholarship to A&M playing on OLine which isn't a recognized position in Dfield.

Some dual sport greats Football and Track would be David Mims,, Danny Mitchell, Steve Stutsman, Ashley Lewis. Jerome Lee, Duke Favors, (Craver in 2020)were good RBs. Corey Richardson and Darren Lafayette were prolly fastest Tigers ever. 

100 yard dash

Darren Lafayette 10.4

Corey Richardson 10.2

I guess overall I'd say 

Thomas Everett.  

I think it'd be easier to say the best Tiger at football position

Track event,  baseball and basketball players. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrookedWolfe said:

The Tigers have had so many good ones that it makes it hard to say best. Best or most successful? 

Thomas Everett was great I'm High School, College and Pros. On a Super Bowls team. How bout them Cowboys 92&93. 

Shavion Hatten played for A&M.. 

Some dual sport greats Football and Track would be David Mims,, Danny Mitchell, Steve Stutsman, Ashley Lewis. Jerome Lee, Duke Favors, (Craver in 2020)were good RBs. Corey Richardson and Darren Lafayette were prolly fastest Tigers ever. 

100 yard dash

Darren Lafayette 10.4

Corey Richardson 10.2

I guess overall I'd say 

Thomas Everett.  

So if you had to make a line up out of everybody that played for Daingerfield no matter what year how would your line up look 👀👀

17 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Alrighty ima do one myself 

It's hard 09 because we talking different era in football and I'll end up leaving some great ones off that aren't your household names.. lol 😆

I'll name good players in different Era and why I say this. Quick examples 

LB David King, Anthony Fisher, Vic Edmond, Steve Edmond 

WR Steve Stutsman,  Herman West

RB Montoya Brown,  Jimmy Morrow 

CB Orlando Hampton,  K.D. Jeffery,  Ced Mitchell,  Mailbox-- I forgot his name lol

Just now, KrookedWolfe said:

It's hard 09 because we talking different era in football and I'll end up leaving some great ones off that aren't your household names.. lol 😆

I'll name good players in different Era and why I say this. Quick examples 

LB David King, Anthony Fisher, Vic Edmond, Steve Edmond 

WR Steve Stutsman,  Herman West

RB Montoya Brown,  Jimmy Morrow 

CB Orlando Hampton,  K.D. Jeffery,  Ced Mitchell,  Mailbox-- I forgot his name lol

Corey Nixon

1 minute ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Qb Tyler Boyd

Rb1 Johnnie B  Rb2 Koko Smith 

Wr1 K.Garrett Wr2 Chris Jones Wr3 Edwin M.

LT Shawn Mitchel

LG Zavian Gilstrap

C Jacob Hall

RG Payton Hall

RT Zarkevian Williams

K/P Charlie Macias

09 it's so hard to do this because in the History of Daingerfield we've had some freaks of nature, with stellar talent at the positions that you'll not likely to see. I can't help but leave some great players off that many haven't heard of. 

39 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

09 it's so hard to do this because in the History of Daingerfield we've had some freaks of nature, with stellar talent at the positions that you'll not likely to see. I can't help but leave some great players off that many haven't heard of. 

Yes that’s true

1 hour ago, KrookedWolfe said:

100 yard dash

Darren Lafayette 10.4 fully automatic 

Corey Richardson 10.2

I guess overall I'd say 

Thomas Everett.  

52 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Qb Tyler Boyd

LT Shawn Mitchel

LG Zavian Gilstrap

C Jacob Hall

RG Payton Hall

RT Zarkevian Williams

K/P Charlie Macias

We can't forget Denzel Mims at WR and he ran a 21.5 at State in 200 as a Jr in high school. Senior year he didn't compete, but I was expecting a 20.0.... 

1 hour ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Qb Tyler Boyd

LT Shawn Mitchel

LG Zavian Gilstrap

C Jacob Hall

RG Payton Hall

RT Zarkevian Williams

K/P Charlie Macias

09 when I think about Tiger RB position it's like what style of RB do ya like? Some people never heard of  Reggie Boyd(Tyler Boyd dad).. Montoya Brown. WR Steve Stutsman had 1,000 yrd season when Dfield ran the ball 90% of the time. You have Herman West (83 Tigers) that seemed to get open and make the catch regardless of who the Tigers played. Kennon Whestone was great I'm 2013 season.  I follow my Tigers so if I know the Era, the year they played, I can name some greats most never heard of. Still I'd leave out a few. David King ran 10.8 as a Fresh with that size at LB as a freshman I think. Anthony Fisher 215lbs ran 4.4 as a LB on that 1985 state champ team. Still 09 I'm leaving off players... Jamal Jones,  Steve Peters, Ced Williams, Waylon Phillips, Grant Gifford... Antonio Wells...  09 there are so many deserving Tigers in terms of a starting lineup.. So many that it's hard to say...

8 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

09 when I think about Tiger RB position it's like what style of RB do ya like. Some people never heard of Reggie Boyd(Tyler Boyd dad).. Montoya Brown. WR Steve Stutsman had 1,000 yrd season when Dfield ran the ball 90% of the time. You have Herman West (83 Tigers) that seemed to get open and make the catch regardless of who the Tigers played. Kennon Whestone was great I'm 2013 season.  I follow my Tigers so if I know the Era, the year they played, I can name some greats most never heard of. Still I'd leave out a few. David King ran 10.8 as a Fresh with that size at LB as a freshman I think. Anthony Fisher 215lbs ran 4.4 as a LB on that 1985 state champ team. Still 09 I'm leaving off players... Jamal Jones,  Steve Peters, Ced Williams, Waylon Phillips, Grant Gifford... Antonio Wells...  09 there are so many deserving Tigers in terms of a starting lineup.. So many that it's hard to say...

I don’t think they used K Whestone enough IMO he could have done so much more 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TigerBlue09 said:

I don’t think they used K Whestone enough IMO he could have done so much more 

Agreed.. In that freezing weather in MP in 2013 vs New Boston he touched the ball twice and got 2 TD's. We lost that game after beating them in district that season. Like Pewitt a couple of years ago. 

2 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

100 yard dash

Darren Lafayette 10.4 fully automatic 

Corey Richardson 10.2

I guess overall I'd say 

Thomas Everett.  

7 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Agreed.. In that freezing weather in MP in 2013 vs New Boston he touched the ball twice and got 2 TD's. We lost that game after beating them in district that season. Like Pewitt a couple of years ago. 

Yes on two kick off returns and almost took the 3 one to the house too. That game what hurt us was loosing Troy Stuart