Players in Daingerfield

BEARDEDGOAT

1 minute ago, KrookedWolfe said:

I agree!!! See that's another good one that most never heard of!! So many great Tigers. Need a big TIGER REUNION 🤣

His replacement wasn’t hitting nobody and they ran it his way all night he was out there baseball sliding scared to hit or getting drove by the wr 10 yards deep coach knew better for that

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Players in Daingerfield? Man, I thought this thread was about the guys on the hill. 

Yup, part of our club. Keeps the visitors that read Smoaky nice and depressed all night in the Blue Jungle. So when your team gets dogged, you'll have something to talk about. That and our terrible bathrooms 😆

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

I'd just take the '83 team. I think they played real well together.  🤣

83 Tigers played very well together and defense shut teams completely down, but here's why. The defense under Dennis Alexander and Jackie Mayfield had what's called Bloody Alley lol. The defense faced a QB  Doug Pitman At RBs they faced Tony Evans,  David Whitmore, Gene Rowe,  DC Mitchell and Johnny Hurdon. At WR you had Herman West that would keep any secondary honest. Oline you had Willie Everett,  MR T Ed Hurndon and others. (Forgot all names, but obviously it was more than those 2)You stop them, you can stop anybody and that was proven. 8 points got scored the whole year. 2 to Kilgore, by a snapped punt over punters head out the enzone. 6 points to Carthage with a great RB Roscoe Tatum. Some forget to give the Tiger offense it's credit,, but remember the Tigers scored lots of points per game.. Games weren't just shut outs,, but in addition straight blow outs lol.. Still with all that talent the Tigers have produced some players that would get playing time and more on even that 83 team. Believe it .... Tiger Pride

5 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

It's hard 09 because we talking different era in football and I'll end up leaving some great ones off that aren't your household names.. lol 😆

I'll name good players in different Era and why I say this. Quick examples 

LB David King, Anthony Fisher, Vic Edmond, Steve Edmond 

WR Steve Stutsman,  Herman West

RB Montoya Brown,  Jimmy Morrow 

CB Orlando Hampton,  K.D. Jeffery,  Ced Mitchell,  Mailbox-- I forgot his name lol

Every player on the 1983 team. One player does not make a team. 83 team will never be matched.

The 83 Daingerfield Tigers will be remembered as long as Texas High School Football exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

83 Tigers played very well together and defense shut teams completely down, but here's why. The defense under Dennis Alexander and Jackie Mayfield had what's called Bloody Alley lol. The defense faced a QB  Doug Pitman At RBs they faced Tony Evans,  David Whitmore, Gene Rowe,  DC Mitchell and Johnny Hurdon. At WR you had Herman West that would keep any secondary honest. Oline you had Willie Everett,  MR T Ed Hurndon and others. (Forgot all names, but obviously it was more than those 2)You stop them, you can stop anybody and that was proven. 8 points got scored the whole year. 2 to Kilgore, by a snapped punt over punters head out the enzone. 6 points to Carthage with a great RB Roscoe Tatum. Some forget to give the Tiger offense it's credit,, but remember the Tigers scored lots of points per game.. Games weren't just shut outs,, but in addition straight blow outs lol.. Still with all that talent the Tigers have produced some players that would get playing time and more on even that 83 team. Believe it .... Tiger Pride

Believe me I know all about that Tiger team. I saw several of their games that year.

I agree y'all had many great players that could have started on that '83 team but even if you put all the great Tiger players from every year together they may or may not have done what that Tiger team did. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Believe me I know all about that Tiger team. I saw several of their games that year.

I agree y'all had many great players that could have started on that '83 team but even if you put all the great Tiger players from every year together they may or may not have done what that Tiger team did. 

Oh I agree. That team played well together. I wouldn't replace a single player, but through the years I think we've had some players that could've gotten some playing time on that team. That team was awesome to say the least. They made each other great. If the O could score on the D, then they could score on anybody and Vice Versa. Tiger Strong

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Summary said:

No one individual is the best from DF. Too many good ones. There’s more to the program before 1983…

Hulen Missiledine, RB

Wayne Hill, RB

Scotty McCain, All State OL

Eddie White, FB

Arthur Moore, DL

Marc McDaniel, QB

Floyd Rivers, WB

Chris Hall, HB

Clarence Young, OLB

William Chism, All State LB 3 consecutive years

Sam Ewan, All State OL

Terry Lee,HB

💪 no doubt about it. I didn't personally see these guys,  but I heard a lot about them and the way they played.  To be honest these guys got the reputation that started the Tiger Pride. Nobody ever discredited these players,  but many witnessed the 83 Tigers and their greatness.  

20 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

The Tigers have had so many good ones that it makes it hard to say best. Best or most successful? 

Thomas Everett was great I'm High School, College and Pros. On a Super Bowls team. How bout them Cowboys 92&93. 

David Whitmore made it to the NFL.

Eric Everett played at Texas Tech and later the NFL

Steve Edmond, Chris Jones played at UT.

Shavion Hatten scholarship to A&M playing on OLine which isn't a recognized position in Dfield.

Some dual sport greats Football and Track would be David Mims,, Danny Mitchell, Steve Stutsman, Ashley Lewis. Jerome Lee, Duke Favors, (Craver in 2020)were good RBs. Corey Richardson and Darren Lafayette were prolly fastest Tigers ever. 

100 yard dash

Darren Lafayette 10.4

Corey Richardson 10.2

I guess overall I'd say 

Thomas Everett.  

I think it'd be easier to say the best Tiger athlete or best football position player and we can compare facts. 

Track event,  baseball and basketball players. 

14 hours ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Greg @Qb or FS? He was a good Qb. He  came in after his brother Jamie(class of 86), and (ET)Eric Turner(class of 87) . He started his Sr year at Qb. I think he went to Tech as a Free Saftey. Which position are we talking about?

TCU. Played with the Bills/Redskins for a while as well. I’m pretty sure he played LB in the league. He’s a captain with the Dallas Fire department now; works at the same firehouse as a friend of mine. 

I know Daingerfield gets plenty of pub on here, and I’m sure people get tired of it, but in all seriousness I’d like to know if there’s a town the size of Daingerfield that has put more guys in the NFL? I very seriously doubt it. The bloodlines in that place are otherworldly.