Players in Daingerfield

BEARDEDGOAT

20 minutes ago, Summary said:

So you saying Stuts was on the 1986 mile relay team at Austin?

Yup 3 or anchor leg on mile relay. It switched a few times. 

Charles Lafayette was always 1st

David Mims was 2nd

Ashley Lewis was 3rd

Steve Stutsman was anchor. 

Sometimes 3&4th switched out. Each athlete could run 49.3 or faster. They had the fastest time coming in at State, but a bad exchange caused them to drop the stick..It was a rainy day. Coach Kevin Stingley was Coach. 

23 hours ago, Summary said:

So you saying Stuts was on the 1986 mile relay team at Austin?

Stuts ran a heckuva 800 also.  Not to mention could throw the discus really far.  Steve was one of the best athletes I every played with..... His son aint too shabby either.

On 9/22/2021 at 1:23 PM, KrookedWolfe said:

No doubt about it 45. Hats off to all Tiger players because they all played a important role in the overall success of the Tiger Program. It takes all players and good coaching to be great. Again I appreciate you and all players that have built Tiger Pride.  I wasn't a game changer or standout player myself, but even if I were Smoaky readers would never know it. If I talked about myself on Smoaky I'd say I  was Valedictorian of my class, but that would be a lie 🤣. I'm a fan and supporter of the Tigers now. Bones too brittle anyway lol

I wish I could talk about how great I was....but everyone from D'field in the 80s time that are on here know who i am.  lol

They know Jabo was just average.  lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coachc45 said:

Stuts ran a heckuva 800 also.  Not to mention could throw the discus really far.  Steve was one of the best athletes I every played with..... His son aint too shabby either.

everyone should have witnessed Stuts and Dillard from Clarksville throw the discus.  We all just were going for 3rd when they were around.