Mount Pleasant @ Texas High

budmanmpfan

Oh boy, the start of district play is here. Time to watch Texas High continue its strangle hold on this district. They are coming into district play as the heavy favorite to win it and it wont even be close in any of their games. Some of the teams in the district might hang around for a half but their speed and tenacity will prove too much for anyone.

MP on the other han comes in on a 2 week bye because of Arkansas High canceling on them.  But I truly believe that will not help them very much except to get some players healthy that werent at 100% like Emory. Emory gave the Orange Tigers fits last year as he was in the backfield for a lot of the game but Texas High pulled away in the 2nd half and trounced the Black and Gold Tigers. MP considers this a rivalry game but when you only win 1 time in the last 15 years, thats not a rivalry, it is a whipping.

I dont think the extra week will help MP this week. The run game is good but can it really get going on a team that held Tyler High to hardly anything running the ball.  MP has not won a game a Grim since 2012 when KD Cannon was a Junior. I believe that streak continues. I hope MP can stay with them and give themselves a chance to win.  Theres always a chance of turnovers and for the game to go MP's way but it is highly unlikely.

With all that being said, I will be taking Texas High to win by at least 20. If MP can make it a competitive game, I will be happy.

GO MP!!!!

13 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I remember that one time 10-0 or something like that lol.

I remember that game.  2002.  Texas High had an incredibly talented team that rolled though the playoffs to a state championship.   Those playoffs games were blowouts with the exception of the semi-final game against Brownwood that was somewhat competitive.  But the district season started on the road in Mt. Pleasant, who beat Texas High 10-0.   It was not a "fluky" win.   No horrible calls, No unusual freak plays.  No accidental scores.   It was a straight-up , legit, 10-0 win by Mt. Pleasant over the eventual state championship Texas High team.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ace said:

I remember that game.  2002.  Texas High had an incredibly talented team that rolled though the playoffs to a state championship.   Those playoffs games were blowouts with the exception of the semi-final game against Brownwood that was somewhat competitive.  But the district season started on the road in Mt. Pleasant, who beat Texas High 10-0.   It was not a "fluky" win.   No horrible calls, No unusual freak plays.  No accidental scores.   It was a straight-up , legit, 10-0 win by Mt. Pleasant over the eventual state championship Texas High team.   

True story.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:54 AM, Ace said:

I had some friends on that Mount Pleasant team. I had moved to Michigan the summer before that from MP. They called me gloating they had beat THigh. I said congrats yall beat the soon to be state champs. Yall were real good that season. Who was the QB for that squad? I know yall had Nathan Vasher right?

45 minutes ago, budmanmpfan said:

I had some friends on that Mount Pleasant team. I had moved to Michigan the summer before that from MP. They called me gloating they had beat THigh. I said congrats yall beat the soon to be state champs. Yall were real good that season. Who was the QB for that squad? I know yall had Nathan Vasher right?

Chris Marshall. Led them back to semi’s year after.... unfortunately things happen, he didn’t make the trip to the game that day and that’s when mallett made his appearance as a freshman. Ryan was a stud but no Chris Marshall. Hate things got in the way of his success .

I recall leaving Texas Stadium after the Tigers blew out New Braunfels in the state finals and seeing at least 20 kids in Mt. Pleasant letter jackets laughing and high-fiving each other and joining in the celebration with the Texas High fans.   For their whole lives, those kids have a great story to tell about their high school football careers - we shutout a team that went on to win a state championship.  

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 7:40 AM, budmanmpfan said:

Oh boy, the start of district play is here. Time to watch Texas High continue its strangle hold on this district. They are coming into district play as the heavy favorite to win it and it wont even be close in any of their games. Some of the teams in the district might hang around for a half but their speed and tenacity will prove too much for anyone.

MP on the other han comes in on a 2 week bye because of Arkansas High canceling on them.  But I truly believe that will not help them very much except to get some players healthy that werent at 100% like Emory. Emory gave the Orange Tigers fits last year as he was in the backfield for a lot of the game but Texas High pulled away in the 2nd half and trounced the Black and Gold Tigers. MP considers this a rivalry game but when you only win 1 time in the last 15 years, thats not a rivalry, it is a whipping.

I dont think the extra week will help MP this week. The run game is good but can it really get going on a team that held Tyler High to hardly anything running the ball.  MP has not won a game a Grim since 2012 when KD Cannon was a Junior. I believe that streak continues. I hope MP can stay with them and give themselves a chance to win.  Theres always a chance of turnovers and for the game to go MP's way but it is highly unlikely.

With all that being said, I will be taking Texas High to win by at least 20. If MP can make it a competitive game, I will be happy.

GO MP!!!!

We had them beat a year ago.

18 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

Chris Marshall. Led them back to semi’s year after.... unfortunately things happen, he didn’t make the trip to the game that day and that’s when mallett made his appearance as a freshman. Ryan was a stud but no Chris Marshall. Hate things got in the way of his success .

they were both their own worst enemies, very similar both very gifted qbs. Chris had smarts on the field and touch that Ryan never had but scantron could chunk it like no other. 

• LOL! 1

Nothing interesting about it. Mp played hard in the first qtr. Penalties killed their drives again tonight. After the first qtr it was all THigh. 

Good game to both schools. Glad everyone stayed healthy.

Mp hosts Whitehouse next week for homecoming. This game could be very interesting. 

Thigh travels to Hallsville. That one will be a snooze fest.

• Like 1