Weekend Plans for Some of You?

BarryLaverty

So, you know, I have on the agenda to catch up on my streaming, take a nap or two, run some errands, so I don't plan to be in DC to support the traitors from January 6th. How about you all? 

Axios

"JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!": Trump voices support for Saturday's pro-Capitol riots rally

f34e589859ae5eeb4f0cac28ad6f8987

Shawna Chen

Former President Trump on Thursday expressed solidarity with people facing prosecution in connection to the Capitol insurrection.

Why it matters: The statement was issued ahead of Saturday's rally to protest the treatment of Capitol rioters. Over 600 known federal defendants face charges related to the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Stay on top of the latest market trends and economic insights with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free

What he's saying: "Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest," Trump said in a statement.

• "In addition to everything else, it has proven conclusively that we are a two-tiered system of justice. In the end, however, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!"

The big picture: The "Justice for J6 rally" is organized by a nonprofit group led by former Trump campaign staffer Matt Braynard. Trump has not indicated whether he will attend or participate.

Don't forget: In the lead-up to the Capitol riots, Trump had told his supporters he would join them on their march to Congress to "show strength."

• He ultimately did not join the rioters, nor did he issue any address as they breached the Capitol.

• Later that day, he appeared in a video message, still claiming "we had an election that was stolen from us" before telling his supporters to go home. "We love you," he said. "You're very special."

• Roll Eyes 1

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:
So, you know, I have on the agenda to catch up on my streaming, take a nap or two, run some errands, so I don't plan to be in DC to support the traitors from January 6th. How about you all? 

Axios

"JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!": Trump voices support for Saturday's pro-Capitol riots rally

Shawna Chen

Former President Trump on Thursday expressed solidarity with people facing prosecution in connection to the Capitol insurrection.

Why it matters: The statement was issued ahead of Saturday's rally to protest the treatment of Capitol rioters. Over 600 known federal defendants face charges related to the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Stay on top of the latest market trends and economic insights with Axios Markets. Subscribe for free

What he's saying: "Our hearts and minds are with the people being persecuted so unfairly relating to the January 6th protest," Trump said in a statement.

• "In addition to everything else, it has proven conclusively that we are a two-tiered system of justice. In the end, however, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!"

The big picture: The "Justice for J6 rally" is organized by a nonprofit group led by former Trump campaign staffer Matt Braynard. Trump has not indicated whether he will attend or participate.

Don't forget: In the lead-up to the Capitol riots, Trump had told his supporters he would join them on their march to Congress to "show strength."

• He ultimately did not join the rioters, nor did he issue any address as they breached the Capitol.

• Later that day, he appeared in a video message, still claiming "we had an election that was stolen from us" before telling his supporters to go home. "We love you," he said. "You're very special."

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Axios

Shawna Chen

That is a long way to go and support Miley I don't think he is worth the trip but if you got to go why not support the patriots that are being unjustly imprisoned 

• Like 1