Rusk Eagles

ronstopable

Eagles flying under the radar with a 4-0 start. They took Bullard behind the wood shed last night 58-22. Up 41-15 at halftime both teams agreed to a running clock the last two quarters. Rusk racked up 631 yards of offense. Owen McCown had a nice night going 30-35 467 yds, 4 TD 0 INT and ran for another score. 

Competition will jump up once district starts but hopefully we can give some teams a decent game. 

8 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

Eagles flying under the radar with a 4-0 start. They took Bullard behind the wood shed last night 58-22. Up 41-15 at halftime both teams agreed to a running clock the last two quarters. Rusk racked up 646 yards of offense. Owen McCown had a nice night going 23-28 427 yds, 3 TD 0 INT and ran for another score. 

Competition will jump up once district starts but hopefully we can give some teams a decent game. 

I'm following you guys this year.  Had a kid move from Garrison to Rusk that we are family friends with.  He would be a good addition to any team and he's a heckuva good kid.  I'm pulling for yall!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hunter92 said:

I'm following you guys this year.  Had a kid move from Garrison to Rusk that we are family friends with.  He would be a good addition to any team and he's a heckuva good kid.  I'm pulling for yall!

Thanks!
The DE #23 I think. Good looking kid and a great addition for our defense. They don’t list players size on the roster but I would guess he’s 6’1 225 and the kid can run. 

2 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

Thanks!
The DE #23 I think. Good looking kid and a great addition for our defense. They don’t list players size on the roster but I would guess he’s 6’1 225 and the kid can run. 

Yes Sir, that's him.  His Dad had to call him down a few times for running too much because he was running muscle off, that's the kind of work ethic he has.  I was sick when I heard he was moving.  We could sure use him. LOL

• Like 1

19 hours ago, touchdownlsu said:

#16 leads all East Texas with receptions also. Well up in the 40s now. 

That’s a kid that moved in from the Houston area. Super quick and unbelievable hands. He plays with a LB mentality and will flat out smoke people when he’s blocking. A little chatty at times but a great addition to the team.