White Oak (3-1) at Atlanta (0-4)

Sportsjunkiee

White Oak (3-1) at Atlanta (0-4)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I still don’t know who to pick for this game. I need @H3llR4z0rand @Racer55 to tell me why their team is going to win so I make the right pick. 

Atlanta hasn’t given any indication to how they’ll place in this district right now, same as last year. All they have coming into district is a tough pre district schedule same as last year. They like everyone thought we’d surely be beaten last year just because of Atlanta’s “past” athleticism. I say they shouldn’t be picked over WO because of the past. To me they haven’t shown that they have what it takes to win a game this year against any decent team 3a-4a.

19 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

If y’all gonna get it figured out please wait until after our game this year.

We always have GW later and they always figure it out against us. Couple years ago they were still figuring out the QB stuff and Minny beat them. Then all of a sudden they figured out how to pass the ball against us. It wasn’t pretty.

11 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I got nothin' for ya lol. We're coming off the worst loss I've seen in quite some time.

Well luckily for y’all you’re about to face the worst team this season to date. Maybe WO will wait a week before they put foot on gas. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Well luckily for y’all you’re about to face the worst team this season to date. Maybe WO will wait a week before they put foot on gas. 

Yeah it's just difficult to compare quality of opponents. I'm not even sure how good Pewitt is. We're they're only win. Without the Pewitt game, we're averaging 4 points per game. 

We're sitting in the exact same boat we were last year when this game came around. Last year we had no identity at QB, RB1 and RB2 were out. RB3 was a freshman. 

Issues I see are we are worse in the passing game than last year, and last year was abysmal. I've never seen passing struggles as bad as we have now (said the same thing last year). Running game is about the same. I feel like the o-line has potential to be better than last year, but I haven't seen any real proof of that yet. 

Defensively, our d-line is decent. I feel like our DBs are our weak link, but I must say, they have improved over the course of the season. Our DBs are young, one even being a freshman. Our best DB could be out - he's also our QB2/WR2. 

It's just a mess 😅

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I went with Atlanta, I think they will have too much speed for WO. 

I expect Razor will be salivating over the WO QB from what he has described in the ATL QB woes.  That Siegley kid is a gamer and should be the primary focus of ATL D. He can beat you with his arm or his legs.  Deceptively quick, knows how to read the D on the RPO, and has plenty of arm to go over the top if ATL falls asleep.  WO doesn’t have a lot of supporting cast in the skill positions, but I think they will have just enough to get the W.

4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

We're sitting in the exact same boat we were last year when this game came around. Last year we had no identity at QB, RB1 and RB2 were out. RB3 was a freshman. 

Issues I see are we are worse in the passing game than last year, and last year was abysmal. I've never seen passing struggles as bad as we have now (said the same thing last year). Running game is about the same. I feel like the o-line has potential to be better than last year, but I haven't seen any real proof of that yet. 

Defensively, our d-line is decent. I feel like our DBs are our weak link, but I must say, they have improved over the course of the season. Our DBs are young, one even being a freshman. Our best DB could be out - he's also our QB2/WR2. 

It's just a mess 😅

We were in the same boat a couple years ago, couldn’t complete a pass hardly all game long. 

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I expect Razor will be salivating over the WO QB from what he has described in the ATL QB woes.  That Siegley kid is a gamer and should be the primary focus of ATL D. He can beat you with his arm or his legs.  Deceptively quick, knows how to read the D on the RPO, and has plenty of arm to go over the top if ATL falls asleep.  WO doesn’t have a lot of supporting cast in the skill positions, but I think they will have just enough to get the W.

Man Atlanta hasn't had a real deal QB in almost a decade.

'13-'14 was Musgrove.

Since then, '15 was Jeremy Smith. He wasn't a QB, just one of the fastest kids in the state. You had him, plus Atlanta's all-time leading rusher in the backfield.

'16 was Henson. He was just a tough kid.

'17-'18 was the closest thing we had to a QB, and he was just an athlete (Samples). Kid could run, make plays, and was extremely tough.

'19 was Wood, which was just a WR moved to QB. Amazing WR, not so much at QB though. That's the year we learnred that McClure probably wouldn't be our next QB. They tried him against Mount Vernon University, and it never was the same.

That was where the struggle began. '20 was the Pierce/Dickerson debacle. McClure was supposed to be the answer at QB, but that didn't pan out. Next up I believe was thought to be Dickerson. While an amazing athlete, I feel like he tries too hard sometimes, and forces things. He's the one that put the ball on the ground so much against WO last year.

'21 was supposed to be the new coaches kid, Jack Plunk. He's a sophomore. Big kid, doesn't move a lot, but has a decent arm. I honestly think he had the first game jitters against DF, though he got hurt in the 1st qtr. I think if he settles down he will be alright. But without him, we're stuck in the same Pierce/Dickerson situation. Pierce I honestly think just gets overwhelmed. I'm not really sure what the issue is. It could be coaching for all I know. But he has just been making not good decisions with the ball in his hands. GREAT kid, I take nothing away from him. I think he wants to be the best he can be, but it hasn't been working out in his favor.

So yes, I will definitely be salivating over a good QB LOL. 

Right now I can't even tell you who to look for on Atlanta. RB1 was that guy. 

Last year it was #5. The kid was a freak athlete, but no bueno attitude. He's the one everyone makes fun of us for, for missing the bus to the Gladewater game. Amazing back though. Just a highlight real almost everytime he touched the ball. Kinney was also in some last year, but he didn't play a game until Sabine. 

'19 it was him as well, but he was hurt a lot, or tired real easy.

'17-'18 was Jawan King, the Rice commit (now plays JUCO ball for Kilgore College). Him paired with the Samples kid in the backfield were just a good duo. I remember Jawan's JR year was one of our closest games with Gilmer. They just didn't have an answer for him. If we had been able to kick extra points that season, that could have been it.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Right now I can't even tell you who to look for on Atlanta. RB1 was that guy. 

Last year it was #5. The kid was a freak athlete, but no bueno attitude. He's the one everyone makes fun of us for, for missing the bus to the Gladewater game. Amazing back though. Just a highlight real almost everytime he touched the ball. Kinney was also in some last year, but he didn't play a game until Sabine. 

'19 it was him as well, but he was hurt a lot, or tired real easy.

'17-'18 was Jawan King, the Rice commit (now plays JUCO ball for Kilgore College). Him paired with the Samples kid in the backfield were just a good duo. I remember Jawan's JR year was one of our closest games with Gilmer. They just didn't have an answer for him. If we had been able to kick extra points that season, that could have been it.

Who was the rb2 kid from the 18' season? I think he was a junior that year. He was decent and had some speed.