White Oak (3-1) at Atlanta (0-4)

Sportsjunkiee

White Oak (3-1) at Atlanta (0-4)  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Tiger03lb
57 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I just looked back on HUDL @Tiger03lb. That was Dre Nelson. He was a small, stout back. Real low center of gravity. I actually forgot about him. He was a workhorse. I guess I forgot about him because he was never a big play kid. He always got the hard to get yards and stuff. 

57 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

All 3 of those backs actually played against y'all. #22 (Rice commit, SR), #8 (Dre Nelson, JR), and #5 (Caleb Hamilton, Soph). 

I didn't remember #5 but I thought #8 was pretty good backup to #22. He had a different style so it was hard to tackle him but if he had room to run, he was gone. Y'all ran a counter on two different series with both #22 & #8 and had some big yards. Think one was even a td if not both. Hate to see y'all being hit by the injury bug, hope it gets better. 

9 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I didn't remember #5 but I thought #8 was pretty good backup to #22. He had a different style so it was hard to tackle him but if he had room to run, he was gone. Y'all ran a counter on two different series with both #22 & #8 and had some big yards. Think one was even a td if not both. Hate to see y'all being hit by the injury bug, hope it gets better. 

If he was real small and quick as lightning that was Hamilton...but as fast and elusive as he was he was just as big of a team cancer. Him and a CB/WR from last year are the two that missed the bus to the Gladewater game and were constantly causing problems.

10 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

You’re def talking about #5 Hamilton. Dude was a home run threat every time he touched it. In 2018 we played Atlanta in district and in the region semis and the combo of him and #22 king were lethal. 

30 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

You’re def talking about #5 Hamilton. Dude was a home run threat every time he touched it. In 2018 we played Atlanta in district and in the region semis and the combo of him and #22 king were lethal. 

That was a solid Atlanta team on both sides of the ball. They came alive in the second half of the West Rusk playoff game to win a bi-district crown, beat a really good Kemp team by three touchdowns in round 2, beat a well-coached Mt. Vernon team for the second time in one season (not easy to do) and left it all on the field against Malakoff. Good times.

I'm not going to say Kinney was as lethal as a back as King was, but he was definitely going to be a force. Nobody really knows what he's capable of because he missed the majority of his JR season, and now his entire SR season. His brother was a BEAST. He's got a younger brother that's a freshman that I believe will be a great asset. Massive kid. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm not going to say Kinney was as lethal as a back as King was, but he was definitely going to be a force. Nobody really knows what he's capable of because he missed the majority of his JR season, and now his entire SR season. His brother was a BEAST. He's got a younger brother that's a freshman that I believe will be a great asset. Massive kid. 

I really thought Dickerson would be ATLs next big time player. I remember watching  him in middle school being big time. He has been kind of a let down in High School. Shame Kinny Cant play this year.

33 minutes ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

I really thought Dickerson would be ATLs next big time player. I remember watching  him in middle school being big time. He has been kind of a let down in High School. Shame Kinny Cant play this year.

Same, I thought Dickerson was gonna be a highlight reel. He was that dude when he was younger. Either not getting the touches he needs.....or just didn't pan out to be what his projection was casting. 

Dickerson's lack of production, in my opinion, is due to limited touches. He was really the only flash of hope we had Friday. He is the type of player that you need to get the ball in space... and y'all know how our passing game has been going, so that's difficult in itself. The boy is still a great athlete, we're just not able to use him like we'd want to. 

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Dickerson's lack of production, in my opinion, is due to limited touches. He was really the only flash of hope we had Friday. He is the type of player that you need to get the ball in space... and y'all know how our passing game has been going, so that's difficult in itself. The boy is still a great athlete, we're just not able to use him like we'd want to. 

I agree razor. Kam is a great player and when he touches the ball he makes plays. Hopefully we will have him back the last few games of district. I spoke to his mother the other day and they believe he may be out only 3 to 4 weeks. Praying that is the case.

17 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Same, I thought Dickerson was gonna be a highlight reel. He was that dude when he was younger. Either not getting the touches he needs.....or just didn't pan out to be what his projection was casting. 

It seems like he is one of those guys who peaks in middle school. We have had alot of them lol 

7 hours ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

I do think ATL wins by forty this week though

Nah, tight ball game with White Oak probably getting the W. Atlanta literally can't get anything going. If QB1 and QB2 are still out I just don't see them having enough.