Who Wins?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins The First District Game?

• Tyler In A Blowout
    • Tyler In A Close One
    • McKinney North In A Blowout
    • McKinney North In A Close One

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2021 at 12:00 AM

Tyler in coming riding a two game win streak against a north team that looking for there first win since week one. 

Don’t really know much about north, so maybe some north fans could chime in, but on paper Tyler should be the favorite, but Holmes hasn’t beat north the last two seasons so I’m pretty sure this is a big game for him but also it would boost a lot of confidence for a team that struggled last night against horn. 

Give me Tyler by 21 until I know more about north. 

• Like 1

Their offense is hard to figure out. You never know who has the ball. They have 2 guys they can hand it off to.  Or sometimes the QB keeps it himself.   They are very good at misdirection and trying to confuse the defense.  

They aren’t a great passing team, but you can’t ignore it either. 

Defense is pretty terrible.  We should have had 50 on them instead of 41  

Tyler should win this pretty handily.   But don’t take them lightly.  Their offense is tricky. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Their offense is hard to figure out. You never know who has the ball. They have 2 guys they can hand it off to.  Or sometimes the QB keeps it himself.   They are very good at misdirection and trying to confuse the defense.  

Tyler should win this pretty handily.   But don’t take them lightly.  Their offense is tricky. 

This is definitely their MO. Looking forward to Friday! GO CUJO 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Their offense has been the same. They just change it a little to who they have back there. The second time tyler played them. They were a read option offense. 

I can't see Tyler winning this as easy as some have said on here.  Tyler has beaten 2 bad teams and McNorth has beaten 1 bad team.  McNorth lost by 35 last week to one of the best teams and offenses in Texas.  Tyler is not even close to Heath.  HP and Longview are the top 2 teams in this district and 3 - 6 are teams that could lose any week.  I do believe the team that wins this game has one big foot into the playoffs.  McNorth has played Tyler tough the last 3 years and I don't see this being any different.  Discipline and coaching has played a big role in these games.   

55 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

I can't see Tyler winning this as easy as some have said on here.  Tyler has beaten 2 bad teams and McNorth has beaten 1 bad team.  McNorth lost by 35 last week to one of the best teams and offenses in Texas.  Tyler is not even close to Heath.  HP and Longview are the top 2 teams in this district and 3 - 6 are teams that could lose any week.  I do believe the team that wins this game has one big foot into the playoffs.  McNorth has played Tyler tough the last 3 years and I don't see this being any different.  Discipline and coaching has played a big role in these games.   

This is true and trust me Tyler shouldn’t definitely overlook any team, but this is also not the same Tyler team of the last two times, simply because they now have a QB, last year it took north everything they had to beat a Tyler team that was probably one of the worst Tyler teams in school history, also considering that the QB was probably the worst QB we ever had in school history also running the offense and the game was still close. So to think that Tyler has a Better chance this time around with more weapons, and a actual QB now, is not far fetched. But like you said it comes down to coaching, and Holmes is not the smartest when it comes to games he SHOULD win. But I’ll give him the a pass on this one since have been winning recently

13 hours ago, bingosmith said:

True but this Tyler high team is legit good on offense. McKinney North ain't good team imo. Tyler can't over look them still.

2019, North probably had their best team in quite sometime and JT should have won that game.  Last yr, was another game Tyler could have won, after outgaining North 459 yds to 246. (Tyler trailed 20-14 at half despite outgaining North 304-59 in first half)

From a talent standpoint, its clearly in Tyler favor.  But for whatever reaason, North has found a way to get the wins.  Good luck Cujo, hope they can keep it going. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

2019, North probably had their best team in quite sometime and JT should have won that game.  Last yr, was another game Tyler could have won, after outgaining North 459 yds to 246. (Tyler trailed 20-14 at half despite outgaining North 304-59 in first half)

From a talent standpoint, its clearly in Tyler favor.  But for whatever reaason, North has found a way to get the wins.  Good luck Cujo, hope they can keep it going. 

All FACTS! Tyler high will be ready Friday night 🦁🦁🦁

On 9/19/2021 at 10:14 PM, cujoforlife said:

That is something that Tyler High has had a hard time stopping.

This is a concerning factor to me, that can play into being a duplicate of Tyler vs Horn.

Even though due to QB play, this offense is head and shoulders beyond the last couple of years, however “just for a couple position ” this defense has to take back seat to last year team, and this year may be ahead on takeaways. Go figure.

Tyler could win by two and a half scores and if the defense mature into a “JT Defense” it could get ugly.

GO CUJO 

• Like 2