Week 3 Scores and Discussion

Coach Rab

39 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Nebraska should have beaten Oklahoma. Huskers lost by 7 but missed two makeable fg's, had an xtra pt blocked and returned for 2 pts for OU, and threw an int on the OU goal line. Sooners might be a top 4 team but they have not looked like it in two of their three games.

Not to mention the 15 penalties 

I’m not convinced that BAMA is as good as everyone has made us out to be. Bryce Young may eventually make everyone forget Mac Jones, Tua, Jalen, Snake and Joe Willie, but I think Miami made him look a lot better than he is right now. For 3 quarters Florida made our defense look average. On a positive note, a couple of Texas kids had huge games today. Kase McClelland out of Aledo had another solid game at RB and has worked his way into splitting carries with Brian Robinson. Drew Sanders from Denton Ryan has solidified a spot at OLB in place of Chris Allen. He made several big plays. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m not convinced that BAMA is as good as everyone has made us out to be. Bryce Young may eventually make everyone forget Mac Jones, Tua, Jalen, Snake and Joe Willie, but I think Miami made him look a lot better than he is right now. For 3 quarters Florida made our defense look average. On a positive note, a couple of Texas kids had huge games today. Kase McClelland out of Aledo had another solid game at RB and has worked his way into splitting carries with Brian Robinson. Drew Sanders from Denton Ryan has solidified a spot at OLB in place of Chris Allen. He made several big plays. 

Bama is dealing with injuries. Anderson played hurt today and still dominated on about every 4th play despite being double teamed. I'm not sold on Young by a far fetch. He doesn't throw throw the slant worth a S.! He's not what I'm use to.

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Bama is dealing with injuries. Anderson played hurt today and still dominated on about every 4th play despite being double teamed. I'm not sold on Young by a far fetch. He doesn't throw throw the slant worth a S.! He's not what I'm use to.

It’s hard to tell if the issue is him or the OC. I’m not sold on O’Brien yet. A lot of unanswered questions on offense. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Through 3 weeks I don’t think there is any team that is unbeatable. That makes for a fun season. 

Agreed. We might not see a undefeated regular season team this year. Bama has the best shot along with maybe oregon but both have weaknesses. 

• Like 1