Week 3 Scores and Discussion

Coach Rab

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

A&M was down 3 defensive starters for game. I also have several arguments that you will just ignore. But I'm so confident you're wrong I'll place a sigbet or self ban on it. 

Since the conversation rose from the Florida/Bama thread let’s look at this.  Florida held Bama to 91yds rushing.  Your claim is that aTm is good enough defensively to keep it close with Bama.  I’ll say there’s no way that aTm holds Bama to less than 100 yds rushing.  One month self ban.  Take it or leave it

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You can’t really tell much from that game. Aggies have a good opportunity this year for a upset even if you don’t want it. I feel that way about Texas. I would be surprised if they weren’t playing in the Big 12 championship despite the awful performance in Arkansas.

You want in on the bet too?  One month ban

33 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

No a lot of mods and few posters might start rooting heavily for Alabama. The Aggies will not get blown out by Bama. Arkansas and ole miss have better potential of upsetting A&M. 

So no, you don’t want in on the action,  two letter word would’ve saved lots of mumbling. 

10 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Let’s see how Arkansas games . The hogs are improved as you know. You can’t really gauge by Kent st/New Mexico. 

Come on, put your money where your mouth is and show some confidence in that defense yall are hanging your hat on. Truth is, I’m pushing this bet because it guarantees that you or DB will be gone for a month. 😀

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

It was Kent State.

I understand.

My argument is not specific in numbers regarding Florida and A&M comparisons. For instance Florida held bama to 91 yards rushing and gave up 240 in the air. While giving up 31 points. 

There could easily be a situation where A&M allows 130 on the ground but limits bama to 170 in the air and gives up 24 points. Thats a better performance than florida but its not better statistically against the rush. 

I also am not going to sit out a month if something stupid happens like A&M shuts bama down for 3.5 quarters but then gives up a 40yarder and gives up 108 on the ground or something like that... So what I'm saying is there needs to be a better way to bet on this other than just 100 yards take it or leave it. 

And for the record comparing the Kent st numbers is stupid. There's a big difference in giving up late yardage via qb scrambles in a blowout vs second team players and a team actually being able to run when they wanted to. Teams that CAN run for 200 when they won't don't score 10 points... 

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I understand.

My argument is not specific in numbers regarding Florida and A&M comparisons. For instance Florida held bama to 91 yards rushing and gave up 240 in the air. While giving up 31 points. 

There could easily be a situation where A&M allows 130 on the ground but limits bama to 170 in the air and gives up 24 points. Thats a better performance than florida but its not better statistically against the rush. 

I also am not going to sit out a month if something stupid happens like A&M shuts bama down for 3.5 quarters but then gives up a 40yarder and gives up 108 on the ground or something like that... So what I'm saying is there needs to be a better way to bet on this other than just 100 yards take it or leave it. 

And for the record comparing the Kent st numbers is stupid. There's a big difference in giving up late yardage via qb scrambles in a blowout vs second team players and a team actually being able to run when they wanted to. Teams that CAN run for 200 when they won't don't score 10 points... 

I specifically mentioned the rushing yards because your D gave up so much against Kent State.  I understand if you’re unwilling to take the bet.  

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I specifically mentioned the rushing yards because your D gave up so much against Kent State.  I understand if you’re unwilling to take the bet.  

I'm saying the context of yards makes a difference. No I'm not going to make a bet with someone who is not going to recognize that. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

I'm saying the context of yards makes a difference. No I'm not going to make a bet with someone who is not going to recognize that. 

Your two deep should be able to dominate a Kent state level team even with starters out.  It didn’t.  That’s why I think you don’t shut Bama’s running game down to less than  100 yds.  You were the one boasting your defense was good enough to keep it close with Bama.  

On 9/18/2021 at 4:07 PM, EnjoyLife said:

Nebraska should have beaten Oklahoma. Huskers lost by 7 but missed two makeable fg's, had an xtra pt blocked and returned for 2 pts for OU, and threw an int on the OU goal line. Sooners might be a top 4 team but they have not looked like it in two of their three games.

That interception was a thing of beauty though.