Week 3 Scores and Discussion

Coach Rab

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Penn st might be the best team in the Big 10 this year... I haven't seem anything from ohio st that makes me think they can beat them.  

Ohio State just seems off. Same with Clemson. Florida made things interesting with Bama. This might be the most wide open CFP we’ve seen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

Ohio State just seems off. Same with Clemson. Florida made things interesting with Bama. This might be the most wide open CFP we’ve seen.

I definitely don’t think we get through the season unbeaten. There’s just too much that seems out of sync. We have A&M and Ole Miss coming up, and I can see both of those being games we could lose. The media loves to talk about how dominant BAMA is after we beat up on some over-hyped team like Miami. That makes the story bigger when someone beats us. 

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

The QB has good numbers but he’s not the right fit for this team.  The OL also seems a bit off

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I definitely don’t think we get through the season unbeaten. There’s just too much that seems out of sync. We have A&M and Ole Miss coming up, and I can see both of those being games we could lose. The media loves to talk about how dominant BAMA is after we beat up on some over-hyped team like Miami. That makes the story bigger when someone beats us. 

If LSU can play defense like they did against that piss poor CMU team last night, it will give Bama trouble as well.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

The QB has good numbers but he’s not the right fit for this team.  The OL also seems a bit off

Ohio State's defense is not very good either.  Kerry Coombs is a terrible DC.  Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, and the Michigan schools could all beat them this year IMO.  They all won't, but I think they'll drop some games to a few of those teams.

SEC West will be fun to follow.  Bama' is Bama', Arkansas is much improved, A&M has the best defense, but the offense is going to struggle.  Auburn looks like they are going to be a tough out.  LSU still has talent and any game in Tiger Stadium will be tough.  Ole Miss is scary.  Miss State?  Who knows, seems like the Pirate is always good for an upset.

12 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

SEC West will be fun to follow.  Bama' is Bama', Arkansas is much improved, A&M has the best defense, but the offense is going to struggle.  Auburn looks like they are going to be a tough out.  LSU still has talent and any game in Tiger Stadium will be tough.  Ole Miss is scary.  Miss State?  Who knows, seems like the Pirate is always good for an upset.

I don’t see anyone in the West challenging Bama. Arkansas seems improved, but they are there yet. A&M possibly would have with King, but not as it is. LSU is not close. Nor is Mississippi State. 

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Team wise they are IMO and probably everybody else's besides you.

I never said anything about A&M being a better team than Florida.  I clearly said it the post you quoted I thought they could challenge them defensively but the offense is may or may not be enough. I then responded again and once again said nothing about A&M being a better team but said they were better defensively. 

*checks post 3 times to make sure I didn't say anything that could hurt a certain someone's feelings and get me banned again* 

37 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

The west is still goes through alabama, but I do think they will be challenged and drop one to someone. 

31 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t see anyone in the West challenging Bama. Arkansas seems improved, but they are there yet. A&M possibly would have with King, but not as it is. LSU is not close. Nor is Mississippi State. 

I think A&Ms defense is good enough to keep then in a close game with Bama and at home in a close game anything can happen. I think Bama is the favorite but they are vulnerable. They struggle running and stopping the run and those are two things that create bad things when playing a team like A&M on the road at nignt in their likely biggest game since Johnny. Also the week after they play Ole Miss which I think will be an emotional shootout the week before. 

I also think Ole Miss has enough offense to simply outscore bama this year. They are what they are but they do it well

I said all that to just highlight the biggest challenges for Bama. I still think bama has the strongest team and is the favorite bit they do have some holes this year. 

18 hours ago, WETSU said:

No. Bama is about to walk to another title this year. A&M doesn't have the offense to play with them regardless of how the defense does. 

They weren’t going to beat Bama with King.  I think he was actually talking about Florida possibly upsetting them yesterday

Just now, DB2point0 said:

200yds rushing to Kent St, you will not slow down Bama’s ground game.  

A&M was down 3 defensive starters for game. I also have several arguments that you will just ignore. But I'm so confident you're wrong I'll place a sigbet or self ban on it. 

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I never said anything about A&M being a better team than Florida.  I clearly said it the post you quoted I thought they could challenge them defensively but the offense is may or may not be enough. I then responded again and once again said nothing about A&M being a better team but said they were better defensively. 

*checks post 3 times to make sure I didn't say anything that could hurt a certain someone's feelings and get me banned again* 

Have at it WET. Me and my WIFE are off to church.

10 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think Ole Miss will give Bama a big challenge 

I hope so. The ole miss game is the week before they go to A&M. I want ole miss to run 90 offensive plays and take bama to the wire and bama barely wins an emotional slugfest. While A&M gets a comfortable and relaxing win vs Miss st 😂

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

We are terrible this year. I imagine Seth Littrell gets fired at the end of the season.

A good example of what can happen to a G5 coach. Back to back 9 win seasons. Do you leave or do you stay? Take the big payday or stay and build a program? He stayed, the wheels came off and could be headed back to a OC job.

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

A good example of what can happen to a G5 coach. Back to back 9 win seasons. Do you leave or do you stay? Take the big payday or stay and build a program? He stayed, the wheels came off and could be headed back to a OC job.

Yep, he is making a cool 2mil a year. He’s a nice guy, but back to back 4 win seasons, and another bad season on the horizon is not going to cut it.

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I hope so. The ole miss game is the week before they go to A&M. I want ole miss to run 90 offensive plays and take bama to the wire and bama barely wins an emotional slugfest. While A&M gets a comfortable and relaxing win vs Miss st 😂

This is how you pull the upset. You want BAMA the week after a hard fought win. You certainly don’t want BAMA the week after a loss. BAMA hasn’t lost consecutive games since the end of the 2013 season.