GILMER AT CARTHAGE

Sportsguru02

GILMER AT CARTHAGE  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

I also think this will be a good game. Gilmer will need to clean up the mistakes and penalties though. If they can, might be closer than expected. I look for Carthage to be Carthage though. Surratt will have them ready even though they haven’t played in a couple of weeks. Best Defense in 4A against one of the best offenses. Hopefully both teams come out injury free and leave it all on the field.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Texlov said:

A lot can change in one year. Last December Carthage embarrassed Gilmer. I can remember the University of Houston beating Tulsa, 100-6. This was back in the mid to late 1960s. Houston was ranked in top 10 the next year and Tulsa beat them. Proves anything can happen.

Went way back to find an example of one team losing to a team they beat the season before....

On 9/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

We will be able to move the ball this yr I have no doubt about that. I’ve watched both of Carthage’s games and both teams moved the ball pretty good. If you watch their last game u will see that cornerstone shot them self in the foot.

Cornerstone did hurt their selves a few times and I said as much on that game thread.  They dropped a few very catchable balls that likely would have been scores, their QB was very good and put it on the money for the most part.  

That being said I feel like Crosby and Cornerstone were two very good teams and along with Gilmer may be the three best teams Carthage could play potentially all year up until the end (if they were to make it that far).  Us Carthage fans have yet to get a full gauge on what the team is this year being that the only two games have been a revolving door with players coming and going in Covid protocols.  This game should be a much better idea and great indicator for both teams.  I fully expect it to be a great game.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jubilant said:

I dont even know what this guy said🤔🤔🤔

Welcome to the club!  Translation: " Dawgs have had a good run but it's coming to an end. "  Take it with a grain of salt this guy picked against Dawgs in almost every Carthage game he picked last year.  He don't know.

For the first time ALL YEAR Coach Metzel benched a starter for unsportsmanlike conduct in the Lindale game.  That's something that should have been done in the first three games to all THREE of the players that can't play with discipline.  I don't care if we win or lose.  If a player can't play with class, he doesn't need to be on the field.  I don't have a problem if it just from being overly aggressive in the midst of a play, but flagrantly taunting after the play should not be allowed, and isn't by officials.

Yes, we "should've" beaten Lindale by a bunch more points, but we made critical mistakes at critical points in the game that kept Lindale in it longer than they should've been.  Lindale is definitely no slouch of a team, and they play the game the right way.  They are well coached for sure.

If we make those kind of mistakes in the Carthage game..., let's just say it won't be pretty.  I think if we play with focus and discipline we can give them a very good game, and may even upset them if we don't make mistakes and Carthage does.  That being said, I would be tickled pink to see the Buckeyes play a complete game with focus and discipline, win or lose.  Carthage has been better than us for a few years now.  It's time we evened things up a bit.  Whether this is the team that's going to step up and play a good game against Carthage and let the chips fall where they may is yet to be seen.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

For the first time ALL YEAR Coach Metzel benched a starter for unsportsmanlike conduct in the Lindale game.  That's something that should have been done in the first three games to all THREE of the players that can't play with discipline.  I don't care if we win or lose.  If a player can't play with class, he doesn't need to be on the field.  I don't have a problem if it just from being overly aggressive in the midst of a play, but flagrantly taunting after the play should not be allowed, and isn't by officials.

Yes, we "should've" beaten Lindale by a bunch more points, but we made critical mistakes at critical points in the game that kept Lindale in it longer than they should've been.  Lindale is definitely no slouch of a team, and they play the game the right way.  They are well coached for sure.

If we make those kind of mistakes in the Carthage game..., let's just say it won't be pretty.  I think if we play with focus and discipline we can give them a very good game, and may even upset them if we don't make mistakes and Carthage does.  That being said, I would be tickled pink to see the Buckeyes play a complete game with focus and discipline, win or lose.  Carthage has been better than us for a few years now.  It's time we evened things up a bit.  Whether this is the team that's going to step up and play a good game against Carthage and let the chips fall where they may is yet to be seen.

Great post!👌

21 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

47 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Welcome to the club!  Translation: " Dawgs have had a good run but it's coming to an end. "  Take it with a grain of salt this guy picked against Dawgs in almost every Carthage game he picked last year.  He don't know.

this is not TRUE i am just sick and tired on reading on what SOME people not all put up on here about how GREAT Carthage is , YES there a fair football team with a good coach and stat champs  i  do not run CARTHAGE football down  hope you can read  this .

download (12).jpg

Just now, powerlifter said:

this is not TRUE i am just sick and tired on reading on what SOME people not all put up on here about how GREAT Carthage is , YES there a fair football team with a good coach and stat champs  i  do not run CARTHAGE football down  hope you can read  this .

download (12).jpg

A "fair" football team? 😂🤣 

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

A "fair" football team? 😂🤣 

This is the kind of ridiculousness that makes me think he's just trying to push buttons.  You can say all you want about WOS.  You can say Carthage hasn't looked good this season.  You can bring out stats and heights and weights, but just to say some BS about being a "fair" football team with a good coach.  He's gotta be trying to get under some skin.  This season's team is yet to prove they are great, but that goes for every team at this point in the season.  When you talk recent history in Texas High School Football, there are few schools that can match the Dawgs pedigree.  WOS ain't in that club.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

download (12).jpg

You're delusional.  "Fair football team?"  Hahahaha

And YES,  it's true.  If I wanted to waste my time doing so,  I could lookup your posts from last season.  You might have picked Dawgs for one game in playoffs.  Carry on sir!

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

This is the kind of ridiculousness that makes me think he's just trying to push buttons.  You can say all you want about WOS.  You can say Carthage hasn't looked good this season.  You can bring out stats and heights and weights, but just to say some BS about being a "fair" football team with a good coach.  He's gotta be trying to get under some skin.  This season's team is yet to prove they are great, but that goes for every team at this point in the season.  When you talk recent history in Texas High School Football, there are few schools that can match the Dawgs pedigree.  WOS ain't in that club.

He tickled my funny bone that's all he accomplished!  Hahaha just hillarious!

4 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Him and Lion are cousins……Lion has admitted such……..So take that into consideration when you read his posts. 

Carthage are the Champs and deserves to be until further notice.. with that being said I have no further words when it comes to them... All I know is that Gilmer is ready to play Idc about what has happened in the past few years... it's a new season with 2 new teams.. Let's get it on Friday night!!!

42 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

You're delusional.  "Fair football team?"  Hahahaha

And YES,  it's true.  If I wanted to waste my time doing so,  I could lookup your posts from last season.  You might have picked Dawgs for one game in playoffs.  Carry on sir!

where do i go to find my post from last time young man  you are trying to start a war  cool it pal

44 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Him and Lion are cousins……Lion has admitted such……..So take that into consideration when you read his posts. 

oh my my a powerlifter  i need to go where you find all your info there are alot of people that would like to go there .

lord-help-me-judge-judy.gif

13 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

where do i go to find my post from last time young man  you are trying to start a war  cool it pal

I'm not starting anything, much less a war.  I'm just trying to provide a reality check for you. "Fair team?"  "Good team?"  Hahaha!  Dude there's only one or two programs in the whole state at any classification that are on par with the Dawgs the last 10-15 years,  and WOS sure isn't one of them.

8 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I'm not starting anything, much less a war.  I'm just trying to provide a reality check for you. "Fair team?"  "Good team?"  Hahaha!  Dude there's only one or two programs in the whole state at any classification that are on par with the Dawgs the last 10-15 years,  and WOS sure isn't one of them.

do your home work

1 hour ago, powerlifter said:

this is not TRUE i am just sick and tired on reading on what SOME people not all put up on here about how GREAT Carthage is , YES there a fair football team with a good coach and stat champs  i  do not run CARTHAGE football down  hope you can read  this 

Don’t worry about having to hear about it because Carthage won’t get a chance to play WOS this year. They will get thumped by China Spring before a potential matchup with the Dawgs just like last year.