GILMER AT CARTHAGE

Sportsguru02

GILMER AT CARTHAGE  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, powerlifter said:

over the 10-15 years 3a   who did you play go look up wo-s record for  the last 10-15 years  wish we could play teams that you played  

Name those powerhouse programs that WOS beat that Carthage couldn't compete with.

You realize that during the time they were 3A, WOS was 3A also?  In 2013 Carthage beat WOS on their way to a 3a D1 State Championship!  You are talking like WOS didn't have the opportunity to win those years because they were playing much tougher competition...they were playing the same teams!!!!

2010 both teams were in the 3A D2 playoff bracket when WOS lost to power house Brookshire Royal...

2009, same bracket...WOS first round exit...Carthage won a title

I'm trying to leave this alone, but you keep talking nonsense...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

I am curious. what is the "alot more" you speak of? obviously, the qbs are well versed with Surratts " system" by the time they are even considered to be starting Varsity qb.

According to coach Surratt, the QB has to be able to change the play at the line of scrimmage, recognize  how the defense is lining up, no where everyone is supposed be lined up. Basically prove they are a coach on the field. Coach Surratt runs a sophisticated NFL pro style offense. 

3 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Ok great, now that this fool is done with his nonsense. Lol

Gilmer at Carthage. Every year when this came comes around there is an entirely different kind of feeling in the air at the game. You can just feel the electricity.  Carthage and Gilmer need to have a forever  pact/contract that they will always play a game. Its the cream of the crop.

MIKE did you call me a fool hummm look into what fool means

200k-followers-group-business-people-600w-1793112043.webp 200k-followers-group-business-people-600w-1793112043.webp

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

I did. And I stand by it. Case in point, your attachments just now, that make no sense.  I am 100% sure you have no idea what you are doing 99% of the time. lol

I really do expect this to be a great game.  I think Gilmer's offense will be very difficult to stop.  They are very dynamic.  Carthage will need to get pressure with their front 4 routinely while maintaining gap assignments to prevent being gashed by QB scrambles.  The receivers are very dangerous. 

Offensively, Carthage really needs to get the ground game going.  They may can win a shootout through the air, but it will be better to be able to run the ball, in this game and going forward.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I did. And I stand by it. Case in point, your attachments just now, that make no sense.  I am 100% sure you have no idea what you are doing 99% of the time. lol

look up what the word fool means before you get to deep  i have been warned about you now i do see what they me i will think about this fool thing  oh and by the way don't start up  a fight i will not go there

• Roll Eyes 1

Just now, powerlifter said:

look up what the word fool means before you get to deep  i have been warned about you now i do see what they me i will think about this fool thing  oh and by the way don't start up  a fight i will not go there

A fool is a silly person.  You are silly my dude.  

I wish we could have this conversation in person so that I could speak very slowly and clearly, using short sentences and making eye contact.  I would then give you plenty of time to respond so that you did not feel pressured. 

Also, you are safe here. I am sorry you are upset.

you are trying to get me banned so others tell me

That's not true Power, don't let some evildoer poison the well.  Why would I want you banned?  When people think of the greatest duos in all of history you and I are up there with Batman and Robin.  I am batman though, just to be clear.  You are the boy wonder.  But there is nothing wrong with that.  

you are trying to get me banned so others tell me

Just now, mikehoncho said:

A fool is a silly person.  You are silly my dude.  

I wish we could have this conversation in person so that I could speak very slowly and clearly, using short sentences and making eye contact.  I would then give you plenty of time to respond so that you did not feel pressured. 

Also, you are safe here. I am sorry you are upset.

slang   for fool

Just now, mikehoncho said:

That's not true Power, don't let some evildoer poison the well.  Why would I want you banned?  When people think of the greatest duos in all of history you and I are up there with Batman and Robin.  I am batman though, just to be clear.  You are the boy wonder.  But there is nothing wrong with that.  

lets be friends my wife is not doing well i don't need no more on my plat

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

I really do expect this to be a great game.  I think Gilmer's offense will be very difficult to stop.  They are very dynamic.  Carthage will need to get pressure with their front 4 routinely while maintaining gap assignments to prevent being gashed by QB scrambles.  The receivers are very dangerous. 

Offensively, Carthage really needs to get the ground game going.  They may can win a shootout through the air, but it will be better to be able to run the ball, in this game and going forward.

The Gilmer RB is also very dangerous. He played JV most of last year as a Soph and got moved up to varsity during the playoffs.  He has great vision, has patience and follows his blockers well, and has explosive speed.  Better account for him too!

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

The Gilmer RB is also very dangerous. He played JV most of last year as a Soph and got moved up to varsity during the playoffs.  He has great vision, has patience and follows his blockers well, and has explosive speed.  Better account for him too!

Him and tennison are first cousins lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

According to coach Surratt, the QB has to be able to change the play at the line of scrimmage, recognize  how the defense is lining up, no where everyone is supposed be lined up. Basically prove they are a coach on the field. Coach Surratt runs a sophisticated NFL pro style offense. 

so basically like I said. well versed with Coach's system.  and no young man in highschool is gonna learn that  on the fly his senior year. 

what I am saying for that particular offense a young man will have had some experience running it before competing for starter status .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I was thinking Thelma & Louise. 😂😂 (Mike ya know you are my pal) I couldn't resist.

power lifter 🏋️♀️ you should love nature despite what it has done to you.

Gilmer would love to be the team that ends Carthage 32 game win streak.

Carthage really needs to get the run game going in this one to be able to help shorten the game and help out the D. Carthage can definitely get some stops but you can’t expect the Carthage D to completely shut down Gilmer’s offense. 

• Like 2