Beckville Bearcats vs Carlisle Indians

Treadnwater

1 minute ago, Cat51993 said:

Never did not have the lead in the WS game. Never was behind. Didn't have to count on injuries or turnovers. Which I believe is part of the game.  Did the cats look great all night? No but even good teams have off nights. 

Carlise will be ready. Like Joaquin that are we coached teams every year.

Perhaps the score was reported wrongly..... It was 14-14 and even 21-21 at half is what was reported before B’ville pulled away in 2nd half

I’m curious about that game. I know Beckville had a couple of turnovers in the first half that probably kept WS in the game. Was WS running some stuff that Beckville maybe wasn’t prepared for and they adjusted at halftime? That’s kinda what it looks like to me based on them getting three first half scores and then shut out in the second half. 

9 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Wrong.  2 backs over 100 and qb had 70.  And hes completing a high percentage of his passes.  

Now the qb is a decent runner, but I don’t think he can take a game over like the speedy back I’m talking about. Don’t recall his name, but I know he’s a youngster. 

8 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

Yeah but they have another back averaging over 10 a carry as well.  #22 Bo Hammons.  Plus the qb plus a good downfield receiver averaging over 20 yards a reception.   They got some dogs.  

I hear ya. But they should have multiple kids dominating with the schedule they’ve played thus far. One respectable opponent in Joaquin who had their number pretty much all game. I feel Joe holds that lead 9 outta 10 times in that same situation. But I’ll give them that comeback. They did that. However, they’re in probably the weakest district and won’t be tested again until the playoffs. Carlisle vs Beckville will be for 1st place. Not saying they’re push overs, but I believe there are a few teams in the Region capable of beating them. And Carlisle is one of those because they are gritty and will definitely not lay down like some of these others. 

4 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

I picked Carlisle to win.   

Yeah I’m picking them to win just because I like “upsets” and because I kinda like the blue Injuns. That school and community were both very classy and loving to us in a certain moment in time and that will always be with me personally. But will I be surprised if Beckville wins? Absolutely not. They’ve got athletes, and some good ones,  but if I’m coaching  I’m taking my chances with damage caused by any combination of athletes they have that does not include that specific RB lol.

On 9/20/2021 at 7:57 AM, upullinmychain said:

Still can help but wonder about the chemistry of this Indian team,if our dude hadn't become a starter for the lobos..was really gonna be interesting year for our defense.was an absolute game changer in 2A ball..🤷‍♂️ That being said,he's where he needs to be and we surely wish him well and a great future with promise. Our Indians can win Friday,but gonna need a few breaks...may be the best 0-3 team in the region...lol

You're talking about Carpenter, right? Solid kid. Great family. 

12 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I hear ya. But they should have multiple kids dominating with the schedule they’ve played thus far. One respectable opponent in Joaquin who had their number pretty much all game. I feel Joe holds that lead 9 outta 10 times in that same situation. But I’ll give them that comeback. They did that. However, they’re in probably the weakest district and won’t be tested again until the playoffs. Carlisle vs Beckville will be for 1st place. Not saying they’re push overs, but I believe there are a few teams in the Region capable of beating them. And Carlisle is one of those because they are gritty and will definitely not lay down like some of these others. 

Joe up 39-20 with 3:00 left in 3rd. Joaquin RB2 gets injured on long run. He’s also LB2..... so Joe is our RB1/LB1 and RB2/LB2.... missing 3 other kids already. Moved kids around and Joe ran out of gas from lack of bodies and early season game..... not making excuses but just presenting context on the outcome. B’ville sensed blood in the water and took over the game late. Joaquin had 500yds offense and lost.... but where I differ is I think B’ville QB is absolute stud and on defense is as impressive downhill tackler as I’ve seen. His power run game and the way they move young playmaker around is a dangerous combo. It will take an excellent game by Carlisle to pull out a close victory but I think much like WS game B’ville will pull away late and win by 10-14 pts...... but I won’t be shocked if Carlisle gets upset victory either. Oughta be good game 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

You're talking about Carpenter, right? Solid kid. Great family. 

As fine a young man as you'll ever meet,parents are great people and kid has excellent trajectory 👀sure hope Mr king and company get him next level,you could see it in him in eight grade,some people it's evident early on they have potential for next level stuff.amd man did he fill out over the summer 

..lol ✌️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

As fine a young man as you'll ever meet,parents are great people and kid has excellent trajectory 👀sure hope Mr king and company get him next level,you could see it in him in eight grade,some people it's evident early on they have potential for next level stuff.amd man did he fill out over the summer 

..lol ✌️

His name is Xaryus Sheppard 6'1" 225 lbs. also he we turning into a pretty solid Basketball player.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

If Carlisle can limit the Beckville RB I like their chances. Didn’t see too much else that absolutely wows me about them. No disrespect, but you have to stop that RB to be successful. 

You might watch a little film on them before you think the rb is all they have. But every one has an opinion.  

5 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Well I gave you mine..so that’s that lol

#2, Jacoby Williams is a game changer for sure. But if you don’t know who Ryan Harris is, you’re missing out. That kid is as good a football player as I’ve seen in quite some time, on both sides of the ball. Go ahead and load up to stop #2. #9 will have you asking yourself “What was I thinking?”

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

#2, Jacoby Williams is a game changer for sure. But if you don’t know who Ryan Harris is, you’re missing out. That kid is as good a football player as I’ve seen in quite some time, on both sides of the ball. Go ahead and load up to stop #2. #9 will have you asking yourself “What was I thinking?”

You are correct, the both will have to be mirrored, and it will still be hard to stop.