3A DIVISION 2 district 12

corrigancamden09

28 minutes ago, NewtonBaller02 said:

Can NW hang with you guys this year?

Man I believe if we stay healthy and keep playing hard we will take them this year !  But i look for it to be a good game! Of course I’m a homer .. lol I bleed blue

Up until last year CC usually beat NW and Hemphill every year..  NW beat us in 08 and 09 but after that we kinda had their number..  we lost to a lot of teams last year for the first time !    Learning that new system was a booger... but they are starting to figure it out!  

1 hour ago, NewtonBaller02 said:

My buddies are thinking that will be our toughest game, but it looks like yall have some studs

We got some some pretty good Athletes,   But thing that impresses me the most is the heart they have..  they never quit !  And they are in good shape..  but that’s just from all of them playing both ways 

6 minutes ago, NewtonBaller02 said:

who you got this week?

I got newton over Anderson-shiro 

I got Hemphill over kountze 

and that warren vs new waverly could be closer than people think..  warren lost a RB Friday night to a broken leg so that will hurt them some ..  I don’t believe new waverly is as good as last year ..   I had my suspicions  when centerville beat them ,  this is just my opinion but I believe they get 4th seed this year ,  with Hemphill taking 3rd .. 

On 9/20/2021 at 7:46 PM, TDJ89 said:

When was the last time Newton didn't win this district?

7 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I got newton over Anderson-shiro 

I got Hemphill over kountze 

and that warren vs new waverly could be closer than people think..  warren lost a RB Friday night to a broken leg so that will hurt them some ..  I don’t believe new waverly is as good as last year ..   I had my suspicions  when centerville beat them ,  this is just my opinion but I believe they get 4th seed this year ,  with Hemphill taking 3rd .. 

I may be wrong here, but I believe the last time Newton didn't win their District was in 1974. Hampshire Fannett won the District, and Newton was runner up. Back then only two teams representated the District in the playoffs. Newton, played Hampshire in the playoffs, and beat them like ten to seven, or something that close.

Newton went on from there and won State against Spearman. If anybody else has better information le us know. That's a fun thing to peruse.

56 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

I may be wrong here, but I believe the last time Newton didn't win their District was in 1974. Hampshire Fannett won the District, and Newton was runner up. Back then only two teams representated the District in the playoffs. Newton, played Hampshire in the playoffs, and beat them like ten to seven, or something that close.

Newton went on from there and won State against Spearman. If anybody else has better information le us know. That's a fun thing to peruse.

None of what I posted is accurate. It looks like 1993 was the last time. It was hard to tell for sure. The records up until 2005 were pretty sketchy. I obsessed over this only because it was a fun exercise.

thanks for asking.

1 hour ago, Newtonres7586 said:

None of what I posted is accurate. It looks like 1993 was the last time. It was hard to tell for sure. The records up until 2005 were pretty sketchy. I obsessed over this only because it was a fun exercise.

thanks for asking.

Ok, when was the last time Newton lost a district game?

2 hours ago, NewtonBaller said:

New Waverly didn’t separate themselves from the pack like I thought they would, but I also can’t buy into the CC and HH hype after the close loss to Kountze last night. Maybe HH and CC are just equally not that good?

I see you changed your 02 .. lol I’ve had you pegged from the beginning...  

please tell me what HH losing has anything to do with CC???????   We beat Hemphill!!  Give us a chance to play kountze first!  

The problem is new waverly ain’t as good as you’d like them to be this year