Joaquin Rams (2-2) @ Clarksville Tigers (2-2)

trueblue82

Joaquin Rams @ Clarksville Tigers   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Tigers?

• Joaquin Rams
    • Clarksville Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/25/2021 at 12:00 AM

In a battle of teams looking to crack the .500 mark for the first time this season, the Joaquin Rams will head north to Clarksville to take on the Tigers on Friday night. The Tigers have suffered two blowout losses while playing up two divisions (Whitewright and Prairiland), while getting a blowout win over Tom Bean and a hard fought victory over Linden-Kildare (both AA D1). The Rams opened with consecutive close losses to Beckville (4-0) and Elysian Fields (3-1) before righting the ship with blowout wins over Groveton (0-3) and Ore City (1-3). Clarksville appears to be more athletic than either of the teams the Rams have beaten. Our pass defense should get another healthy workout before taking a week off to prep for district play. It’s gonna make for a long road trip Friday night. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Honestly I’m willing to bet Clarksville is more athletic than either of our last two opponents. I still expect us to have a big advantage in the trenches. 

Maybe more athletic than previous 2 teams but no where near as athletic as first 2 teams that Joaquin played neck n neck with 

I got Joaquin in this one.  Wonder if Clarksville has changed things up from when we faced them in a playoff game, 2015 or 2016.  I know one game isn't a good sample size but it's all I have.  Plenty of athletic skill guys and their O/D lines looked to be fairly stout.  Pre-game we thought this could be a tough one.  What did Clarksville in was poor technique and undisciplined play.  If they would have executed well we would have had a heck of a game on our hands.  Kind of forgot about them until I ran across this thread.

Hope it's a good one Friday.

32 minutes ago, Bonecrushr said:

I got Joaquin in this one.  Wonder if Clarksville has changed things up from when we faced them in a playoff game, 2015 or 2016.  I know one game isn't a good sample size but it's all I have.  Plenty of athletic skill guys and their O/D lines looked to be fairly stout.  Pre-game we thought this could be a tough one.  What did Clarksville in was poor technique and undisciplined play.  If they would have executed well we would have had a heck of a game on our hands.  Kind of forgot about them until I ran across this thread.

Hope it's a good one Friday.

They are basically the same......beat em 50-60 to 0 last few years 

10 hours ago, GreaseLightning said:

Through 4 games Joaquin avg 410yds per game rushing....And that’s missing 2 starters for multiple games..... Couple years ago they avg 360yds per game when Joe had state participants in backfield.....

What was the yardage for last Friday and if you can get it what was yards for each back. Thank you

Don't think they got wifi in a outhouse yet,least they didn't when I lived there 🤷‍♂️...jk...most up there don't really care much for football anymore,mostly all about roundball and they good at it...was a time cville was a 3a school and pretty good in all sports,but time and the economy have mostly passed red river County bye 👀