Threats against members of Congress are skyrocketing. It's changing the job

Monte1076

10 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I was about to ask if any of the previous posters on here had ever opened a history book.......

10 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

Our founding fathers didn't settle for discussions and debates with their oppressors.   They loaded guns and shot them. 

Have either of you physically threatened any Texas Republican politicians you don't agree with?

13 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

Our founding fathers didn't settle for discussions and debates with their oppressors.   They loaded guns and shot them. 

Thank goodness for the internet so that we can save this for Greezy’s criminal trial. But my best guess is that he’s just an internet tough guy and nothing more. 

On 9/20/2021 at 1:43 PM, EnjoyLife said:

There is no place for this kind of thing in the US. Dont like their policies...vote them out. This is supposed to be the greatest country on earth...not a banana republic.

Having no Term Limits is a very large part of the problem, but no one will propose a bill, nor would it pass if they did.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Yep. Lobbying (legalized bribery) is also a huge problem. 

One could argue that political donations are a form of bribery. Or at the very least a hope for a Quid Pro Quo, i.e., "I'm giving you this money in hopes you'll do something for me".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

One could argue that political donations are a form of bribery. Or at the very least a hope for a Quid Pro Quo, i.e., "I'm giving you this money in hopes you'll do something for me".

Maybe so...but there is a difference between you or me giving $10 or $25 or $100 to a candidate...and (for example) the pharma industry spending $89,000,000 a year on lobbying like they did in 2020.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Maybe so...but there is a difference between you or me giving $10 or $25 or $100 to a candidate...and (for example) the pharma industry spending $89,000,000 a year on lobbying like they did in 2020.

That’s 10% of what Biden cheerfully handed over to the Taliban when he tucked tail & ran.

• Like 1

Maybe Maxine should have went to jail for this then. Remember 2 republicans were shot at a baseball game during this time. Its funny it was ok to encourage violence during this time but now it is a problem.  

https://globalnews.ca/video/4295094/maxine-waters-calls-on-citizens-to-harass-trump-administration-officials-in-public

Or this woman 

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article167755572.html

Seems the problem could have been corrected back in 2016 - 2019. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Which is EXACTLY why they are pushing the vaccine!