Timpson @ James Bowie

Bear9T1

It’s not fair but it’s the price ya pay for being a good team nowadays. From what I’ve heard and read our staff has a really hard time filling out our schedule the past few years and teams are canceling cuz 1-2 key players may be out instead of just playing the game....once this was introduced it gives less competitive programs an easy out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreaseLightning said:

It’s not fair but it’s the price ya pay for being a good team nowadays. From what I’ve heard and read our staff has a really hard time filling out our schedule the past few years and teams are canceling cuz 1-2 key players may be out instead of just playing the game....once this was introduced it gives less competitive programs an easy out

Hopefully they can find something today if not...there’s another week down the drain 

21 minutes ago, darktower said:

Play the game with what you got and live with it--We could have very easily cancelled our last three games with anywhere from 4-10 starters out yet we took our lumps and played anyway

If you think a coach wants to cancel a game you really don't get it.  Most times that decision is made by Admin.  

If they do cancel it has nothing to do with competition level, it is about what is best for their kids and community.

1 minute ago, coachc45 said:

If you think a coach wants to cancel a game you really don't get it.  Most times that decision is made by Admin.  

If they do cancel it has nothing to do with competition level, it is about what is best for their kids and community.

Cancel culture 

• Like 1

It is a noble cause when I team comes to play knowing that they are fixing to get stomped. I have played on teams that got stomped 1970/71 for example new coach arrives and we still don't win a game 71/72 next year 10-0 72/73. I said that to say this you should play the game because the experience for those young men is very important. I want to play you because you are good and if I live I will learn a valuable lesson and that lesson is I am not very good right now hopefully we will get better in the future. if Covid is not romping through your football team you should show up to play. Good luck Timpson finding a game this late. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

It is a noble cause when I team comes to play knowing that they are fixing to get stomped. I have played on teams that got stomped 1970/71 for example new coach arrives and we still don't win a game 71/72 next year 10-0 72/73. I said that to say this you should play the game because the experience for those young men is very important. I want to play you because you are good and if I live I will learn a valuable lesson and that lesson is I am not very good right now hopefully we will get better in the future. if Covid is not romping through your football team you should show up to play. Good luck Timpson finding a game this late. 

Yes sir!!! Amen!!!

21 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I hear you.  But like I said, its not always the coach's decision.  As a coach I will show up and play with 15 kids, but it ain't always my choice.  I have bosses and if they say cancel....we cancel.  

It blows that Timpson is getting canceled on, but small towns can't absorb losses to Covid like bigger towns.  Bowie is getting a spike in cases in the town and the team.  Stepp might not have said that's why the game is canceled, but I guarantee the coaches at Timpson know that is the reason.  99% of the games being canceled this year are for Covid.  Hopefully Timpson doesn't have to deal with it this year, but if it does happen hopefully the fan base of the other school won't come on and dog them for being quitters.

7 minutes ago, coachc45 said:

I hear you.  But like I said, its not always the coach's decision.  As a coach I will show up and play with 15 kids, but it ain't always my choice.  I have bosses and if they say cancel....we cancel.  

It blows that Timpson is getting canceled on, but small towns can't absorb losses to Covid like bigger towns.  Bowie is getting a spike in cases in the town and the team.  Stepp might not have said that's why the game is canceled, but I guarantee the coaches at Timpson know that is the reason.  99% of the games being canceled this year are for Covid.  Hopefully Timpson doesn't have to deal with it this year, but if it does happen hopefully the fan base of the other school won't come on and dog them for being quitters.

No body’s dogging the young men or even the coaches!  it’s the soft administrations at some of the schools that don’t have a back bone anymore.  Cancel culture does no one any good...

8 minutes ago, Bear9T1 said:

No body’s dogging the young men or even the coaches!  it’s the soft administrations at some of the schools that don’t have a back bone anymore.  Cancel culture does no one any good...

I get it.... you are frustrated.  But if i have 20 on my roster and 6 are covid positive, then is it in my kids best interest to show up with 14 players for a Varsity game?  I'm not even sure if that would be allowed.

Not sure that is the case in Sims, but sometimes you have to look at it differently when parents put you in charge of kids health and safety.

With Covid if you have 6 kids test positive on Tuesday and Wednesday, it would make sense that you could very possibly have more the next day.  By canceling Wednesday Timpson has the chance to find an opponent.  If they "waited to see" and had to cancel Thursday afternoon or Friday, wouldn't that put Timpson in even more of a bad situation?  

4 minutes ago, coachc45 said:

I get it.... you are frustrated.  But if i have 20 on my roster and 6 are covid positive, then is it in my kids best interest to show up with 14 players for a Varsity game?  I'm not even sure if that would be allowed.

Not sure that is the case in Sims, but sometimes you have to look at it differently when parents put you in charge of kids health and safety.

With Covid if you have 6 kids test positive on Tuesday and Wednesday, it would make sense that you could very possibly have more the next day.  By canceling Wednesday Timpson has the chance to find an opponent.  If they "waited to see" and had to cancel Thursday afternoon or Friday, wouldn't that put Timpson in even more of a bad situation?  

I think New Diana has 17 kids on their varsity this year.(3a) I really don’t know all of the rules on that but what’s done is done.  Neither of us two will solve the worlds issues at this point today lol.   Good luck moving forward coach.  👍

39 minutes ago, coachc45 said:

I wish JB well, Covid is very dangerous and this mess seems to spread like wild fire. 

Don't know much about Frankston but everyone on here keeps saying Frankston is soft, Frankston is a cupcake, Frankston is a dumpster fire (Although I think they have had the same staff for several years now). Lol at this point everyone in Timpson should be happy with Frankston, at least they showed up to the game!

2 hours ago, coachc45 said:

BS. I'm not from Timpson and I'm ####.

• Like 1