THE SDC STAFF TOP 10 FOR WEEK 4

RETIREDFAN1

Iowa and Penn State both ahead of A&M? I didn’t know there were so many cheese curd eating, “ohyoubetchanowers” running around the boards. Death to the BCS!!! Mr. Gorbachev tear down this computer wall separating A&M from their rightful place in the top 5.*

* In complete transparency, here’s my top 10. 

1. Alabama

2. Georgia 

3. Oregon

4. Oklahoma 

5. Iowa

6. Texas A&M

7. Penn State

8. Florida

9. Clemson

10. Cincinnati

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Iowa and Penn State both ahead of A&M? I didn’t know there were so many cheese curd eating, “ohyoubetchanowers” running around the boards. Death to the BCS!!! Mr. Gorbachev tear down this computer wall separating A&M from their rightful place in the top 5.

Haven't you heard... A&M gave up 200 yards rushing to Kent St. Arkansas and bama gonna run for at least tree fiddy 

• LOL! 3

20 minutes ago, LOL said:

I feel like Oklahoma's value is majorly inflated, while Florida is extremely undervalued. OU's gonna drop at least two games this season, while Florida is starting to find itself. 

Florida was the team I went back and forth the most with. Wins over FAU and South Florida. Close loss against the #1 team. I had them as high as 6. Probably where I should have left them.

If I took off the maroon sunglasses, I’d flip A&M and Penn State. Road win against #12 Wisconsin. Home win against #22 Auburn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Iowa and Penn State both ahead of A&M? I didn’t know there were so many cheese curd eating, “ohyoubetchanowers” running around the boards. Death to the BCS!!! Mr. Gorbachev tear down this computer wall separating A&M from their rightful place in the top 5.*

Yeah, I had A&M ahead of Iowa and Penn State as well, and I reeeaaalllllly don't know how so many people still have OU in their Top 5. I mean, really? Are y'all watching the same Sooners I am? We're slowly turning into an average SEC team from the 90's: good defense, solid running game, mediocre QB. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Haven't you heard... A&M gave up 200 yards rushing to Kent St. Arkansas and bama gonna run for at least tree fiddy 

I can’t wait for this game on Saturday. It’s a statement game. If you want a seat at the big boy table, you have to over come the adversity and win these type of games. If we took the next step like we feel Jimbo has with this program, we beat Arkansas by more than the 5 point spread.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Well it was about that time that I noticed that WETSU was a giant crustacean from the Paleolithic Era. That's right, it was the Loch Ness Monsta. 

• LOL! 1
  • Grumpy 1

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Florida was the team I went back and forth the most with. Wins over FAU and South Florida. Close loss against the #1 team. I had them as high as 6. Probably where I should have left them.

In a head-to-head matchup, Florida beats OU like a drum. Forget about the bowl game. That was last year. They've improved. Our prima donna has regressed. 

5 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, I had A&M ahead of Iowa and Penn State as well, and I reeeaaalllllly don't know how so many people still have OU in their Top 5. I mean, really? Are y'all watching the same Sooners I am? We're slowly turning into an average SEC team from the 90's: good defense, solid running game, mediocre QB. 

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I’m going to post this and duck. I’m not sure if Rattler is the best QB right now for OU.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stoney said:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia 
3. Oregon
4. Oklahoma 
5. Iowa
6. Texas A&M
7. Penn State
8. Florida
9. Clemson
10. Cincinnati

You have Iowa… IOWA… over the only Texas school in your top 10…. Man card revoked

• LOL! 3

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I’m going to post this and duck. I’m not sure if Rattler is the best QB right now for OU.

Not really a bold position within Sooner fandom. There's already calls to give the freshman a shot. Word 'round the campfire is that he was the more impressive QB this summer. Rattler has is experience and familiarity with the playbook, which is important, but Williams has a clear advantage in athleticism. Those piddly 3- and 5-yard scrambles Rattler makes would be 20-yard runs by Williams. Oh sure, Rattler has a much stronger arm...  but what good does it do if he throws beautiful 50-yard spirals that are incomplete? 

Inasmuch as I'm already considering 2021 a "building year," I think we start Williams and let Rattler transfer portal to Arizona State. 

6 minutes ago, LOL said:

Not really a bold position within Sooner fandom. There's already calls to give the freshman a shot. Word 'round the campfire is that he was the more impressive QB this summer. Rattler has is experience and familiarity with the playbook, which is important, but Williams has a clear advantage in athleticism. Those piddly 3- and 5-yard scrambles Rattler makes would be 20-yard runs by Williams. Oh sure, Rattler has a much stronger arm...  but what good does it do if he throws beautiful 50-yard spirals that are incomplete? 

Inasmuch as I'm already considering 2021 a "building year," I think we start Williams and let Rattler transfer portal to Arizona State. 

Couple games I’ve watched Tulane and last week. He’s inconsistent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Couple games I’ve watched Tulane and last week. He’s inconsistent.

Worse than that: he doesn't do the simple things well. 

I'd settle for him being a Landry Jones type QB: average talent, but productive overall. But he's not even that.

Dude thinks he's Baker Mayfield but he's not even a Cale Gundy.  

41 minutes ago, Stoney said:

1. Alabama
2. Georgia 
3. Oregon
4. Oklahoma 
5. Iowa
6. Texas A&M
7. Penn State
8. Florida
9. Clemson
10. Cincinnati

Iowa and Penn State have both beaten 2 ranked teams already, and looked very good doing it. A&M has beaten, well Kent State. As it is today, they’re both deserving of their respected spots.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Personally, I think Florida will beat Georgia, but until that actually happens, Georgia is still ahead of them.

I concur.

Georgia's defense has some ridiculous talent, but I think Florida's perimeter speed matches up well. I think that's gonna be a helluva game, with Florida pulling away. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Iowa and Penn State have both beaten 2 ranked teams already, and looked very good doing it. A&M has beaten, well Kent State. As it is today, they’re both deserving of their respected spots.

I’m just used to the social media “SEC bias bump in the rankings” conspiracy theory. Looking at all three’s opponents so far, A&M has had the weaker schedule.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I’m just used to the social media “SEC bias bump in the rankings” conspiracy theory. Looking at all three’s opponents so far, A&M has had the weaker schedule.

Penn State seems to be for real this season, as far as the "eye test" goes. I think they trounce Ohio State and Iowa. 

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I don't think there's any 1 team that is the clear favorite right now. This years field seems more open than I've seen in a while. So while there are some teams that I don't think should be as high as others (OU for example), I find myself asking this question, 'well, who should be ahead of them (not OU, per say, just in general)?'. 

2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I don't think there's any 1 team that is the clear favorite right now. This years field seems more open than I've seen in a while. So while there are some teams that I don't think should be as high as others (OU for example), I find myself asking this question, 'well, who should be ahead of them (not OU, per say, just in general)?'. 

I agree. This might be the most wide open season we’ve had in a long time. It used to be a lock that 3 spots were taken: Bama, Ohio State, Clemson. All three teams have looked mortal. Bama looked beatable against Florida. Tulsa hung with Ohio State. Clemson scraped by Georgia Tech. OU has looked the same as those 3 but they won. Until they don’t I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Oregon top 3, top 4 team? Okay. Iowa and Penn State top 5 teams? Okay. Florida might be the best 1 loss team in the country. I couldn’t argue with anybody putting them top 5.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I agree. This might be the most wide open season we’ve had in a long time. It used to be a lock that 3 spots were taken: Bama, Ohio State, Clemson. All three teams have looked mortal. Bama looked beatable against Florida. Tulsa hung with Ohio State. Clemson scraped by Georgia Tech. OU has looked the same as those 3 but they won. Until they don’t I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Oregon top 3, top 4 team? Okay. Iowa and Penn State top 5 teams? Okay. Florida might be the best 1 loss team in the country. I couldn’t argue with anybody putting them top 5.

One thing that I think is being totally miscommunicated is the florida bama game. 

Florida looked very no doubt. But it was just as much if not more of Bama looking mortal. I've seen far too many people jump florida way up because of how good they looked yet look at bama schedule and are writing them in the playoffs if they can beat florida one more time. I personally saw many things that at least two possibly 3 more teams on the bama schedule have the talent and/ scheme to exploit if Bama doesn't improve. I'm not predicting those teams actually beat bama Im just saying that I believe they have far more weaknesses than we have seen in years. 

• Like 2