Principal Non Renewed (FIRED) From Next Year of Contract Because of CRT Accusations

BarryLaverty

And, the ridiculously asinine fallout continues, as I said it would. because of fearful, yet cowardly figures pushing their agenda to end discussion of racism or diversity of any kind. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beloved-black-principal-fired-ludicrous-192432679.html

Beloved Black Principal Fired in Ludicrous Critical Race Theory Spat

Brooke Leigh Howard

Facebook/James Whitfield

Facebook/James Whitfield

Parents, teachers, and students were furious when a beloved high school principal in Texas was suspended from his post at Colleyville High School last month. Dr. James Whitfield, the school’s first Black principal, was put on administrative leave after being accused of pushing critical race theory in the school’s curriculum. Now, it seems as if their attempts to save him were all in vain. On Monday night, the Grapevine Colleyville Independent School District voted unanimously to not renew Whitfield’s contract.

After a lengthy discussion about budgeting and tax rates, board members opened the floor to community members who had prepared speeches to share in support of Whitfield. After being warned from the board that there would be no “noise or clapping” during the segment, nearly three dozen attendees took to the podium on Whitfield’s behalf.

“I grew up in the Jim Crow South, and what’s going on here is not particularly new. It’s an old playbook,” one resident of Grapevine, who said she lived in the area for 10 years, said. “But to beat it, we need to start being very clear about what’s OK and what’s not OK—or we’re going to continue being bullied by a reactionary minority.

“It is not OK to make baseless accusations about what our schools are teaching, particularly when all you know about the topic is what’s been told by professional propagandists. It is not OK to demonstrate contempt for another human being by making salacious comments about his family… To the board: It is not OK to punish a respected educator for defending himself when you could not find the intestinal fortitude to defend him as you, yourself, should’ve done.”

The Right’s ‘Critical Race Theory’ Panic Is Pure Projection

During the summer of 2020 as a racial awakening swept the country after George Floyd protests, Whitfield wrote a letter to the academic community. In it, he said, “Education is the key to stomping out ignorance, hate, and systemic racism.”

That letter appeared to prompt accusations that he was pushing critical race theory in school.

In July, Whitfield was accused by a failed school board candidate of supporting critical race theory being taught in schools. Soon after, Whitfield was put on paid leave. The superintendent of Grapevine-Colleyville schools then submitted a request that Whitfield’s stint as principal of Colleyville Heritage High School would end.

There’s no evidence that critical race theory is part of the school curriculum and Whitfield has been adamant that he has not shown any public support for it.

After receiving the news, Whitfield said in a Facebook post, “I was not given any clear reasoning behind the decision and was not given a timetable regarding further steps. I was simply told that it was in the best interest of the district.”

Monday’s meeting was not the first time the community spoke out about what they said was unjust treatment of Whitfield. Students planned school walkouts, and parents have been vocal on social media about their support of Whitfield.

At Monday’s meeting, a graduate of Colleyville High School who said she also served for 15 years as the assistant coach for a couple of the district’s school’s debate teams, said: “Maya Angelou said, ‘When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.’ ...Dr. Whitfield has also shown us who he is: He is warm and welcoming to his students...he is also a man of principle. He has also shown us that he is willing to hold us accountable as a diverse community where white voices have long drown out diversity. ...We should all talk less and listen more to Dr. Whitfield.”

As applause broke out and the board had to remind attendees that there would be no noise of any kind, a district parent stood up to make a speech.

“I started a petition in support of this gentleman over here,” the woman said while pointing in the direction of Whitfield. “That petition now has 2200-plus signatures.”

Another parent—and an alumna of Grapevine High School—said that she loved growing up in the area “but what I’ve seen happening, it really makes me sad.” She continued, “[Whitfield] is known by his supporters as an enthusiastic educator—and not the CRT boogeyman. And speaking for him, he is being impugned even though we have a diversity advisory council for doing what the rest of the district and he should be doing.”

Nevertheless, the board approved Monday night that Whitfield’s contract would be terminated at the end of the current school year. He still has the opportunity to appeal the decision and lead Colleyville High School into the 2022-23 academic year. He will have to present evidence and a testimony to argue his case if he wants to start a new contract.

Critical race theory has become a point of contention for conservatives and racism truthers who find the theory to be anti-patriotic. It focuses on the ways racism has been systemic in American culture, how certain groups of people have benefited from it and how others have not. Though educators in the K-12 realm have been quick to attack the ideology, it’s usually mainly taught in law school settings.

Whitfield is the first Black principal of Colleyville High School’s 25-year history. He took the role in 2020.

because of fearful, yet cowardly figures pushing their agenda to end discussion of racism or diversity of any kind

Except that's not what's happening. It's not about "ending" any discussion of racism or diversity. It's about ending skewed discussions of said topics.

You're so versed in what CRT teaches...why don't you enlighten us?

It teaches that EVERYTIHING is racist, and everything is whitey's fault. It injects race into EVERYTHING, and that doesn't need to happen.

White going first in chess isn't racist (yes, there are people who believe that). Science isn't racist, neither is keeping a schedule or time or hard work.

I will say, though, that if they actually fired this guy with no proof, that does actually stink, and is very wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

Except that's not what's happening. It's not about "ending" any discussion of racism or diversity. It's about ending skewed discussions of said topics.

It teaches that EVERYTIHING is racist, and everything is whitey's fault. It injects race into EVERYTHING, and that doesn't need to happen.

White going first in chess isn't racist (yes, there are people who believe that). Science isn't racist, neither is keeping a schedule or time or hard work.

I will say, though, that if they actually fired this guy with no proof, that does actually stink, and is very wrong. 

He’ll probably sue for discrimination & walk away with lots of Green.... Everybody loves green 🤑

I really thought it was from the pictures others thought were a little to "risque"--then I heard this :poop: today. I don't know the guy, but I called a coaching buddy that works over there. This is mainly BS from a group of parents, who got "no where" with the picture thing, so they turned to an old email. But then again, that is all I know, I trust my friends opinion, but then he and I neither one know all the facts that were presented to the school board. 

The fascinating thing, Liberals try to impose CRT under the guise of race discussions when the fact is it’s white man bad.  My question to you fellow posters, do they know it’s about “white man bad” or are they just sheep repeating Liberal News talking points?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

The fascinating thing, Liberals try to impose CRT under the guise of race discussions when the fact is it’s white man bad.  My question to you fellow posters, do they know it’s about “white man bad” or are they just sheep repeating Liberal News talking points?

They know; They just don’t care. It’s in their DNA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

This is a question for you and everyone else. Y'all are saying this but can anyone produce an example of this in a high school lesson plan? When you do, can you make sure it's part of the CRT curriculum? Remember, I asked for a high school example. Everyone seems to complain about it but can't say what it is.

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This is a question for you and everyone else. Y'all are saying this but can anyone produce an example of this in a high school lesson plan? When you do, can you make sure it's part of the CRT curriculum? Remember, I asked for a high school example. Everyone seems to complain about it but can't say what it is.

Those defending it can't say what it is, either.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Just because it doesn't show up in the lesson plan, does NOT mean it is not being taught......trust me.....I KNOW.......

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I'm neither defending nor condemning. I see people at school board meetings condemning it more so than defending but none of them even knows what it looks like.

It doesn’t matter What it would look like. Critical Race Theory has NO PLACE in the Classroom. If you want to know what it looks like, go to California & see it.

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It doesn’t matter What it would look like. Critical Race Theory has NO PLACE in the Classroom. If you want to know what it looks like, go to California & see it.

How can you say that when you don't even know what it is or what it looks like? Please explain this one to me?

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

From what I have heard, it is racist indoctrination against whites; do you have any other information to the contrary?

Every time I see a story about it, some teacher or school is teaching, white man bad.  Teaching white kids to be ashamed of their skin color, or lack thereof.  That’s not teaching, that’s indoctrination.  Put whatever famous cover on it you want, it’s still 🐂💩 and wrong.  Imagine the outcry if black students were being taught black man bad.  Holy Moly, talk about insurrection.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

If CRT was factual then I would gladly welcome it into schools.  However it is not, and is absurdly laughable in it's myths.  

That should be all thats said about CRT. 

You cant just keep repeating a lie until it true. 

Principle went against school wishes. He may be the greatest guy in the world, I don't know him. Reality is he knew it was wrong, he did it anyway, he got let go. 

Only wished Colleges would do a way with Tenure so it could happen there