New Boston vs Gladewater 10/1/21

GWBears01

New Boston vs Gladewater  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, bearnation said:

Man I sure hope our offense plays the way they did in 2nd half vs Tatum the rest of the season... if we can just TAKE CARE OF THE FOOTBALL, we should have no issues scoring points 

NB the same way.  The second half against SB was all NB’s run game, they couldn’t stop it.  All honesty, should have been 48-34 final but the SB D stood strong and stopped us twice from 4th and inches.  If they’d played the first half the way the second went, not saying NB would have won but the score would have been more respectable. Cause we had no answer for #7

27 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

NB the same way.  The second half against SB was all NB’s run game, they couldn’t stop it.  All honesty, should have been 48-34 final but the SB D stood strong and stopped us twice from 4th and inches.  If they’d played the first half the way the second went, not saying NB would have won but the score would have been more respectable. Cause we had no answer for #7

Y’all will have fun with #2 this week if you thought #7 can run. 

31 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

I've seen them both and IMHO, #7 is more explosive and faster than #2.  Not saying #2 isn't either of those but I'll give the bigger edge to #7

Sorry man but DJ Allen would leave Jace Burns in his tracks if we are talking speed. You realize he came in 4th in the state in the 100m?  Jace is a heck of a QB and most likely the best Qb on the district (Tatums is good too) but DJ Allen is the fastest most explosive in the district. That’s why he has 24 D1 offers. 

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

Sorry man but DJ Allen would leave Jace Burns in his tracks if we are talking speed. You realize he came in 4th in the state in the 100m?  Jace is a heck of a QB and most likely the best Qb on the district (Tatums is good too) but DJ Allen is the fastest most explosive in the district. That’s why he has 24 D1 offers. 

Kudos to him and his offers, he is magical for sure.  But its still my opinion on explosiveness, plus track speed and pad speed are two different  

23 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

Kudos to him and his offers, he is magical for sure.  But its still my opinion on explosiveness, plus track speed and pad speed are two different  

Ok fair enough. I still say 24 division 1 colleges disagree with you tho 😂 Let’s see what you think after this week. 

6 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Ehhhhhh. If we held yalls offense to 28 I don’t see NB scoring much.  Their style offense is definitely different tho. 

I’m not predicting both of y’all to score a lot, just saying weird things happen sometimes. GW coming off win and NB coming off loss and GW not expecting NB to be any good could result in an unexpected result. GW should win comfortably but strange things happen sometimes. 

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I’m not predicting both of y’all to score a lot, just saying weird things happen sometimes. GW coming off win and NB coming off loss and GW not expecting NB to be any good could result in an unexpected result. GW should win comfortably but strange things happen sometimes. 

I’m hoping we can rest some players in the 4th. 

Just now, BearFan13 said:

What on earth lol 

Don't nail me to the stake for my opinion!  I know he's a GW boy so I don't fault you guys for taking his side.  I have nothing against #2 and I could(and probably will) have a different opinion on the comparison after Friday but for now, seeing them both (#2 on film) I'll stick to my guns

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

This statement has some weight to it cause, lets be honest, most teams will chalk NB's game up to a sure win.  At some point this is going to prove costly for that/those said teams.  I'm not saying this will happen with GW but it sure could, if they come in looking past NB.  NB's offense went from Dr. Jekel to Mr. Hide in the second half against Sabine, which still has everyone scratching their heads, as in, why didn't this happen in the first half??  So, if NB can find a rhythm on offence, make 6-7-8 minutes drive and limit GW from touching the football, this game could raise some eyebrows.  

Alright, go ahead and kill me like yall are doing on @kooldown54

12 minutes ago, soldier1 said:

This statement has some weight to it cause, lets be honest, most teams will chalk NB's game up to a sure win.  At some point this is going to prove costly for that/those said teams.  I'm not saying this will happen with GW but it sure could, if they come in looking past NB.  NB's offense went from Dr. Jekel to Mr. Hide in the second half against Sabine, which still has everyone scratching their heads, as in, why didn't this happen in the first half??  So, if NB can find a rhythm on offence, make 6-7-8 minutes drive and limit GW from touching the football, this game could raise some eyebrows.  

Alright, go ahead and kill me like yall are doing on @kooldown54

These are 15-18 year olds. Anything can happen. With that said NB hasn’t seen anything close to the size and team speed that GW has. No one is killing kooldown54 but to compare the speed and explosiveness of #7 and #2 is silly. Both are great players but anyone who has seen DJ Allen knows he’s faster and more explosive. I’d go as far as to say we probably have 3-4 players faster than #7. Burns is a capable runner but not a speedster.  I think even the Sabine folks would tell you the same.