New Boston vs Gladewater 10/1/21

GWBears01

New Boston vs Gladewater  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

This poll is closed to new votes

GW reminds me of the coveted quote from Bobby Boucher:  My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.” 

Mama said that's why GW so angry because they got all them athletes and D-1 offers with no chance of a Title! 

• LOL! 2

Just now, Racer55 said:

Yeah DF was in their way a couple times during those years.

If I remember right, think we split those several years with DF.  The 2 that stung the most was the infamous punt return from Mims and the goal line stance the year before from Melissa.  We win either of those two, we walked through to Jerry's world.

2 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

If I remember right, think we split those several years with DF.  The 2 that stung the most was the infamous punt return from Mims and the goal line stance the year before from Melissa.  We win either of those two, we walked through to Jerry's world.

I remember it would’ve been nice to see a WO vs NB state game, but we dropped the ball against yoe that year. Tale of 2 halves.

5 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

GW reminds me of the coveted quote from Bobby Boucher:  My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush.” 

Mama said that's why GW so angry because they got all them athletes and D-1 offers with no chance of a Title! 

That's funny right there!! 

Just now, Bclove05 said:

Wasn’t he a qb his freshman year and got moved up for the Sabine game do to an injury or something?

Yep Holmes had the flu and he made his first start that week in the mud pit. Played QB in GW system coming up and was switched to WR mid sophomore year 

1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

Yep Holmes had the flu and he made his first start that week in the mud pit. Played QB in GW system coming up and was switched to WR mid sophomore year 

That’s what I thought. He could be lethal in a RPO offense if had time to develop and was pretty accurate throwing the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

That’s what I thought. He could be lethal in a RPO offense if had time to develop and was pretty accurate throwing the ball. 

He was very accurate in the second half last week. They started running routes he was comfortable with instead of just throwing it deep. That’s what I hope to see more of. I just wish he was as fast as Burns 😢