# 5 Aubrey vs # 4 Celina

TCU44

Is Coach Moore still living? I know he’s a legend at Pilot Point and Celina, but didn’t he come out of retirement to coach Aubrey for a couple of years back in the late 2000’s? Outside of that one year in Sherman, he was able to stay in that area. I think he was able to put together a pretty nice ranch. To coach that many years with that much success and not have to move constantly was a real blessing. Hope he is still kicking and enjoying retirement. 

4 hours ago, BarryGoldwater said:

Is Coach Moore still living? I know he’s a legend at Pilot Point and Celina, but didn’t he come out of retirement to coach Aubrey for a couple of years back in the late 2000’s? Outside of that one year in Sherman, he was able to stay in that area. I think he was able to put together a pretty nice ranch. To coach that many years with that much success and not have to move constantly was a real blessing. Hope he is still kicking and enjoying retirement. 

Yep, Coach Moore is very much still living. He was just honored a couple weeks ago along with the rest of the 2001 Celina team that won a fourth consecutive state championship and set the state's all-time winning streak. Coach Ford was there alongside him, too. G.A. is still very active in the church and still comes to most football games too. Unfortunately this year, G.A. lost his son Gary Don to ALS. Gary Don was QB for the Bobcats back in the mid-90s and lead the team to a state title over Alto in 1995. That team set the mold/stage for the 98-01 teams that broke all the records.

G.A. did coach at Aubrey for a while and led them to the regional semifinals in 2009, losing to McGregor 31-21. The team went 11-2 and went on the deepest postseason run in school history, which they then tied last year, losing to Graham in the same round. Gary Don coached with his dad at Aubrey for a bit during that time, too.

Celina 49
Aubrey 14
FINAL

Game was complete domination by the Bobcats. Celina took their foot completely off the gas in the second half. Bobcats did whatever they wanted offensively and defensively. Apart from those two big TD plays, the Chaps didn’t do anything but move backwards. If Aubrey had 100 total yards, I’d be surprised.

This was very much a big brother statement game. Bobcats reminding Aubrey of the natural order of things.

That said, Chaps are a pretty good team, and with a watered down Region I, it’s highly likely that Celina and Aubrey will rematch for a ticket to the semifinals come December.

• Like 1