Red River Shootout

Stoney

Red River Shootout  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oklahoma
    • Texas
  2. 2. How many flags thrown for Horns down?

• More than 1
  3. 3. Higher number?

• Bijan carries total
    • Rattlers pass attempts

7 minutes ago, mellon said:

Actually, I was referring to the play where the receiver step out of bounds and came back in WITHOUT being forced out by the defender. So much for replay.

Yes, I addressed that already. Mea culpa. 

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

He was touched by the db so by rule the play was legal

Link? The replay I saw indicated that he was evading the DB and stepped out on his own. If you've got a better angle on the shot that backs up your assertion I would love to see it. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Link? The replay I saw indicated that he was evading the DB and stepped out on his own. If you've got a better angle on the shot that backs up your assertion I would love to see it. 

You could see it on the replay they showed on tv. I’ll grant it wasn’t enough to force him out but he did touch him which satisfies the rule. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Did we watch the same game? 

934e875h98.png

Texas was in control from the first play and led the almost the entire game. We only tied it with 7:25 in the 4th, and took our first lead of the game at the 7:10 mark. 

Also, Texas rolled up over 500 yards of offense against our highly-vaunted defense, scoring 48 points and forcing 2 turnovers. Oklahoma never slowed down Robinson until Texas started losing starting linemen. 

Hey, it was a great win, and I would be the last person to tell you not to crow about it...  but a teensy bit of sportsmanship is warranted. It was a great game, and were it not for some incredible moments, it could have very easily gone the other way. 

This is not a Herman football team right now. Sarkisian is a playcaller to be feared. He's got UT going in the right direction. I'm grateful to have escaped this one, and expect to see them again in the Big XII title game. 

Yep. They scored on a ton of big gainers/ big plays. That is still on the OU defense but their QB started with 6 competitions for 3 tds. Crown the play caller all you want, but an injured OU safety, a missed tackle, a busted coverage& blocked punt and it’s 28-7, part of which was a 50 yard run by #5. 
After that terrible start OU dominated the game. Crown Sark all you want but pure luck was the whorns best player yesterday. 

there’s little chance of them winning out, but i hope they do. If Lincoln goes with Caleb Williams permanently like he should OU will murder the whorns in round 2! 

43 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

there’s little chance of them winning out, but i hope they do. If Lincoln goes with Caleb Williams permanently like he should OU will murder the whorns in round 2

Lol, okay man, I certainly hope you're right. My own outlook is quite a bit more skeptical, but I'll be thrilled to be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, LOL said:

Lol, okay man, I certainly hope you're right. My own outlook is quite a bit more skeptical, but I'll be thrilled to be wrong. 

He forgets teams will now start having film on him and will be able to game plan for him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

He forgets teams will now start having film on him and will be able to game plan for him. 

Oh no! They’re going to watch film? What ever will Oklahoma do? 
Have they watched any the last 6 years? you know, the years that Oklahoma has won the big 12 consecutively. 

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Oh no! They’re going to watch film? What ever will Oklahoma do? 
Have they watched any the last 6 years? you know, the years that Oklahoma has won the big 12 consecutively. 

You’re right. We should just cancel the rest of the season and let Oklahoma rest so they get beat beat in the playoffs once again. Congrats on being the best team in a sorry conference the last 6 years. 

35 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

You’re right. We should just cancel the rest of the season and let Oklahoma rest so they get beat beat in the playoffs once again. Congrats on being the best team in a sorry conference the last 6 years. 

Agreed. Not the best in the country, but by far the best in the little 12. 
Thanks, congrats on the whorns not even coming close

32 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I bet Texas beats Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship assuming both take care of business until then. Baylor and okie st are interesting teams that could stop them. The notion that the Sooners are vastly better simply isn’t true.

The worst Oklahoma team in years, the luckiest start for Texas in years, true freshman qb comes in for OU and Texas still loses. 
Lol, Oklahoma is simply better

• Thumbs Down 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:57 AM, Hookemhorns88 said:

This one game that I am looking forward to with great interest.  Just as much as it makes me excited about how well Texas can do and the opportunity to win the game, I have the equal concerns about how flat the team was against Arkansas and the proverbial "pooping in their own nest".

If the line can provide just a small hole Bijan will beast out on OU.  Hopefully Moore won't have the drops that he had last week which made Thompson look worse than what he was.

My biggest concern is the secondary.  Hopefully the DL will get a push and get to Rattler.

Texas should win the special teams battle.

I am now mentally preparing myself for 4 looonnnggg hours of nervousness.

Go Horns! Hookem!

Texas started out strong by punching OU in the mouth.  Early on the OL did provide just enough of a push to get Bijan some openings to run.  However, in the second half OU's physical advantage with their DL over the OL of Texas proved itself in that Bijan, despite making the necessary moves to avoid the first contact, was immediately met by a gang of others.

Moore did redeem himself with some great catches but the ill-advised KO return proved to be terminal for Texas.

Rattler was rattled.  Williams was the difference with his legs but he was also a beneficiary of some Manziel/Evans magic as some of his throws were in desperation and were caught by tremendous efforts by his WR's.

Some untimely penalties (legit) for Texas put them behind the chains.  The WR running out of bounds for OU and not being recalled was huge.  OU did not have a penalty called against them until the 4Q.

Tackling was an issue for Texas as well.  Need to work on that.

Unfortunately Texas could not hold onto the 3 TD lead but they still do not have the athletes that OU does.  Sark called a good game but the team just could not execute with the guys on the field.  The loss hurts but it is not the end of the world.

Texas will be fine.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LOL said:

Enhance...  enhance...  enhance...

FBR-h4q-UUAIc-LJh.jpg

Haha I just came back to this because I just finally saw this video. That's crazy. There was still a push-off, but who'd have though a team could go until 6 minutes left in the 4th without getting a single penalty called on them? Wild. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Ok. 4 straight wins in rrs and 6 straight conference championships. 
Yep, Oklahoma is lucky that big bad Texas didn’t get them! 😂 

This game has been decided by one score the last 8-9 years.  Yes OU is lucky.  Yes the refs tend to help them out as to help the Big12 out down the road.  Ou’s line was holding all day, but only called for it once in the 4th.  OU didn’t win this game near as much as Texas handed it to them.  Same old Texas…..

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

This game has been decided by one score the last 8-9 years.  Yes OU is lucky.  Yes the refs tend to help them out as to help the Big12 out down the road.  Ou’s line was holding all day, but only called for it once in the 4th.  OU didn’t win this game near as much as Texas handed it to them.  Same old Texas…..

Yep, same old Texas. Lose the game and blame the refs, c’mon man that’s straight up loser talk! 

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas took their foot off the gas…..again

OU recovered. Texas could not recover the success that they had in the first half due to poor OL play. A lack of a strong pass rush allowed for Williams to get out of the pocket and make some throws that were some how brought in by his receivers.

OU caught all of the breaks in the second half which happened to be more pivotable than the ones that Texas had in the first half.

Yes, it is the “same old Texas” in the sense that they do not have the bigs up front but it is light years ahead of the Strong and Herman years.

I am disappointed that Texas lost but upon further reflection I can understand why.

Texas will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

OU recovered. Texas could not recover the success that they had in the first half due to poor OL play. A lack of a strong pass rush allowed for Williams to get out of the pocket and make some throws that were some how brought in by his receivers.

OU caught all of the breaks in the second half which happened to be more pivotable than the ones that Texas had in the first half.

Yes, it is the “same old Texas” in the sense that they do not have the bigs up front but it is light years ahead of the Strong and Herman years.

I am disappointed that Texas lost but upon further reflection I can understand why.

Texas will be fine.

Texas came out the second half and was determined to run the ball on first and second downs.  OU was determined they would not.  It took Texas the entire 3rd qtr and 3-4 three and outs to realize it.  

you blame the OL for the second half blunder.  How’d the OL do in the first half?  No one really says because the offense schemed around it.  They used the pass to set up the run.  First half playcalling was brilliant.  Second half, not so much.  Sark leaned on the weakest link the entire 3rd qtr and it kept throwing a tired defense back on the field.  Then the missed tackles started happening.  

this was the exact script from the 2018 game, except OU won it on the last second.  All gas, no brakes????  Lol, the offense is getting new brake pads this morning.  Sark didn’t just take his foot off, he rode the clutch and the brakes.  Sark has got to get it in his head that he doesn’t have the OL to lean on when up like that.  His strategy should’ve stayed the same.  

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas came out the second half and was determined to run the ball on first and second downs.  OU was determined they would not.  It took Texas the entire 3rd qtr and 3-4 three and outs to realize it.  

you blame the OL for the second half blunder.  How’d the OL do in the first half?  No one really says because the offense schemed around it.  They used the pass to set up the run.  First half playcalling was brilliant.  Second half, not so much.  Sark leaned on the weakest link the entire 3rd qtr and it kept throwing a tired defense back on the field.  Then the missed tackles started happening.  

this was the exact script from the 2018 game, except OU won it on the last second.  All gas, no brakes????  Lol, the offense is getting new brake pads this morning.  Sark didn’t just take his foot off, he rode the clutch and the brakes.  Sark has got to get it in his head that he doesn’t have the OL to lean on when up like that.  His strategy should’ve stayed the same.  

This just isn’t true. Texas had 3 drives in the 3rd quarter. Drives 1 and 3 were killed by Oline penalties and were 3&outs deep in our own territory.
The 2nd drive ended in a FG but could’ve been a TD had Washington been able to get his toe down on a nice wheel route. On this drive Texas started with a 17 yd pass to Worthy. The very next play there was a holding call that backed Texas up but everyone forgets about it because the next play Bijan picked up 33 on 1st and 20. 
On the 4th drive Texas was 3&out on 3 straight passes, with starting field position at their own 18. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

This just isn’t true. Texas had 3 drives in the 3rd quarter. Drives 1 and 3 were killed by Oline penalties and were 3&outs deep in our own territory.
The 2nd drive ended in a FG but could’ve been a TD had Washington been able to get his toe down on a nice wheel route. On this drive Texas started with a 17 yd pass to Worthy. The very next play there was a holding call that backed Texas up but everyone forgets about it because the next play Bijan picked up 33 on 1st and 20. 
On the 4th drive Texas was 3&out on 3 straight passes, with starting field position at their own 18. 

Yes, I skipped a drive.  Sorry.