Sideline to Sideline 4A Week 7 Show

Gsquared

Good show but man I’m just not feeling the love for Lindale. Yes they lost 3 games in non district 2 of which they could have won. Just remember they lost 2 games in non district last year and that was with Jenkins. I’m not say they will go to state again but I definitely don’t think it’s out of the question. Y’all said before the season started that y’all thought Chapel Hill was the team to beat this year and Lindale just rolled em. I’m just saying 

19 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Great show. I agree with @TxBroadcaster. Carthage offense has to improve. The D can only hold up so long with short fields. Also, the designed runs by the QB this early is very concerning also. Surratt has NEVER done that. Shows me the struggle is real.

How many times in the Surratt era has he had 2 QBs this close in talent - where if QB1 gets hurt, there is not a huge drop off to QB2 ?

5 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Good show but man I’m just not feeling the love for Lindale. Yes they lost 3 games in non district 2 of which they could have won. Just remember they lost 2 games in non district last year and that was with Jenkins. I’m not say they will go to state again but I definitely don’t think it’s out of the question. Y’all said before the season started that y’all thought Chapel Hill was the team to beat this year and Lindale just rolled em. I’m just saying 

Good point!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Great show. I agree with @TxBroadcaster. Carthage offense has to improve. The D can only hold up so long with short fields. Also, the designed runs by the QB this early is very concerning also. Surratt has NEVER done that. Shows me the struggle is real.

So, Gilmer, the #2 team in 4A-D2 was held down very well by Carthage with the offense not performing at what will be its peak come playoff time.

Gilmer’s offense is basically the same as it was last year except with even more experienced players, Carthage held them to 7 points.

Y’all know Surratt will have this offense playing at much more to its overall potential when the playoffs roll around.

Let’s be patient, calm and trust the process, which is being led by the best coach in Texas. 
I still believe this offense can be really good.

We have a great WR corp, a really talented 1-2 punch at RB, a QB with all the measurables, arm strength and running ability he needs, backed up by a speedster who can also throw the ball well.

Y’all just cool your jets, and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

How many times in the Surratt era has he had 2 QBs this close in talent - where if QB1 gets hurt, there is not a huge drop off to QB2 ?

SO FAR  I see two decent qbs, that may change but both give the ball to the other team right now. We can win state but our offense isn't looking good. 

21 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So, Gilmer, the #2 team in 4A-D2 was held down very well by Carthage with the offense not performing at what will be its peak come playoff time.

It was very close to being 21-14 halfway through the 4th if our defense didn't step up. I only go by the now a d change my thoughts as the team change. If they play offs were tomorrow if possible we could get upset.

54 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Gilmer’s offense is basically the same as it was last year except with even more experienced players, Carthage held them to 7 points.

Y’all know Surratt will have this offense playing at much more to its overall potential when the playoffs roll around.

Let’s be patient, calm and trust the process, which is being led by the best coach in Texas. 
I still believe this offense can be really good.

We have a great WR corp, a really talented 1-2 punch at RB, a QB with all the measurables, arm strength and running ability he needs, backed up by a speedster who can also throw the ball well.

Y’all just cool your jets, and enjoy the ride.

Obviously Carthage has Gilmer’s offense figured out. They seem to be the only team with the answer but they definitely have it. The best they could manage to score in a game last year was 14 so one less TD this year is not surprising. People are fooling themselves if they think Gilmer has “closed the gap”. Once Carthage gets things ironed out on offense, and they will, the gap will reappear. I don’t think Carthage can get to where they were last year offensively, because Courtney and Horton made them unstoppable, but they won’t need to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ronstopable said:

Obviously Carthage has Gilmer’s offense figured out. They seem to be the only team with the answer but they definitely have it. The best they could manage to score in a game last year was 14 so one less TD this year is not surprising. People are fooling themselves if they think Gilmer has “closed the gap”. Once Carthage gets things ironed out on offense, and they will, the gap will reappear. I don’t think Carthage can get to where they were last year offensively, because Courtney and Horton made them unstoppable, but they won’t need to. 

I agree with this post 100%.  We won’t be as good offensively this year as we were last, but the defense will do what it does and the offense will be way plenty adequate when the chips are down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

It was very close to being 21-14 halfway through the 4th if our defense didn't step up. I only go by the now a d change my thoughts as the team change. If they play offs were tomorrow if possible we could get upset.

Our defense steps up, it’s what they do. I do understand your concern, and I maintain the offense will be a good unit and provide enough points each game to win.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

What some don’t think about for Carthage is they have 2 good blockers not playing offense.  When the weather gets cooler, if the line/blocking is still not great, you have #52 to move to TE and #51 to take the weakest link from the other 5 spots - at least part time……..and when #52 is playing TE, that lets #15 play some RB or even WR. 

30 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

What some don’t think about for Carthage is they have 2 good blockers not playing offense.  When the weather gets cooler, if the line/blocking is still not great, you have #52 to move to TE and #51 to take the weakest link from the other 5 spots - at least part time……..and when #52 is playing TE, that lets #15 play some RB or even WR. 

When I think about Carthage, I think about the fact that they have the best coach in the State of Texas. Period.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Gotta love folks complaining about a undefeated team with a 30+ winning streak and overwhelming favorite to win another state championship. Geez 🙄 must be nice . I need a drink.

So since we're on a losing streak I can't talk about an OBVIOUS concern. 

Sorry guys......but LV is gonna turn-off the switch this week to Stephenville's high-octane offense.  LV's lines are bigger, their secondary is just very very good, and the speed of their RB's with that O-line will expose the Yellowjackets this week.  I've got LV by as much as 2 TD's in this game......several key interceptions and some long breakaway runs for TDs.......possibly a kick return TD by Majors-sterling also.....or Mekhi Rice.

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

When I think about Carthage, I think about the fact that they have the best coach in the State of Texas. Period.

Just always remember That all Great Things will come to an end at some point. And there's only one way to go when you have reached the highest point on everything and that's rock bottom. 100% a fact it will end just thought I would bring some Carthage fans back down to reality some.

6 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Just always remember That all Great Things will come to an end at some point. And there's only one way to go when you have reached the highest point on everything and that's rock bottom. 100% a fact it will end just thought I would bring some Carthage fans back down to reality some.

We Carthage Fans are Totally aware that this will all be gone one day; We are not so foolish to think that this will last forever. In the mean time, we are enjoying every moment of the ride... However long it might last.😋

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

8 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

What a great time that will be. 

Yes, Surratt will be gone one day. But I’m not sure that “rock bottom” is what you will ever see. Carthage will always be able to have their pick of top tier applicants because of what Surratt and the program have done during his tenure here. There will definitely be years in the future they are not perennial favorites for the title and they don’t make it to the title game. But “rock bottom” is a bit dramatic. Carthage has always had the talent, even before Surratt. After he is gone, whether it be someone within in or a great coach elsewhere jumping at the opportunity to tap into this well, Carthage will remain competitive. It just may not be 8 rings in 15 years competitive. But how often does that happen for anyone else? 🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Yes, Surratt will be gone one day. But I’m not sure that “rock bottom” is what you will ever see. Carthage will always be able to have their pick of top tier applicants because of what Surratt and the program have done during his tenure here. There will definitely be years in the future they are not perennial favorites for the title and they don’t make it to the title game. But “rock bottom” is a bit dramatic. Carthage has always had the talent, even before Surratt. After he is gone, whether it be someone within in or a great coach elsewhere jumping at the opportunity to tap into this well, Carthage will remain competitive. It just may not be 8 rings in 15 years competitive. But how often does that happen for anyone else? 🤔

Agreed... One thing is for certain, Carthage will not play down a classification in the desperate need of a “W” in their column...😂

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Little B and D P coach at Carthage another 12-15 years then hand the reigns to their sons who will both be around 30 years old at that time. 

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Tell that to Aledo, Katy, South lake Carrol, and Mart. 
As long as coach Surratt and Preston are at Carthage. They will be contenders. I remember a Carthage team that won five games in the regular season and went to the semifinals with 8 starters missing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Little B and D P coach at Carthage another 12-15 years then hand the reigns to their sons who will both be around 30 years old at that time. 

That would be a tough pill to swallow for long time assistants like Coach Dixon & others who have put in the time & earned a shot to run a program.   

• Like 1