Sideline to Sideline 4A Week 7 Show

Gsquared

22 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So, Gilmer, the #2 team in 4A-D2 was held down very well by Carthage with the offense not performing at what will be its peak come playoff time.

Gilmer’s offense is basically the same as it was last year except with even more experienced players, Carthage held them to 7 points.

Y’all know Surratt will have this offense playing at much more to its overall potential when the playoffs roll around.

Let’s be patient, calm and trust the process, which is being led by the best coach in Texas. 
I still believe this offense can be really good.

We have a great WR corp, a really talented 1-2 punch at RB, a QB with all the measurables, arm strength and running ability he needs, backed up by a speedster who can also throw the ball well.

Y’all just cool your jets, and enjoy the ride.

Umm no sir we lost our top two wide receivers from last yr, we only returned QB,Wr, and 3 on the online.

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Umm no sir we lost our top two wide receivers from last yr, we only returned QB,Wr, and 3 on the online.

12 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

And rb plus got some big move ins on that side of the ball too

I'd think the Rockwell transfer ought to negate one of those losses.  

54 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Excuse me, you’re correct, y’all had some key departures. Gilmer is fortunate to have the QB return for his senior season. 

But even with all that we still have enough to do better than what we did against y’all. I honestly think it’s more so on the coaching than the players. We get lost in the gap of the players but I think the gap is between our OC and y’all DC and it shows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

But even with all that we still have enough to do better than what we did against y’all. I honestly think it’s more so on the coaching than the players. We get lost in the gap of the players but I think the gap is between our OC and y’all DC and it shows.

🤔

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think overall Carthage has better players, especially defensively, but the coaching is a big advantage for CHS. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I think overall Carthage has better players, especially defensively, but the coaching is a big advantage for CHS. 

It is the Dawg D, that is the difference. 
Just think about it. Five turnovers in the first half alone against a 5A team that will probably go three or four rounds deep in the playoffs. 
Corner Stone that just beat the socks off the number 2 team in 4A DI. 
Held Gilmer to 17 yards and one first down until the third quarter. PG was held to 47 yards rushing. 
just think if the Dawg offense was not so young and could of scored on 50 percent of there opportunities. 
This Dawg D may have four shutouts. We are witnessing one of the best defenses in 4A history. Don’t worry I am not comparing them to 83 Daingerfield but in today’s offenses they will be remembered as one of the best. 
When the offense becomes the machine that I know they will be and the defense gets a rest, it will be nearly impossible for any team to score on them. 
No, Gilmer has not narrowed gap, they went up against a monster of a defense. All eleven fly to the ball and they bring punishment when they get there. 

• Like 2