Wow...found out today I have an uncle in the hospital with COVID

Monte1076

45 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Got an email from my mother a bit ago. Got an uncle (one of her brothers) in the hospital with COVID. My mother told me he's been there, and on a ventilator, nearly a week, and he's not doing very well.

Sorry to hear that man.

24 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Prayers for your uncle. Hope he is doing better. 

Just this morning attended a memorial for a relative whose heart gave out after contracting Covid. He was a good man and he will be missed. 

From what I've been told, he's likely not going to make it, unfortunately. A cousin of mine (who is this uncle's nephew) told me that without the ventilator, his breathing is only something like 15%. Also, apparently his step-son (who I always considered a cousin anyway) recently signed a DNR, and I think they were going to the hospital today to "meet with the doctors". I haven't heard anything else.

• Prayers 1

10 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

From what I've been told, he's likely not going to make it, unfortunately. A cousin of mine (who is this uncle's nephew) told me that without the ventilator, his breathing is only something like 15%. Also, apparently his step-son (who I always considered a cousin anyway) recently signed a DNR, and I think they were going to the hospital today to "meet with the doctors". I haven't heard anything else.

Prayers for comfort and healing, if possible for him, and all your family. Very heightened rough time because of the isolation involved for the patient. 

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Prayers for comfort and healing, if possible for him, and all your family. Very heightened rough time because of the isolation involved for the patient. 

Thanks.

I imagine it's really rough for his immediate family. His wife is deceased (she died a few years back), so it's just his step-son and two daughters.

• Prayers 2

9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Perhaps his donated organs will give others another chance at life.

I don't know if he was an organ donor or not. He (likely) had underlying health issues. I'm not sure. I believe he just turned 67 something like last week.

• Prayers 1

11 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

My sister just updated me a few minutes ago. My uncle went to the Lord around 2 PM today.

Deepest condolences on the loss of your kin. Always wonderful to see one put their trust in Him that has granted us everlasting life. Doesn’t make losing one any less painful, but it helps us get through life’s valleys. Again. My deepest condolences.