Week 8 Tatum vs Atlanta

Tatum_DirtyBird

Atlanta @ Tatum  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Yes we do. The team with the most points at the end of the game. 

They’re all still upset about that. Lol with their prestigious past I know they’re ticked that they couldn’t get the 1 seed at all since dropping back down. 

6 hours ago, Racer55 said:

We were there in 2019. Everyone on our schedule that year had a 6-5 or better record except I think Minny had a 5-5 record. We had injuries and all as well, and our qb had like a 30 % completion ratio. It was tough. Went from high flying 40-50 points a game two to three years prior to struggling to get a first down. It’s the way the chips fall sometimes.

Yea we went 3-7 that year. 

A lot of people laugh and joke about QC and so forth, but the fact of the matter is, this was already going to be a down year for Atlanta. I highly doubt the previous coaching staff would have stepped down if they thought that THIS was Atlanta's year.

Atlanta spent all off-season and scrimmages running a new offense, with new coaches, and lost QB1/RB1 both in a period of a week. RB1 was a game changer, just ask Sabine. QB1 did finally make it back for the first week of district, and looked pretty good for the most part. WR1 got himself thrown out of the game against WO (which was his first game being back after being injured a few weeks earlier), WR2 broke his foot the week prior. 

With all the injuries mounting, the "next man up" scenario comes into play, but this is 3A football, and already with a very thin group of SR/JR athletes, we're down to playing a bunch of younger kids. RB1 is now a sophomore, QB1 is a sophomore, never know when WR1 is going to play, WR2 is out for the season, starting 2 freshmen on defense... It's been a tough road to hoe even for a new coaching staff. 

People can sell the coaching staff out all they want. I don't know much about the head coach, but I do know several of the other guys are good coaches with lots of experience. We cannot act like we didn't see this coming however. Last year was bad enough, just scratching out 2 wins in district, kids not showing up to get on the bus... Culture change won't happen in 1 season. I did hope they would get a win before the season ended but that may not happen. We will just have to see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

A lot of people laugh and joke about QC and so forth, but the fact of the matter is, this was already going to be a down year for Atlanta. I highly doubt the previous coaching staff would have stepped down if they thought that THIS was Atlanta's year.

Atlanta spent all off-season and scrimmages running a new offense, with new coaches, and lost QB1/RB1 both in a period of a week. RB1 was a game changer, just ask Sabine. QB1 did finally make it back for the first week of district, and looked pretty good for the most part. WR1 got himself thrown out of the game against WO (which was his first game being back after being injured a few weeks earlier), WR2 broke his foot the week prior. 

With all the injuries mounting, the "next man up" scenario comes into play, but this is 3A football, and already with a very thin group of SR/JR athletes, we're down to playing a bunch of younger kids. RB1 is now a sophomore, QB1 is a sophomore, never know when WR1 is going to play, WR2 is out for the season, starting 2 freshmen on defense... It's been a tough road to hoe even for a new coaching staff. 

People can sell the coaching staff out all they want. I don't know much about the head coach, but I do know several of the other guys are good coaches with lots of experience. We cannot act like we didn't see this coming however. Last year was bad enough, just scratching out 2 wins in district, kids not showing up to get on the bus... Culture change won't happen in 1 season. I did hope they would get a win before the season ended but that may not happen. We will just have to see. 

Maybe this week?

Guest Tiger03lb
4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Was there an update yesterday. Multiple people had problems getting on Smoaky. 

Had the same problem. I refresh the page and it went back to normal. I thought it was bad service at first. Lol

56 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

@Crawford I can’t go back to topic listing or click on High School Sports without getting this …

393EB5FF-ACA9-4A51-A41C-F97BA4ED75CC.png

9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I have no clue. Ask @LOL or @MavGrad99

6 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Was there an update yesterday. Multiple people had problems getting on Smoaky. 

It's a script error. It looks like someone from Invision recently updated some code, and certain devices have difficulty with it.  

You might try closing out your browser and/or restarting your device. That might "un-stick" it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LOL said:

It's a script error. It looks like someone from Invision recently updated some code, and certain devices have difficulty with it.  

You might try closing out your browser and/or restarting your device. That might "un-stick" it. 

Closed browser and restarted phone. Still getting same thing. IDK

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Must be operator error. 🤣

I guess I figured it out. I was on second page when update took place. I couldn’t get it to load anything from page one. Not sure if that made any kind of difference but I cleared my history and opened Smoaky back up and now it works. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I guess I figured it out. I was on second page when update took place. I couldn’t get it to load anything from page one. Not sure if that made any kind of difference but I cleared my history and opened Smoaky back up and now it works. 

I had the same issue yesterday but later in the day I was able to refresh the page and it worked fine. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Man, that stinks, but I'm glad you got it sorted out! 

17 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

17 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

If yall go 0-10 is there a legitimate chance the coach gets fired? I know ATL is down this year but even then yall should have at least a few wins under your belt regardless of injuries.

9 minutes ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

If yall go 0-10 is there a legitimate chance the coach gets fired? I know ATL is down this year but even then yall should have at least a few wins under your belt regardless of injuries.

No lol. We just hired them. How do you fire coaches from a program that was already in shambles? We only had TWO (2) wins last season, and I don't think we would have gotten them had our RB come back (the same one that's out now). Atlanta's issue won't be corrected in a year. Maybe these coaches can do it, maybe they can't, but you can't fire your entire coaching staff because they went 0-10 after inheriting a program that was lucky to go 2-9 the year before. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

No lol. We just hired them. How do you fire coaches from a program that was already in shambles? We only had TWO (2) wins last season, and I don't think we would have gotten them had our RB come back (the same one that's out now). Atlanta's issue won't be corrected in a year. Maybe these coaches can do it, maybe they can't, but you can't fire your entire coaching staff because they went 0-10 after inheriting a program that was lucky to go 2-9 the year before. 

Have they taken any steps in the right direction?